Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

broken T case

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2010, 01:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
broken T case

hello guys,

broke my JDM evo 9 mr t-case a few days ago while on a drag event, (it was kinda my fault really coz i rev'd the engin till 8500RPM and bandaged the clutch with is EXEDY twin plate ) , SO now
i have replaced the t case with a 03 JDM evo 8 GSR t-case (which was THE only replacement available)with is working fine, with it also replace the t case oil with brand new lsd oil,

can any body plz advise me that will replacing the oem LSD with the Quaife LSD in the transfer case cure the brackage problem on drags ?
my car is only 6000KM driven and already its t-case is broken with its 1st drag...

Last edited by CrashD; Apr 30, 2010 at 01:57 AM.
Old Apr 30, 2010, 06:31 AM

Anybody??
Old Apr 30, 2010, 06:42 AM
Evolving Member

Any Stock T-case will blow when you drop the clutch at 8500rpm . No using Quaife fluid will not remedy this abuse/launch style. You best bet IF you wanna keep launching like that is to get a built t-case ie: TRE, Shep....or Jacks Transmissions .

Good Luck
Old Apr 30, 2010, 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by BoostINurI
Any Stock T-case will blow when you drop the clutch at 8500rpm . No using Quaife fluid will not remedy this abuse/launch style. You best bet IF you wanna keep launching like that is to get a built t-case ie: TRE, Shep....or Jacks Transmissions .

Good Luck
In not talking abt Quaife fluids I'm thinking of replacing my oem tc LSD with a Quaife LSD which is the same they put in there stage 3 tc's.... Will that take the amount of launch????
Old Apr 30, 2010, 08:03 AM
Former Sponsor

The Quaife is a lot stronger . Also switching to larger bolts or studs on the case help out alot with case deflection.
Old Apr 30, 2010, 08:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
its usually the way you launch the car. this is not a honda that you could simply drop the clutch. you have to slip it a bit until u feel it bite then you let it off. if you plan on launching the car a lot then you might as well get your tc rebuilt and upgraded.
Old Apr 30, 2010, 08:24 AM

Well I wish I could have my tc built but here in pakistan we have no place to do that so I have to send or buy a built tc. From usa which to reach me will cost twice its price... Coz of customs and shipping , so what I think it is better to built my own tc I.e replacing the oem LSD with quaife LSD , bolts seals etc...

Would that help me in launching???
Old Apr 30, 2010, 11:50 AM

??
Old Apr 30, 2010, 12:27 PM

From searches on the forum, I have read that it doesn't matter what LSD you use, if you launch wrong they will eventually break, however the Quaife is supposed to be more durable and I'm sure proper shimming and 10mm bolts help too.

My TC went on my car and I have NEVER lauched the car. So my opinion would be to certainly go with a Shep Stage 3 TC (if you have the time and $$)
Old Apr 30, 2010, 02:33 PM

03 tranfer cases are rock solid, use that as your base if your drag racing, no ACD
Old Apr 30, 2010, 02:51 PM
Evolving Member

my suggestion would be to stop launching at 8500rpm.