Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

EVO8 Economy Kit.......

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2003, 10:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
EVO8 Economy Kit.......

Here is our idea guys.

There are alot of our muffler delete and axle backs leaving here. The 2.5" material that they are made out of cut the weight substantially, flow really well and keep the noise levels down. From the amount of guys claiming they are loosing 3 psi of boost by adding the deletes and axle backs it must flow even more than I would have thought. The decrease in boost in actually a good thing, it is just backed up exhaust in the engine that you definetely DON'T want. This can be counteracted by putting on a manual boost controller.

Anyway, we want to offer a kit that will put an EVO8 into the high 12's for cheap. This will be something that can be added to the car in a couple of hours and offer great bang for the buck. Everything in the kit will be able to be built upon just like the rest of our Staged upgrades when you want to make even more power. The main savings this kit is going to offer is in the exhaust components.

Here is what the kit will consist of:

Buschur Racing (BR) 2.5" mandrel bent, stainless steel lightweight downpipe. This will bolt to your stock cat, 2.5" offroad pipe or a high flow cat. $250

BR muffler delete pipe. $160 (running this with the stock cat will keep the car quiet, more flow can be had if you use an OFFROAD pipe with this for track use)

BR manual boost controller. $75

BR boost gauge and mounting pod. $85

BR air filter kit. $80

Super AFC w/BR tuning for the Economy Kit. $340

This brings the total to $990.

We will sell this as a COMPLETE package for $950.

The other option will be an offroad pipe which will be for offroad use only and will offer more HP over the stock cat. This is $75.

One other option will be to get the axle back instead of the muffler delete pipe, this will be $260 instead of the $160 adding $100 to the price.

I believe the way to go is to run the stock cat on the street and the muffler delete pipe with the downpipe. At the track swap if you are trying to pick up a little more you can swap in an offroad pipe.

I will be looking for a volunteer to bring his car in and get this all done in the next week or two. I would like to see the guy that gets it done either go to a dyno with the car or run it at the track to verify the gains. Interested? Drop me an e-mail.

Thanks for reading. I hope this sparks some interest from some of you that would really like to start modifying but are on a limited budget.

Take care,

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old Nov 5, 2003, 11:07 AM
MP5
In Timeout

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: EVO8 Economy Kit.......

Originally posted by davidbuschur
Here is our idea guys.

There are alot of our muffler delete and axle backs leaving here. The 2.5" material that they are made out of cut the weight substantially, flow really well and keep the noise levels down. From the amount of guys claiming they are loosing 3 psi of boost by adding the deletes and axle backs it must flow even more than I would have thought. The decrease in boost in actually a good thing, it is just backed up exhaust in the engine that you definetely DON'T want. This can be counteracted by putting on a manual boost controller.

Anyway, we want to offer a kit that will put an EVO8 into the high 12's for cheap. This will be something that can be added to the car in a couple of hours and offer great bang for the buck. Everything in the kit will be able to be built upon just like the rest of our Staged upgrades when you want to make even more power. The main savings this kit is going to offer is in the exhaust components.

Here is what the kit will consist of:

Buschur Racing (BR) 2.5" mandrel bent, stainless steel lightweight downpipe. This will bolt to your stock cat, 2.5" offroad pipe or a high flow cat. $250

BR muffler delete pipe. $160 (running this with the stock cat will keep the car quiet, more flow can be had if you use an OFFROAD pipe with this for track use)

BR manual boost controller. $75

BR boost gauge and mounting pod. $85

BR air filter kit. $80

Super AFC w/BR tuning for the Economy Kit. $340

This brings the total to $990.

We will sell this as a COMPLETE package for $950.

The other option will be an offroad pipe which will be for offroad use only and will offer more HP over the stock cat. This is $75.

One other option will be to get the axle back instead of the muffler delete pipe, this will be $260 instead of the $160 adding $100 to the price.

I believe the way to go is to run the stock cat on the street and the muffler delete pipe with the downpipe. At the track swap if you are trying to pick up a little more you can swap in an offroad pipe.

