Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

EVO III Turbo Header

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2002, 04:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EVO III Turbo Header

hello everybody I am a new member

nice to finally find a website for evos. personally the evo is one of my favorite cars. had a ride in a evo 7 and loved them ever since.

as you can see I am a owner of a very slow eclipse, and I know that the EVO III shares the same engine as mine. Nobody sells tubalor exhaust manifolds in the USA for the eclipse, the best thing they sold here was the HKS cast iron exhaust manifold, supported an HKS Wastegate, was Tang Divided and flanged for the T4 series hotend. problem is the HKS cut the production and nobody sells them anymore.

has anybody ever made a turbo kit for an EVO III. (Greddy, Blitz, HKS etc)

I dont care if its in Australia, Japan etc. a phone number or link will do, thanks.
Old Jul 24, 2002, 05:36 PM

Re: EVO III Turbo Header

Originally posted by sloweclipse
hello everybody I am a new member

nice to finally find a website for evos. personally the evo is one of my favorite cars. had a ride in a evo 7 and loved them ever since.

as you can see I am a owner of a very slow eclipse, and I know that the EVO III shares the same engine as mine. Nobody sells tubalor exhaust manifolds in the USA for the eclipse, the best thing they sold here was the HKS cast iron exhaust manifold, supported an HKS Wastegate, was Tang Divided and flanged for the T4 series hotend. problem is the HKS cut the production and nobody sells them anymore.

has anybody ever made a turbo kit for an EVO III. (Greddy, Blitz, HKS etc)

I dont care if its in Australia, Japan etc. a phone number or link will do, thanks.
Hi bro,
I am an EVO3,4,6 owner and have done up my EVO3 and EVO6. The EVO has Trust turbine kit TD06-25G pumping 540hp doing 10.9sec quarter.The EVO5 has a HKS turbine kit with a 3037S pumping 480hp doing 11.42sec quarter. I can help you get hold of the turbine kits if you know what you want as my friend in Japan gets hold of them for me.Its hard to get any good dealers from Japan as they dont speak English. There's lots of companies in Japan making exhaust manifold for EVO's now as they are the most popular circuit car at the moment as they have beat GTRs, RX7 and Supra's like tkaing candy from a baby.
Anyway email me at tanabe_355@yahoo.com if you need more help on the manifold and I am very sure HKS still makes manifold for EVO's
Old Aug 31, 2002, 05:36 AM
Evolving Member

A tubular header for that car will give you minimal results at best if you are not running a crazy setup. A 2G eclipse exhaust manifold if ported out to 7cm will support over 500 hp at the wheels with out a hiccup. I don't mean to discourage you from buying one in any way I would just hate to see you spend money in the wrong direction on your car. If you have any eclipse tech questions you cannot get answered you can E-Mail me at work at the following E-Mail address.

automotosports@ameritech.net

-kris-
Old Aug 31, 2002, 06:23 AM
Evolved Member

Check out Mach V Motorosports online. They have TONS of Eclipse stuff. Great little store.

EDIT: forgot Buschur as well.

Last edited by pjal84; Aug 31, 2002 at 06:28 AM.
Old Aug 31, 2002, 06:34 AM
Evolving Member

try RoadRaceMotorsports.com they do eclipse/talon/laser racing.

Link
Old Sep 27, 2002, 04:39 AM
Account Disabled

We ofer a stainless/tubular manifold for all gen Evo's..will suit a T/E/L ad GVR4 as well, uses stock turbo flange, so any 14B, 16G, 18G, or 20G wil bolt up

Adam
www.z1auto.com
Old Oct 24, 2002, 12:16 AM

www.forcedperformance.com sells the evo3 manifold... i believe a ported (7cm) manifold is now $293... unported is $190.

Are you looking to turbo a non turbo 4g63? (there is a difference). or what exactly are your plans? if i/we knew a bit more i'm sure we could help you out much better.

RoadRaceMotorsports.com
i believe he meant www.roadraceengineering.com which is a very good site, with lots of good info

Last edited by CooperAWD; Oct 24, 2002 at 12:19 AM.
Old Oct 24, 2002, 12:25 AM

We ofer a stainless/tubular manifold for all gen Evo's..will suit a T/E/L ad GVR4 as well, uses stock turbo flange, so any 14B, 16G, 18G, or 20G wil bolt up
What is the price on the manifold with the td05 (14b) style flange? (didnt see any prices on the site). And do you offer anything with a t25 / t28 style flange that is on the 2nd-gen E/T.

/oops... meant to edit this to my last post... not quote it... oh well