Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Autronic PnP Evo VIII Board

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2003, 11:27 AM
In Timeout

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
100%IDC is STUPID and asking for trouble. Over 90% they start having problems. You are right most DSM's just have to be fast for 1320. I would hate to see them with a 2 hour lapping at a track, 99% would be blown up on the side of the road.

Originally posted by MP5
See I think I finally figured this out DSMers dont want a fast car with the right components on it all the time. They want a "capable car" One that is normal day to day but then lean it out to 12.4 to 1 on c-16 and 100% IDC after all its just gotta hold together for 1320 feet. I dont get it I want a car that is in the same state of tune for daily running the friends and track days (100 ) octane to be safe of course but I dont get it not till I bought a mitsu did anyone I knew avoided 100% IDC at all costs

Old Nov 11, 2003, 11:39 AM
In Timeout

For some strange reason...I get the feeling...
THEY KNOW WHAT THEIR DOING.

You don't race your car for "safety" for you or your car.
Old Nov 11, 2003, 11:47 AM
MP5
In Timeout

Originally posted by 5StarSuzuki
For some strange reason...I get the feeling...
THEY KNOW WHAT THEIR DOING.

You don't race your car for "safety" for you or your car.
Yes Im not an idiot either I know that static injectors is dirty tuning all the way to the ragged edge in a street car for what?? You dont have a Viper killer on your hands you have a car that can run the ragged edge for 12 seconds then is detunned to a 13 second car. so I guess its fun to milk the last drop out of it once a week at the track then limp around town in normal tune.
Old Nov 11, 2003, 11:57 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by MP5
...I guess its fun to milk the last drop out of it once a week at the track then limp around town in normal tune...
And what's wrong with that, if that is what you want? I do not think too many people are looking to do 12's streetlight to streetlight? Or may be you do Besides, I would not exactly call normal tune a limp-around mode
Old Nov 11, 2003, 12:02 PM
In Timeout

Thats the point of going to the track! The pavement is perfect, conditions controlled. One of the advantages of having an AWD, is that on the street an 11 second Mustang(with slicks) is a 13 second car.
Old Nov 11, 2003, 12:06 PM
MP5
In Timeout

Originally posted by 5StarSuzuki
Thats the point of going to the track! The pavement is perfect, conditions controlled. One of the advantages of having an AWD, is that on the street an 11 second Mustang(with slicks) is a 13 second car.
Um yea I want a 110+ trapping daily driver. Its a little more expensive to do but my wrx was a high 12 second car every day of the weeK at 85% IDC with a much inferior engine. BTW I dont want to drag race light to light I want the power associated with a properly set up car day to day. AWD cars dont have the problems RWD cars do on the street
Old Nov 11, 2003, 12:16 PM
ak1

See I think I finally figured this out DSMers dont want a fast car with the right components on it all the time. They want a "capable car" One that is normal day to day but then lean it out to 12.4 to 1 on c-16 and 100% IDC after all its just gotta hold together for 1320 feet. I dont get it I want a car that is in the same state of tune for daily running the friends and track days (100 ) octane to be safe of course but I dont get it not till I bought a mitsu did anyone I knew avoided 100% IDC at all costs
Maybe I misunderstood, but I think you don't see our point in doing this.

We obviously know that 100% IDC is not safe.

I drive this car everyday and hence, we are building our whole fuel system for it plus a new turbo kit, intercooler etc. We have had a set of 1000cc injectors, fuel rail, fpr, pump, sitting here but we wanted a baseline starting point.

The point was, to get some ET times before we did all these modifications. So, next we will post our results with all these upgrades. Very simple.

Sorry if I misunderstood you.

Either way, if anybody happens to be in the KY region and would like to come check out our 20,000sq. ft. facility, we are having a couple of Evo's over this Friday, 14th and a bunch of WRX's on Thurs. 20th on our dyno. Thanks.
Old Nov 11, 2003, 05:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by ak1
http://www.dsmtimes.org/evo.htm
7th with pretty much stock components.

Correct, we use C16 at the strip. In fact, we are distributors of VP Racing Fuels so we don't ever leave for the track without tons of C16.

