Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Problems accelerating with new clutch

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2010, 02:20 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Problems accelerating with new clutch

I bought an exedy twin carbon with 1k miles on it and great looking disks . I had it installed and still drove it 500 miles without really getting on it just to be safe een though it had miles on it.

Anyways, today I replaced my coils cause they were going bad, and when I go wot it starts going and suddenly it starts losing power and rpms go down , then starts going up again ... Is the clutch slip like I think it is? If so why the heck would it be slipping ??? Or could it be another problem?

We replaced the coils because I saw the right one arching and I was shooting flames on fast shifts due to the coils not using up all the fuel in the cylinder... Thanks fr reading and input if any
Old Mar 14, 2010, 03:42 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bump
Old Mar 14, 2010, 03:49 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The carbon clutches need to be heated up before you can get into it or it will slip. while it is slipping it is heating up then grabbing. This is very very bad for the clutch and it will not last long at all. We do not recommend these for street use for this exact reason.

The twin ceramatalic is a much more street friendly clutch.

-Em
Old Mar 14, 2010, 10:28 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
+1, i always let my car idle up to normal operating temps because of this. twin disks are touchy, and need some warming up to work properly
Old Mar 15, 2010, 06:52 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If you lose power & rpm goes down it's not your clutch. If you lose power and RPM goes up it's another story.