Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

HELP:Boost dumping at 12-13 psi?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2010, 03:31 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HELP:Boost dumping at 12-13 psi?

Heres the deal. I took my heat sheld off 2 days ago because I have my MAP o2 dump on order so I was getting prepared for that. but after I took my car out this morning it wont boost past 12-13 psi it seems like im hearing the boost come out somewhere but problem is I have no idea where? Im not sure whats going on all my IC pipes are tight and just before I drove the car last I hit my usual 19-20 psi. Im on a crappy MBC that a friend gave me but it worked great for 2 months. I was wondering if there was anything I could have dont to the wastegate or wastegate arm that could have caused this issue? I dont recall bumping it and I know i didnt bend it lol just needing some ideas. took my boost controller apart made sure it wasnt gloged and even cranked the boost up more but still it always drops off in the same spot. It feels like the wastegate is opening you can alomst here all the wasted air. damn Im confused some shed some light on this! btw before I was hitting mid 260s (highest load cell) now im lucky to hit 220!!!!

Thanks,
AC
Old Mar 18, 2010, 04:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts
Did you boost leak test the car? I would start there something may have come loose.

All you did was take the manifold heat shield off???
Old Mar 18, 2010, 04:23 PM
Evolving Member

yes the upper and lower heat shelid I also had not driven the car for about a week, I got my fuel pump and wideband installed today. It was messing up before that though, it was the first real driving of the car since last friday. I feel like its the wastegate and not the turbo so im not sure im checking for shaft play now, Im not sure how to do a boost leak test?
Old Mar 18, 2010, 05:48 PM
Evolving Member

Mods can close this thred It ended up being the Vaccume hose that I had connected to the boost gauge and the was run to my DV and that was to my boost controller lol. The vaccume hose om my boost gauge had come undone, I hooked it back up and presto! Im now able to use my new walboro fuel pump and Wide Band!!

Last edited by BoostFTW05; Mar 18, 2010 at 05:48 PM. Reason: Reason
Old Mar 18, 2010, 09:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by BoostFTW05
Mods can close this thred It ended up being the Vaccume hose that I had connected to the boost gauge and the was run to my DV and that was to my boost controller lol. The vaccume hose om my boost gauge had come undone, I hooked it back up and presto! Im now able to use my new walboro fuel pump and Wide Band!!
HMMM, this sounds like something that I would do