Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Evo IX with FP HTA Green and GSC S2s on E85 Numbers and Video inside

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2010, 10:55 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evo IX with FP HTA Green and GSC S2s on E85 Numbers and Video inside

Over a month ago I placed an order for a BBK Full with John@Perrin Performance. When I ordered it he had no Idea they were on backorder. First it was supposed to be about 2 weeks, but it soon turned into 3+ weeks. I didn't have the time to wait as I had made previous committments.

Having experience with both the BBK and HTA Green I asked Mike @ AWDMotorsports what he would do if he was in my situation. Here is what he said, Cancel the BBK 100%.. The HTA green is where its at.. it spools IDENTICAL to stock Ix turbo and its way easier to hit 10s in the 1/4. For your goals you dont need laggier red or black.. Trust me on this.. Go GREEN!!

Mike is by far the most helpful Vendor on here hands down.

I received the HTA Green 2 days later and put it on.

Last Friday I received an awesome tune from Shane@DB Performance on a Dyno Dynamics. Final Numbers were 431whp/392wtrq on E70 when we ran out of fuel. Dynojet numbers should be just above 500whp. Boost hit 31psi and tapered down to 25. My scanner is inop. but graphs will be posted soon in the Dyno section. This car is an absolute blast to drive!!!

Fp HTA Green turbo
Fp intake with HKS filter
GSC S2 cams and Beehive Springs
Mil.Spec 65mm TB
Ported and Coated Intake Manifold
Turbo XS Front Mount
SpoolinUP COP
Buschur Exhaust
MAP O2 Dump
PTE 1000cc injectors
Single Walbro
ETS LICP
Fujita UICP
Stock IX crushed BOV

Quick walkaround of the car:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msFRDWAVv5w

The Video is one of the final runs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tb01xmgu4CM

Last edited by Saleentones; May 5, 2010 at 10:57 AM.
Old May 5, 2010, 11:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
congrats! Nice powa! Interested in seein the graph. Im starting to like what I see and hear w/ this turbo!
Old May 5, 2010, 01:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
That is awesome. I will have almost exactly the same mods as you but my BBK is already here.
Old May 5, 2010, 01:18 PM
Evolving Member

Glad to see the resultss Im sure you are happy with the car, remember what we talked about get a different BOV cause I'm pretty sure the stock one is leaking.
Old May 5, 2010, 01:43 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by dmoevo
Glad to see the resultss Im sure you are happy with the car, remember what we talked about get a different BOV cause I'm pretty sure the stock one is leaking.
I will upgrade to a Tial and Speed Density some day, but for now the power level is just perfect. I need to stop thiking about mods and just enjoy the car
Old May 5, 2010, 01:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice numbers man! Can't wait to see your graph. The stock-framed FP turbos are hard to beat. I LOVE my FP Black. Best decision i ever made. I bet your FP Green HTA73 is a beast on the streets.

Congrats!
Old May 5, 2010, 05:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Congrats on your numbers but specially congrats to Mike for the great recommendation. Thanks Mike, you make a lot of sense.

Carlos
Old May 5, 2010, 09:01 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Congrats on the numbers! Must be a blast to drive. Love the car though man! I also have an EB SSL IX
Old May 5, 2010, 10:15 PM
Former Sponsor

just saw this post.. Thanks for the GREAT review buddy.. I try to always steer my customers straight.. I dont like to get a PM that says " what you told me to buy doesnt work like you said ".. Its not how i like to do business.. This HTA GREEN is wicked man.. You can not notice any loss of spool driving it..

Also, stay tuned because in a few weeks Ill have a BBK full + FP Green HTA to test on the same car, same day, same AFR, Same boost, BACK TO BACK.. We will see how they both perform..

Mike
Old May 5, 2010, 10:16 PM
Former Sponsor

Also, notice how nice the S2 cams compliment this power band.. So far I LOVE the S2 on the IX..
Old May 5, 2010, 10:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Mike@AwdMotorsports
just saw this post.. Thanks for the GREAT review buddy.. I try to always steer my customers straight.. I dont like to get a PM that says " what you told me to buy doesnt work like you said ".. Its not how i like to do business.. This HTA GREEN is wicked man.. You can not notice any loss of spool driving it..

Also, stay tuned because in a few weeks Ill have a BBK full + FP Green HTA to test on the same car, same day, same AFR, Same boost, BACK TO BACK.. We will see how they both perform..

Mike
I am VERY interested in this test...I have yet to see any conclusive data on this outcome. Although I feel what it will be I think it should be a very close test. Any idea of the fuel thats going to be used?

Edit: Btw what exhaust is being used here? Fits really nice with the JDM bumper...looks like a Buschur but most don't seem to fit that closely that I have seen.

Last edited by dbsears; May 5, 2010 at 10:19 PM.
Old May 5, 2010, 10:18 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by dbsears
I am VERY interested in this test...I have yet to see any conclusive data on this outcome. Although I feel what it will be I think it should be a very close test. Any idea of the fuel thats going to be used?
Fuel will be E85..

Mike
Old May 5, 2010, 10:25 PM
Evolved Member

Mike- do you have a comparison between the stock IX cams vs S2?
Old May 5, 2010, 10:32 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Mike@AwdMotorsports

Mike
Epic.....
Old May 5, 2010, 10:32 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by awddyno
Mike- do you have a comparison between the stock IX cams vs S2?
I will need to look thru some of our threads to find but yes we have some.. the only issue is trying to remember which car we did that was cams only not 20 parts including cams..

Mike

Quick Reply: Evo IX with FP HTA Green and GSC S2s on E85 Numbers and Video inside