However, do understand that we are still only running 21 psi and an A/F ratio of 12.1-12.4 on our Motec Lambda meter. On boost it has never gone higher than 12.4 at 21 psi. Injector duty cycle is maxed out at 95-100%.

We are not stopping here, it was just a test to prove that tuning was key in getting those ET's. This month, we will be putting on our T3/T4 turbo kit, bigger intercooler & piping, fuel system, internals and we are shooting for low 11's without nitrous.

We have 3 basic maps developed for the Evo VIII,
(WHP numbers taken on our Mustang-500-AWD Dynamometer)our stock map took our stock Evo from 206whp to 248whp with just tuning and keeping everything including boost, timing and A/F ratios very safe. This is on pump gas.

Stay posted for new dyno numbers and track times (if it doesn't get too cold ) once we get our turbo, fuel system, internals, etc.

Drive safely!
can you guys help me with the battery voltage / misfire problem I am having - my board only reads 10.02 volts - even though my car has 12.4 volts at the ecu harness

Everytime I hit any turn signal or other electrical device I get a sync code and it goes into limp mode

Any thoughts?
Old Nov 11, 2003, 05:34 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by ak1

Either way, if anybody happens to be in the KY region and would like to come check out our 20,000sq. ft. facility, we are having a couple of Evo's over this Friday, 14th and a bunch of WRX's on Thurs. 20th on our dyno. Thanks.
Hmmm, I might have to swing down there. I've been looking for a good excuse.
Old Nov 11, 2003, 06:56 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by Alfriedesq
can you guys help me with the battery voltage / misfire problem I am having - my board only reads 10.02 volts - even though my car has 12.4 volts at the ecu harness

Everytime I hit any turn signal or other electrical device I get a sync code and it goes into limp mode

Any thoughts?
Interesting, I need to check out my voltage. I am getting a continuous misfiring code(00304) even with new coilpacks from the dealer, and a swapping for fresh plugs.

Ken
Old Nov 11, 2003, 06:58 PM
MP5
In Timeout

Originally posted by Illrunya

Interesting, I need to check out my voltage. I am getting a continuous misfiring code(00304) even with new coilpacks from the dealer, and a swapping for fresh plugs.

Ken
Are these production boards or pre? If voltage is 10 something check to see if the components are out of the ordinary hot
Old Nov 11, 2003, 07:17 PM
Account Disabled

Ken
This is bad news man

When you get that code does the car go into a limp mode of some sort till you turn it off and restart it ?
Old Nov 11, 2003, 07:18 PM
Account Disabled

Ken
the batt volatge is on the main monitor page
Old Nov 11, 2003, 08:16 PM
ak1

Very odd, I have not seen any of these problems before, but I will do this tomorrow; I will check with Steve @ Aussie Imports to see if he or Ray Hall have similar issues.

I believe he could still be in FL. Either way, I have always had excellent tech. support and help from Steve so I'm sure he will handle this appropriately. Thanks.

Oh and I've added some video files of the Evo runs and our 9.55 second Conquest running Autronic as well (Drag Racing Forum). Our 1G GSX with Autronic runs 10's as well but he broke it on the run against me unfortunately.

Last edited by ak1; Nov 11, 2003 at 08:19 PM.
Old Nov 11, 2003, 08:29 PM
Account Disabled

Originally posted by ak1
Very odd, I have not seen any of these problems before, but I will do this tomorrow; I will check with Steve @ Aussie Imports to see if he or Ray Hall have similar issues.

I believe he could still be in FL. Either way, I have always had excellent tech. support and help from Steve so I'm sure he will handle this appropriately. Thanks.

Oh and I've added some video files of the Evo runs and our 9.55 second Conquest running Autronic as well (Drag Racing Forum). Our 1G GSX with Autronic runs 10's as well but he broke it on the run against me unfortunately.
It is a fantastic ecu for drag racing purposes - it makes some real crazy power gains and is very easy to tune

ONLY issues I have left is the battery voltage issue and hooking up my motec wideband so i can log on the board - did you do that with yours ?

Quick Reply: Autronic PnP Evo VIII Board