Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.
View Poll Results: GSC 2.2L Vs Buschur 2.1L 4G64 Stroker Kit
GSC 2.2L 4G64
44.64%
BUSCHUR 2.1L 4G64
55.36%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

GSC Power-Division 2.2L 4G64 Vs Buschur 2.1L Stroker Kit (Not short block)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2010, 11:14 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by davidbuschur
Billet cranks.............IF I felt there was an advantage to running a billet/aftermarket crank I'd surely use them.
Technically, if the billet crank is lighter (assuming strength is the same or better), there's an advantage there plus the aftermarket crank could be more aerodynamic depending on design. Whether that's enough to show up in horsepower or times, that's a whole other question.
Old Mar 25, 2010, 01:03 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by project_skyline
Nil's has an AMS 2.3 stroker...
He does now, because of sponsorship. Before that he had a GSC 2.2. Yes, the GSC engine saw some damage at some point, but it's not proven to be GSC's fault, and after all, it was a serious time attack car, engine's don't last forever under that use. Leading up to that, it performed extremely well. His racing proves that.
Old Mar 25, 2010, 06:00 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GSC Billet cranks offer a 100, 88 and 94mm stroke, they have a proprietary design in the oiling passages (a tapered design to promote even flow to all bearings), they are harder to bend or flex than a forged unit, and are an all round stronger piece. Are all of these things needed to make horsepower? no, but everyone of them helps to increase reliability in a high hp engine.
Old Mar 25, 2010, 08:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by GregGSC
GSC Billet cranks offer a 100, 88 and 94mm stroke, they have a proprietary design in the oiling passages (a tapered design to promote even flow to all bearings), they are harder to bend or flex than a forged unit, and are an all round stronger piece. Are all of these things needed to make horsepower? no, but everyone of them helps to increase reliability in a high hp engine.
Greg, I never saw your reply to this question when it was posed to you a while back:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/6816024-post31.html

Can you answer that here?
Old Mar 25, 2010, 08:41 AM
Evolved Member

Location: South Beach, FL / Miami, FL / Pt. St. Lucie, FL / NYC
Originally Posted by GregGSC
Now Greg do you use 4G63's or 4G64 blocks?
Old Mar 25, 2010, 01:04 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
BTW, sitting here thinking about this, 20gmr, since your stupid comments pissed me off. I do remember speaking to a guy, I think in N or S Caroline a few weeks ago and I'm guessing that's who you are referring to as it's the only story I know of about an engine that failed. Did he also tell you he blew a head gasket and melted off an electrode in that engine? Maybe he missed that detail. Did he also tell you that I told him in order to do anything the engine needed to get here first. I'd inspect it and determine what was the cause and even if I did determine it was nothing on our end I'd fix it for my absolute dead cost of parts and machine work because he did buy it from us and I appreciated his business?
Owned.
Old Mar 25, 2010, 01:14 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DBallz
Now Greg do you use 4G63's or 4G64 blocks?
Both, if you look at their stroker kit online, it shows 86.5mm and the 87mm bore for the 4g64. See link below: The website was just updated!

http://www.power-division.com/home.php?cat=271
Old Mar 25, 2010, 01:31 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by crcain
Greg, I never saw your reply to this question when it was posed to you a while back:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/6816024-post31.html

Can you answer that here?
The pictured crankshaft he was referring to had 3 different styles of oiling passages in it; it was a test crank for pressure checking only and not to be run in an engine. So i guess the answer to his question would be. The crank was used for pressure testing and has both a straight shot, tapered straight shot, and an OEM drilling.
Old Mar 25, 2010, 01:44 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by dambikeracer
Both, if you look at their stroker kit online, it shows 86.5mm and the 87mm bore for the 4g64. See link below: The website was just updated!

http://www.power-division.com/home.php?cat=271
thanks for bringing this up. Cole just updated those today.
Old Mar 25, 2010, 02:18 PM
Evolved Member

Greg, what trade offs are there when switching from a 4G63 block to a 4G64 block?

David, feel free to answer this too, the more info people have the better they'll be in making their decisions, thanks
Old Mar 25, 2010, 02:35 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 05ah8james
Fixed
Hey hey now, you are putting words in my mouth

Originally Posted by hokiruu
He does now, because of sponsorship. Before that he had a GSC 2.2. Yes, the GSC engine saw some damage at some point, but it's not proven to be GSC's fault, and after all, it was a serious time attack car, engine's don't last forever under that use. Leading up to that, it performed extremely well. His racing proves that.
I have no idea how long he had that motor, but from his vids on youtube it does look like he got some good use out of it

The point I am trying to make is, whether you decided to build an AMS 2.3, Buschur 2.3, GSC 2.2... or what I would recommend, a bit pricey at that, a Cosworth 2.2, you will be getting a quality product
Old Mar 25, 2010, 04:30 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by willitas34
The point I am trying to make is, whether you decided to build an AMS 2.3, Buschur 2.3, GSC 2.2... or what I would recommend, a bit pricey at that, a Cosworth 2.2, you will be getting a quality product
Cosworth is too much $$$, Buschur or GSC. I need to make up my mind if I ever plan on going bigger the the FP Black or not. If not, I will go with the GSC, if so, It's buschur.
Old Mar 25, 2010, 04:35 PM
Evolved Member

FF HTA86 w/ 2.1 lol

But honestly why not do a BR 2.0, that seems like the cheapest option?
Old Mar 25, 2010, 05:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
eric@milspec, thanks Capt. Obvious.......rods packed in plastic cases are better too if you drop them before you install them they aren't as likely to get damaged.

Advantages between the blocks are debatable. The 2.4 block is a hell of a lot cheaper and that is one of if not the biggest advantage. It is also less likely to crack at high HP levels but there are very few guys cracking the 2 liter block anyway and even less running in the danger zone of having it happen. The 2 liter has a better head seal than the 2.4 block the 2 liter block is also lighter. No extra work has to be done to put a 2 liter back in your EVO, the 2.4 block requires some minor adjustments.

Let me also add that while I'd love to sell ALMOST anyone one of our engines it is surely not worth me argueing over. I have nothing negative to say about other vendors mentioned in here mostly because I don't care. I don't know how many engines we've sold, it's a rediculous number. I don't know if I need any more engine business (although I'll take it) as we can't build them fast enough as it is. You RARELY see/hear or experience one of our engines failing and I know how many we sell, that's good enough for me. It's like double pumpers, we did it first, other followed but in reality we shipped 15 of them last week and are shipping 7 more this week. I know and so do most others what products are good and proven and we prove what we sell on a daily basis. I don't need to trash talk and get in pissing matches over what works and what doesn't. Unlike many, I've proven what works.

Make your choice, buy an engine, from me or someone else, it won't hurt my feelings and I hope whatever any of you chose works out well.

Last edited by David Buschur; Mar 25, 2010 at 05:45 PM.
Old Mar 25, 2010, 05:43 PM
Former Sponsor

Really excited to see what a 2.1 with E85 and a very large BW turbo is going to do on my car. We are really going to push it as far as it will go

Quick Reply: GSC Power-Division 2.2L 4G64 Vs Buschur 2.1L Stroker Kit (Not short block)