Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Dual Fuel Pump Setups!?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2010, 07:23 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have made of a few intank double pumper setups, and its a major pain in the ***. The price all the other companys charge is not that bad.

Fathouse
Old Apr 17, 2010, 10:26 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by icantdrive75
It could be argued the blaqops is a better kit than the buschur thanks to the progressive control of the second fuel pump opposed to the instant on hobbes switch.
yes maybe your right, but is the progressive controller easy to setup or when u get it is it gonna be a nightmare trying to find someone to set it up
Old Apr 17, 2010, 10:39 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Nomad4g63
yes maybe your right, but is the progressive controller easy to setup or when u get it is it gonna be a nightmare trying to find someone to set it up
I've not installed the kit yet so I can't speak for ease of use, but I've used similar meth injection controllers before, and those kits are deceptively easy to use. Just two settings, where do you wanna start and where do you wanna stop? If you can set up a hobbs switch you can set this up.
Old Apr 17, 2010, 04:01 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Nomad4g63
just get the one that is activated by boost. very easy install.
Old Apr 17, 2010, 08:10 PM
Evolving Member

Anyone have a picture or link to the Blaqops double pumper?
Old Apr 17, 2010, 08:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
google is your friend:

http://www.blaqops.com/products/evoix.html
Old Apr 17, 2010, 09:22 PM
Evolved Member

It just seems it would be so much easier to tune if they were both on all the time
Old Apr 17, 2010, 09:25 PM
Evolving Member

Bryan of GST's review of the double pumper can be found right here.
Old Apr 17, 2010, 10:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I can see the advantage of a progressive double pumper setup particularly on an E-85 car as you might need the 2nd pump to activate under certain part throttle scenarios. But, on pump gas and given a stock motored, stock framed turbo car, it might just be overkill.
Old Apr 17, 2010, 10:04 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 3gEclipseTurbo
It just seems it would be so much easier to tune if they were both on all the time
You can do it, but you'll get uncontrollable pressure at idle without drilling out a retrictor per Ted B's instructions, and getting an aftermarket FPR.

Originally Posted by sparky
I can see the advantage of a progressive double pumper setup particularly on an E-85 car as you might need the 2nd pump to activate under certain part throttle scenarios. But, on pump gas and given a stock motored, stock framed turbo car, it might just be overkill.
If you wanted to uncomplicate it you can turn it into a hobbs switch. Just set your start and end boost at the same level on the controller. Then when you hit that level you have instant 100% pump, and you still save over any other kits. Plus you always have that option to use the progressive controller as it was intended later on down the road if you change your mind, or decide to have your car professionally tuned by someone who can use the kits potential.

P.S. I still have an XEDE on my car too, funny stuff. I feel like my car is using trapper keepers and slap bracelets everytime I see it. I'm getting rid of it as soon as it's back together.

Last edited by icantdrive75; Apr 17, 2010 at 10:46 PM.
Old Apr 17, 2010, 10:47 PM
Evolved Member

You can do it, but you'll get uncontrollable pressure at idle without drilling out a retrictor per Ted B's instructions, and getting an aftermarket FPR.....
Did TedB have to go to a larger diameter fuel return line as well?
Old Apr 17, 2010, 10:58 PM
Evolved Member

...P.S. I still have an XEDE on my car too, funny stuff. I feel like my car is using trapper keepers and slap bracelets everytime I see it. I'm getting rid of it as soon as it's back together.
And I thought that I was the only neandrethal. LOL. Misery loves company.
Old Apr 17, 2010, 11:06 PM
Evolving Member

Did TedB have to go to a larger diameter fuel return line as well?
He did, -6AN.

Thread is https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...ould-know.html
Old Apr 17, 2010, 11:10 PM
Evolved Member

I can see the tuning advantages of a progressively activated second pump, as opposed to a Hobbes activated, on/off switch, in the hands of a talented tuner like Bryan. I have no argument there actually.

Parenthetically, If I lived in the States then I would have Bryan tune my Evo exclusively. That dude knows his sh**tzky. So, if he likes the progressively introduced secondary pump...then it must have its advantages.

However, having said that, I personally prefer a Hobbes activated secondary pump over a full time on double pumper such as the FullBlown setup. This is inspite of TedB's preferences.

Granted, that it is just my opinion, but I have run a couple staged double pumpers in the past and they are relatively simple to setup and there is no excess fuel volume to deal with under part throttle/low boost scenarios. Thus, there is no need for a larger diameter fuel return line or drilling out restrictor orifices

Last edited by sparky; Apr 17, 2010 at 11:57 PM.
Old Apr 18, 2010, 12:03 AM
Evolving Member

I can see the tuning advantages of a progressively activated second pump, as opposed to a Hobbes activated, on/off switch, in the hands of a talented tuner like Bryan. I have no argument there actually.

Parenthetically, If I lived in the States then I would have Bryan tune my Evo exclusively. That dude knows his sh**tzky. So, if he likes the progressively introduced secondary pump...then it must have its advantages.

However, having said that, I personally prefer a Hobbes activated secondary pump over a full time on double pumper such as the FullBlown setup. This is inspite of TedB's preferences.

Granted, that it is just my opinion, but I have run a couple staged double pumpers in the past and they are relatively simple to setup and there is no excess fuel volume to deal with at part throttle/low boost scenarios. Thus, there is no need for a larger diameter fuel return line or other devices.
The larger return line is a product of running both pumps full time, not the progressive system. As for part throttle/low boost, your standard 255lph pump handles cars with 30+lbs of boost. You don't have to trigger the pump anywhere near low boost settings. If you have it set to come on at 5psi then it'll be clicking on and off as you tackle traffic, but set it for 15 and it only comes on when you need it.

There is no additional need for extra equipment other than the progressive controller itself. It can be as simple as a hobbs switch if you so choose and be identical to the other double pumpers, but at a better price point.

Quick Reply: Dual Fuel Pump Setups!?