Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

How to make a clutch job more difficult ....

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2010, 08:00 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 1badgsex
this is why no one uses slowboy anymore there customer service is horrible and half the time the parts they send are wrong or damaged !!!!
After all was said and done, it turned out to be a problem on CCI's end (it was drop shipped from CCI, not from SBR Warehouse) ... Slowboy took very good care of me, they will have me a new clutch in under 24hrs from the problem being reported. They ate the shipping both ways on it, and i even got a call from the boss regarding the situation. The experience hasn't deterred me from using SBR ... its just made me more aware to double check things bfore starting a big *** job!!
Old Mar 8, 2010, 10:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Did my clutch job on my rs, everything was ez until putting the trans back in. Then i found out i have a bad pressure plate because it slips like a ***** and the engagement point is at the very top even after adjusting the pedal. Which means i have to do my clutch again, never again ACT.
Old Mar 9, 2010, 05:17 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by brokenRS
Did my clutch job on my rs, everything was ez until putting the trans back in. Then i found out i have a bad pressure plate because it slips like a ***** and the engagement point is at the very top even after adjusting the pedal. Which means i have to do my clutch again, never again ACT.
OMG .... There is no words for that....
Old Mar 9, 2010, 08:01 PM
Evolving Member

Well ... another day gone by still no finished vehicle ... Took the tranny in and out 4 times today ... No matter WHAT we do, we cant get the clutch fork to release ( i think its release)

My best assumption is a problem with the throwout bearing or something.

Clutch fork sits in middle, has roughly 1/4" play to drivers side,

Impossible to push by hand to the pass side

install slave ... bleed... depress clutch pedal ... Slave pushes fork to pass side, it makes a loud click, and does not return....

Is there something special im supposed to be doing when putting the tranny back in?? is the clutch fork supposed to be in a certain position?? Is the lock ring not seating on the TOB .. im lost and stumped and frustrated and ready to take a plasma cutter to the car and part it out!
Old Mar 9, 2010, 09:44 PM
Evolving Member

Did you guys double check the fork assembly to make sure you guys put it back together right? The spring is tricky but only goes back together one way. It should press from the driver side to the passenger side the first time and you're all set. I would start at the reassembly of the fork to make sure everything is right and the spring provides tension when you move the fork.
Old Mar 10, 2010, 05:51 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by RoninVIIIRS
Did you guys double check the fork assembly to make sure you guys put it back together right? The spring is tricky but only goes back together one way. It should press from the driver side to the passenger side the first time and you're all set. I would start at the reassembly of the fork to make sure everything is right and the spring provides tension when you move the fork.
Yeah im almost positive the fork is correct, like you said, it did only go together one way. To me it sounds like when the fork is pressed to the pass side, it makes a loud click like instead of pulling the plate the TOB is just slipping thru , almost like the stupid lock clip ring thing thats supposed to hold the TOB in ISNT.

Are there any additional things off the old TOB/Pressure plate that need to go back on the new one???

Unpacked Pressure plate & disc
attached disc with alignment tool
mounted plate to flywheel
removed fork
removed old TOB
installed new TOB (from clutch kit)
replaced fork
installed tranny

done in that order
Old Mar 10, 2010, 06:04 AM
Evolving Member

Everytime i see a thread on here and they (SBR) are metioned it is always something bad... Coincidence?

Last edited by evoIXcencal83; Mar 10, 2010 at 06:09 AM.
Old Mar 15, 2010, 08:05 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by nhsean69
After all was said and done, it turned out to be a problem on CCI's end (it was drop shipped from CCI, not from SBR Warehouse) ... Slowboy took very good care of me, they will have me a new clutch in under 24hrs from the problem being reported. They ate the shipping both ways on it, and i even got a call from the boss regarding the situation. The experience hasn't deterred me from using SBR ... its just made me more aware to double check things bfore starting a big *** job!!
thanks man, contrary to popular belief, we are working very hard to take care of our customers and grow in a positive manner. Shoot me an IM if there is anything else that I can help with.

Marti
Old Mar 15, 2010, 02:30 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evoIXcencal83
Everytime i see a thread on here and they (SBR) are metioned it is always something bad... Coincidence?
IDK ... Like i said tho ... all said and done ... SBR got done what they needed to to make up for their vendors mistake and keep a customer happy. I wish i received hald the phone calls and emails i did from SBR for anything that gets screwed up. Was awesome.

Marti over there knew it was my first time doing a clutch and made himself available to me via AIM and Phone for any misc questions i had or problems getting stuck.