Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

New cams...Evo falls on its face

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2010, 03:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Pretty much what I figured. I followed the write on the the egr and fuel pressure regulator solenoid removal and closed disabled the periphery bits relating to that. I guess the COP setup is another vairable I can check. Otherwise I am at a loss until I can get a log tomorrow.
Old Mar 16, 2010, 03:42 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yeah i feel ya man kinda sucks get your log and then see whats up.....if we can't get any good info out of that then i would say chill out on the car till you go to ams....or since Tamer did your last tune i'm sure he would be more than happy to try and trouble shoot with you, he's a real good guy
Old Mar 17, 2010, 06:45 PM
Evolved Member

I have attached a ZIP file with a few different logs I took. None of these were at full throttle and I do see some consistent knock but the timing seems all over the map for some reason. Why would it be going negative? Maybe one of you can make heads or tails from this.
Attached Files
File Type: zip
logs.zip (38.5 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by SEEnoEVO; Mar 17, 2010 at 07:19 PM.
Old Mar 17, 2010, 07:02 PM
Evolved Member

and a quick look at my timing map for the old cams
Attached Thumbnails New cams...Evo falls on its face-timing.gif  
Old Mar 17, 2010, 08:33 PM
Evolved Member

Picking up something that isn't really knock and continues to pull timing which does nothing for what it is actually picking up?? Idk. I am trying to think of anything.
Old Mar 18, 2010, 03:46 AM
Evolved Member

Putting it up for the morning crew.
Old Mar 18, 2010, 04:42 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SEEnoEVO
I have attached a ZIP file with a few different logs I took. None of these were at full throttle and I do see some consistent knock but the timing seems all over the map for some reason. Why would it be going negative? Maybe one of you can make heads or tails from this.
I don't see any csv files in the zip file.
Old Mar 18, 2010, 04:52 AM
Evolved Member

Really?? When I download it it shows everything fine. Hmm. PM me your email address? Its strange because I just saw another thread with the exact same consistent 9 counts of knock but it also doesnt talk about performance and talks about idle issues which mine does not seem too bad.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ec...-problems.html

Up until my wastegate opens, the car feels pretty good even with the knock sensor showing 9.
Old Mar 18, 2010, 04:55 AM
Evolved Member

If I remember correctly, my buddy had a split knock sensor wire and got 9 counts of knock just reving the engine at idle.
Old Mar 18, 2010, 04:57 AM
Evolved Member

The file in the zip file is labelled "logs[1]", with no file extension.

What is it? Doesn't look like an EvoScan csv.
Old Mar 18, 2010, 04:59 AM
Evolved Member

shoot me a PM with your email address and I will shoot it over. I dont know whats wrong. When I open the ZIP i show three .csv files. I am trying to find a picture of where the knock sensor meets the harness. I know the location of the knock sensor, but cant seem to find where the wires go. I'm almost wondering if its not even plugged in. I dont know if that would cause my issues, but it really has me curious.

Last edited by SEEnoEVO; Mar 18, 2010 at 05:06 AM.
Old Mar 18, 2010, 05:07 AM
Evolved Member

Try this one
Attached Files
File Type: zip
LOGS2.zip (40.5 KB, 0 views)
Old Mar 18, 2010, 08:47 AM
Evolved Member

Try this one
Sorry that doesn't work either. The file in the zip file should look like a typical EvoScan datalog shouldn't it? Like for instance:

EvoScanDataLog_2010.03.09_20.06.05.csv

Anyway, were you seeing knock just reving the motor while in neutral? If so, how much?

My buddy brought in an Evo from Japan, and it was just DEAD. Felt terrible. We did some logging and it was hitting 9 counts of knock when reving at idle if I recall correctly. Well some rat down at harbor or something must have chewed through the knock sensor wire off the harness, and once we repaired the broken lead to the knock sensor, the car felt great.
Old Mar 18, 2010, 08:53 AM
Evolved Member

Yes they are just three standard Evoscan files. Does anyone know which periphery bit messes with the knock sensor? Could it be a possibility that it got messed up when disabling for the FPRS EVAP and EGR?
Old Mar 18, 2010, 09:55 AM
Evolved Member

Yes they are just three standard Evoscan files. Does anyone know which periphery bit messes with the knock sensor? Could it be a possibility that it got messed up when disabling for the FPRS EVAP and EGR?
I doubt it. First I think you should prove the knock sensor is giving problems. I would try to see if you get knock just reving the motor in neutral. If so, and especially if the knock counts are 9's, I think your knock sensor might just be unplugged or something.

Quick Reply: New cams...Evo falls on its face