Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

T3/T4 Bolt-on Turbo Kits

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2003, 05:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
T3/T4 Bolt-on Turbo Kits

Well after reaching the limits of the stock turbo we will be releasing our new Garrett turbo kits very soon.

We acheived 380whp on a AWD dyno down here is San Diego. This was an amzing accomplishment considering we are still using the stock ECU and only a S-AFC for tuning.

We will be going to the dyno this week to see if we can get a little more power out of the stock set up before ditching it for our one of our new bolt-on kits.

We will also be going to the 1/4 this Saturday to see if we can get a high 11 or low 12 out of the car. We will see if it happens. I am just keeping you guys updated on the progress of RnR Racing and what is to come in the very near future.

Our bolt t3/t4 turbo kits for the EVO 8 will be completed and ready to sell to the public within a week or two. We have been building turbo kits for DSM's for a while and our SS equal length manifolds work out really well.

The equal length runners help with spool up and the overall powerband. We also have never had one crack so far because we use 8 gauge SS and expansion slots.

We are going to have 3 different stages 450-680hp and the special thing is that each stage will have the option of going with dual ball bearings.

The dual ball bearing option will be great for those who want to run a big turbo, but don't want to deal with the lag.

We aren't cutting any corners with this kit. You will be getting nothing, but the best from this set up.

T3/T4 Full Garrett Turbo
38mm Tial Exeternal wastegate w/SS Dump tube
SS Equal length manifold
3" SS 02 housing
SS radiator hose
Braided SS oil lines
SS bolts, washers, nuts
SS gaskets for everything
etc, etc, etc

Basically everything you will need to bolt it right on like the factory unit.

Here is a pic of out DSM kit. Our EVO 8 kit will be very similar is design.
Attached Thumbnails T3/T4 Bolt-on Turbo Kits-newman3.jpg  
Old Nov 5, 2003, 05:29 PM
Evolved Member

We also recently released our FMIC kit that supports 650hp and helped us get our 380whp on a AWD dyno. We use a Spearco bar and plate core.

I will try and get some pics up of it very soon. It also uses short routed SS IC piping. We also use nice big beads so you will never blow off an IC connection.
Old Nov 5, 2003, 05:38 PM
Evolving Member

hey...any idea of prices on your turbo kits?
thanks
Old Nov 5, 2003, 05:43 PM
Evolved Member

Yes, the tenative price will be $2795 retail. That is for any of the 3 stages. Ball Bearing will be a little more, but well worth it.

I also forgot to mention that the turbos we will be using will be nothing, but the best. We will be using Precision Turbos which have a great reputation and build some good turbos.

We will also be open to group buys.

Let me know if there are any other questions on the kit or turbos.
Old Nov 5, 2003, 10:06 PM

Will this kit come w/ a new fuel pump, so far if this is a t3/t4 kit thats pretty good pricing.......and damn nice manifold.....
Old Nov 6, 2003, 11:23 AM
Evolved Member

The kit doesn't come with a fuel pump, but you can buy the 255lph from us for $100.

We are really really excited about this kit and everything it will do for the EVO. Just imagine being able to smoke VIPER's and Z06's on the freeway.

That will all be very possible and easy to do with this bolt-on kit.
Old Nov 6, 2003, 11:42 AM

Badass, you guys are in my backyard. Too bad I don't have a evo, have to sell my S4. Are those numbers your big or smaller turbo? Where did you dyno the car?

Sam
Old Nov 6, 2003, 11:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey guys,
Nice turbo kit! I love that manifold. What about heating issues with the manifold and the reast of the engine area? Also, can any engine management be use to support this upgrade? If so what would you recomend?
Old Nov 6, 2003, 11:48 AM
Evolved Member

We are in San Diego so it's great for all the So Cal guys to get it installed. Also we dyno at Pann Auot using the AWD dyno. We used the stock turbo to get those numbers in our profile.

Also check out our web site if you want to check prices.

www.rnrracing.com
Old Nov 6, 2003, 11:52 AM

Originally posted by RnR Racing
We are in San Diego so it's great for all the So Cal guys to get it installed. Also we dyno at Pann Auot using the AWD dyno. We used the stock turbo to get those numbers in our profile.

Also check out our web site if you want to check prices.

www.rnrracing.com
Sweet I love Pann, how's Thomas doing? Bill built my 600HP supra there.

Sam
Old Nov 6, 2003, 11:55 AM
Evolved Member

nice kits.

what kind of lag should we expect with the kits? could you briefly explain the pros/cons of each of the kits you're planning to sell?
Old Nov 6, 2003, 12:58 PM
Evolved Member

With the ball bearing turbos you can expect lag to be very minimal. With out stage 1 you can expect boost to start building very early. Then full boost by 3200-3500rpmwith 500+hp potential.

Also we will give you the option of getting the manifold jet hot coated so there won't be any under hood temp problems. Also if you really want to cover up the sweet looking manifold then we can make you a SS heat shield to cover it up.

Some people might want a stock looking set up with a regualr looking cast manifold and normal parts. Some people like the look of all the custom work. All SS and bling bling while still making tons of power.

Some people want there car to stand our form the rest of the stock looking EVO's. The cars with kit with make tons of power and look awesome when you pop the hood and everyone hovers over it.

It's all about personal perference in this case.
Old Nov 8, 2003, 09:41 AM

what is used in your stage2 kit? race gas included I would imagine for that high of a number on the stocker.
Old Nov 8, 2003, 09:45 AM
Evolved Member

Yes, we used race gas to get that number on a AWD dyno.

We just dynoed one last time and got 390whp. We are going to the track today to see what it will do. We did 390whp with the AC on. We didn't realize it unitl we pulled the car off the dyno.

390whp, not bad for a daily driver 4 door with the AC going.
Old Nov 8, 2003, 10:01 AM
Evolving Member

Nice.

How is lag and when do you get full boost?

Any downsides to sticking with the AFC this long? (I come from the wrx world where we could never do this)

Quick Reply: T3/T4 Bolt-on Turbo Kits