I will be looking for a volunteer to bring his car in and get this all done in the next week or two. I would like to see the guy that gets it done either go to a dyno with the car or run it at the track to verify the gains. Interested? Drop me an e-mail.

Thanks for reading. I hope this sparks some interest from some of you that would really like to start modifying but are on a limited budget.

Take care,

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Props David!! Guys I have A BR 2.5" Axleback and 2.5" cat delete that I am willing to let go vey cheap as I will be getting a 3" TB. Talk to you soon David
Old Nov 5, 2003, 11:35 AM
Evolved Member

David Buschur lemme get you right, you still suggest the 3" system and this is just a system (total package) that you are putting together for 1k...........but you still reccomend the 3" full TB, correct?
Old Nov 5, 2003, 11:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
what gains are expected from this set up ?? have you tried this already and do you have any dyno sheets?
Old Nov 5, 2003, 11:46 AM
Evolved Member

could we purchase these parts individually?? I already have a boost gauge and pod and all that good stuff.
Old Nov 5, 2003, 11:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Yes, I would still prefer to see a guy put a full 3" system on the car. The reason for this is you won't have to upgrade the system later when you start making big power. Some guys know they only want to run in the 12's and this is going to be enough for that.

You can purchase them individually but the package price won't be in effect. If you bought some of the parts from US already we could still work the package price.

Gains that we are expecting. I think this package on 94 octane at 19-20 psi of boost is going to make close to 300 whp. We have not tested it yet, like I posted I am looking for a volunteer to have it all installed within the next few weeks.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old Nov 5, 2003, 12:08 PM
Evolved Member

David, how is the turbo kit going. when will it be ready to ship.
Old Nov 5, 2003, 12:26 PM
Evolved Member

As a reference, I have the BR 3" TB, MBC, BR Filter, and an emanage (roughly tuned) and ran a 12.94@106.9 with a crappy 1.81 60' time (I suck at the dragstrip) and 19psi. The setup Dave's put together should do 12's with a decent driver (no 2.0+ 60' times). Nice price too. Way to go Dave!

Last edited by 992gnt; Nov 5, 2003 at 12:30 PM.
Old Nov 5, 2003, 02:10 PM
Evolving Member

I think BR is my favorite tuner (and I don't even have my evo, yet!)

Props to you guys!

David, are you working on and how soon do you think you'll have some kind of ECU management to replace the MBC? Will it be a ecu flash or UTEC?

Thanks
Old Nov 5, 2003, 04:53 PM

Brilliant Dave. Keep up the good work! Having proven options is a beautiful thing this day and age.

On a different note, being a DSMer for many years, I find it painful that you have to keep proving yourself on here. The great things you've done with DSMs and for the DSM community for so long are astounding. The shootout is a great example of your commitment to your customers. I've said this in other forums, but your parts and support are second to none. I'm glad you're wrenchin on the EVO!
Old Nov 5, 2003, 05:00 PM
Evolved Member

Happy here with my parts I bought from Buschur...........
Old Nov 5, 2003, 05:22 PM

Sounds like a nice kit.
I would volunteer the car contigent of a few things.
Pump gas in Cali is 91 octane. What would I need to do in between running 91 vs 100 octane? I'm sure we don't one setting for either gas,,

I'd prove the gains on the dyno and more importantly, on the strip.
Old Nov 5, 2003, 07:20 PM
In Timeout

wooo... Girl + Evo = OMG
Old Nov 5, 2003, 07:52 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Damn nice David
Old Nov 5, 2003, 08:20 PM
Evolving Member

Re: EVO8 Economy Kit.......

Originally posted by davidbuschur

<snip>

From the amount of guys claiming they are loosing (sic) 3 psi of boost by adding the deletes and axle backs it must flow even more than I would have thought.

</snip>
David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
So, apparently I wasn't the only one. Your MD pipe is now working great on my car since I added a MBC and had the DynoFlash done.

Quick Reply: EVO8 Economy Kit.......