Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Aftermarket Exhaust Manifold?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2010, 09:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Aftermarket Exhaust Manifold?

Is there really no use in these? Im not only looking for power i like the show as well as go. And i DO plan on upgrading the turbo down the road (FP RED). As far as cheap and good looks the Megan is nice. I know, I have heard they crack. Im not gonna be dragging my car everyday or AutoX or anything. Just busting the occasional punk-a$$ honda, also not a DD. Just looking for a little better spool and some shine. To buy or not to buy? Thanks
Old Mar 10, 2010, 09:26 AM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Get a nice ported/coated exhaust manifold.
Old Mar 10, 2010, 09:35 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Go with a Buschur ported and coated manifold its proven to work great with the Stock or any FP turbo especially the Red
And its cheaper then most others and looks great

https://secure.buschurracing.com/cat...products_id=75
Attached Thumbnails Aftermarket Exhaust Manifold?-buschurmani.jpg  
Old Mar 10, 2010, 09:42 AM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
My vote goes to the MAP version since its proven to make the most power, but PPI does great porting work too. I have the Buschur on my car and it is a nice basic port job; the coating holds up great (2+ yrs/35k on it and no flaking).
Old Mar 10, 2010, 09:58 AM
Evolved Member

thats what i keep hearing lol Buschur, i just hate the way the stocker looks, hate to WASTE money on a megan for the looks thugh
Old Mar 10, 2010, 10:05 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by black_beauty
Is there really no use in these? Im not only looking for power i like the show as well as go. And i DO plan on upgrading the turbo down the road (FP RED). As far as cheap and good looks the Megan is nice. I know, I have heard they crack. Im not gonna be dragging my car everyday or AutoX or anything. Just busting the occasional punk-a$$ honda, also not a DD. Just looking for a little better spool and some shine. To buy or not to buy? Thanks
if you DD your car in any way, shape, or form do not get that POS manifold - it will crack and the cracking isn't due to just racing. Its just not worth the money to buy crap and deal with the headaches that will associate with it.

Keep the good solid cast manifold and buy a blingy exhaust manifold shield....
Old Mar 10, 2010, 01:22 PM
Evolved Member

i DO NOT DD my car, what about the Invidia one? is it any better? i think it looks sick
Old Mar 10, 2010, 01:44 PM
Evolved Member

I have the shearer with the red....very nice but not cheap. I had a megan before and it had smaller inlets than the stocker at the turbo side and head.
Old Mar 11, 2010, 10:45 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Kracka
My vote goes to the MAP version since its proven to make the most power, but PPI does great porting work too. I have the Buschur on my car and it is a nice basic port job; the coating holds up great (2+ yrs/35k on it and no flaking).
I'm interested in the PPI manifold. Was also considering MAP but I'm thinking later on down the road of going MAP for the Intake Mani and MilSpec TB. Kinda want to spread the wealth with these great vendors.

Any major differences in gains between the MAP mani and PPI? Does one have better low end response while the other pushes for better high end?
Old Mar 11, 2010, 11:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
forget the stocker i say tubular all day long. Mona Lisa, Full race or shearers. Take your pick how much you trying to spend. I have a sorry cracked megan on my evo now ill give it to you once i take it off if you want one so bad LOL. Soon Mona is going on
Old Mar 11, 2010, 11:10 AM
Evolving Member

Port and polish the oem with maperformance it's worth it, just got mine back today and everyones jaw dropped. Tubular exhaust mani would be shearer and/or full race, good luck.
Old Mar 11, 2010, 02:20 PM
Evolved Member

i know i can coat my stocker but they are ugly as hell, i want it to look good and flow. So no input on the Invidia? ive never heard of Mona Lisa

Last edited by black_beauty; Mar 11, 2010 at 08:18 PM.
Old Mar 11, 2010, 03:00 PM
Evolving Member

Take a look at shearers' product line tubular exhaust mani and O2 dump. If the noise is an issue then check out titek v2 O2 housing.
Old Mar 11, 2010, 03:06 PM
Evolving Member

The Mona Lisa is offered from Tamer at 4ws tuning. So it sounds to me that you want a tubular manifold. Forget those pos bulk manufactured manifolds. Go with an ETS, or AFI stock replacement manifold. AFI is running an awesome deal on their stock replacement manifold. Their welding is unbelievable and is guaranteed for life.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/af...e-pricing.html
Old Mar 11, 2010, 03:14 PM
Evolved Member

I wouldnt touch the Invidia, they use cheap ss (so I have been told). A lot of people will tell you that tubulars wont make more power. I make more on my car, but that is just me. I would go w/ ones that have been said such as Shearer, JMFab, ETS has a nice new one, and the 4ws one too. The ported stocker is def the best for the money, but if you like a good tubular and the sound it will compliment the tone of the exhaust too.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Exhaust Manifold?