Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Evo won't start...found on road dead!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2010, 09:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Evoryder
Hate to say I told you so. "I told you so"

P0335 - Crankshaft Position Sensor ”A” Circuit Malfunction
P0113 - Intake Air Temperature Circuit High Input

This is me 2 years ago same problem and my solution: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...0335-code.html
Daayyyum brother, you were right! I have no problem owning a mistake. I don't mind the "I told you so". I'm secure enough with myself. I'm getting it towed to the bay area this week. If you are ever in California, or I ever make it to Florida, first round is on me... Thanks for everything, folks. -stuie
Old Mar 31, 2010, 02:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I told you if it was a crank sensor, the code would be there

at least the part is cheap, the labor sucks though, It took probably 3 or 4 hrs to do mine each time
Old Apr 2, 2010, 04:09 PM

Bigric, you were right! Maybe the first scanner I used was just a piece of stuff. 90 bucks for the part ain't too bad, but yes the labor is going to be murder. Since I am there, I'm just going to do the timing belt, balancer belt and water pump again. Might as well, I'm already that deep into it and I'm about halfway through the life of my Greddy belt anyway. Thanks! -stuie
Old Apr 2, 2010, 05:33 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 911_Evo
Bigric, you were right! Maybe the first scanner I used was just a piece of stuff. 90 bucks for the part ain't too bad, but yes the labor is going to be murder. Since I am there, I'm just going to do the timing belt, balancer belt and water pump again. Might as well, I'm already that deep into it and I'm about halfway through the life of my Greddy belt anyway. Thanks! -stuie
Having done this myself a FYI is you'll have to undo the bolts holding up the steering pump and move it out of the way to get to the wire. Mine failed becuase i didn't properly torque the main crank bolt and the pulley got loose, the metal timing plate eventually just wore the sensor down and the car died just as yours did on the road.

Double check that main bolt, if your able to undo it by hand without using the jack stand trick I think you found your issue
Old Apr 2, 2010, 07:34 PM

Spike, thanks for the advice, but this one is way over my head. I'm just going to take it to Full Function in Union City and have them do the work. What color is your RS? Maybe I have seen you as Sac Raceway? -stuie
Old Apr 2, 2010, 10:50 PM
Evolved Member

Spike, thanks for the advice, but this one is way over my head. I'm just going to take it to Full Function in Union City and have them do the work. What color is your RS? Maybe I have seen you as Sac Raceway? -stuie
I've never taken her to the track so i doubt you've seen me

I'm in the placer county area anyways, white RS with cobb exhaust which usually drives like grandma lol
Old Apr 3, 2010, 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by RoadSpike
I'm in the placer county area anyways, white RS with cobb exhaust which usually drives like grandma lol

Coincidentally, I am frequently in placer county as well, usually near Cameron Park area, Bass Lake Rd and Forni. I'll keep an eye out for a white RS. If you see a Red 8 with firefighter license plates, stop me and say hey!
Old Apr 3, 2010, 08:48 PM
Evolved Member

Coincidentally, I am frequently in placer county as well, usually near Cameron Park area, Bass Lake Rd and Forni. I'll keep an eye out for a white RS. If you see a Red 8 with firefighter license plates, stop me and say hey!
Awesome you'll see me on Cameron park drive a lot since i work near the upqua bank.
Old Apr 4, 2010, 10:50 AM
Evolving Member

ya CAS is a ***** , they never show signs of going out and usually dont throw codes on most cars at all. At least you know the problem.
Old May 10, 2010, 01:39 PM

Sooo, today my friendly local Mitsu dealer tears apart my beloved 4G. ( yeah, I know it's been a while...I blame obama for my money difficulties ). Anywho, he calls and informs me that he found the cause of the sensor failure. Apparently the balancer belt snapped, took out the sensor, AND the autotensioner. While he was there, he found 3 main seal leaks. Yay. He said "it is our opinion that the balancer belt is ORIGINAL", not merely an oem replacement. Hmmmm, any amateur lawyers wanna come play? lol A 50 dollar part just caused 1300! FML. Oh well, at least she will be running soon! -stuie