Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Mikey's LR2.4 MIVEC 10:1 Motor Build

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2010 | 10:14 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by JohnBradley
It doesnt start hurting until the 60' get down around 1.33 or so...1000whp or so.

I priced a COMPLETE build like Mikeys from start to finish and I think we are really close to 15 or 16k and when I say complete I mean complete. It assumes you have most of the normal bolt ons (exhaust, intercooler) but really covers alot of the major stuff most people wont have.

aaron
I will never know that feeling because I'm sure I will never own or ride in a 1000hp evo.

That is a lot of money, and I def feel like I have paid that much over the past two years. I am an exception to most. I really have almost EVERY mod possible. My car is set up like a shop car and most normal people wont have a build like mine. I am a bit over the top with this.

I have no one to thank more than ER (Aaron) and R/TErnie (Eric). You guys have really helped me to be above the rest

Mikey
Old Jun 3, 2010 | 10:18 AM
Evolved Member

Spending $ on the Evo is the easy part, it's explaining it to the woman that's the hard part Can't wait to see ur dyno sheets Mikey.
Old Jun 3, 2010 | 10:21 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by BLKCarbonEVO
I will never know that feeling because I'm sure I will never own or ride in a 1000hp evo.

That is a lot of money, and I def feel like I have paid that much over the past two years. I am an exception to most. I really have almost EVERY mod possible. My car is set up like a shop car and most normal people wont have a build like mine. I am a bit over the top with this.

I have no one to thank more than ER (Aaron) and R/TErnie (Eric). You guys have really helped me to be above the rest

Mikey
I don't know bro I think I might be nipping at your heels lol
Old Jun 3, 2010 | 10:24 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RockmanX
i have 2 twins reg and carbon i was swapping to install carbon version so maybe ill keep my other twin and send it in to get upgraded to a triple then . how do i go about doing that exactly?
Well you don't send it out, they send you the upgrade kit... Then you just replace all the twin componients with the triples. It is fairly easy.

Originally Posted by boostedwrx
Spending $ on the Evo is the easy part, it's explaining it to the woman that's the hard part Can't wait to see ur dyno sheets Mikey.
Ya, no ****! My fiance hates it but I told her if she didn't like it, she could leave! I'm really excited to see my dyno on tuesday. It won't be maxed out on Tuesday. I know the number in my head that we should hit but the big dyno will the the last week in June I'll be sure to post up the dyno tuesday before I leave ER.

Mikey
Old Jun 3, 2010 | 10:26 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by wreckless969
I don't know bro I think I might be nipping at your heels lol
I hope you do! I think if you are going to do it, do it right and don't look back. That is the way I look at it Good luck and if you have any questions let me know. I will be writing a huge post after driving the car for a month just to add my 2cent review of how I like the motor and combo.

Mikey
Old Jun 3, 2010 | 10:29 AM
Evolved Member

I hope you do! I think if you are going to do it, do it right and don't look back. That is the way I look at it Good luck and if you have any questions let me know. I will be writing a huge post after driving the car for a month just to add my 2cent review of how I like the motor and combo.

Mikey
I really like the idea of the LR2.4 and when my 2.3 is ready to be replaced or when I'm ready for more power (More power will come first I'm sure) Ill either go LR2.4 or to a 2.5 (Maybe 2.6) set up.

That should be pretty interesting...but I need to come down one build at a time Josh 1 build at a time lol
Old Jun 3, 2010 | 01:15 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by wreckless969
I really like the idea of the LR2.4 and when my 2.3 is ready to be replaced or when I'm ready for more power (More power will come first I'm sure) Ill either go LR2.4 or to a 2.5 (Maybe 2.6) set up.

That should be pretty interesting...but I need to come down one build at a time Josh 1 build at a time lol
should have just got a 2.4 from jump street . how much power are you shooting for? there is a guy selling a hta green now. i was wondering what if you could net 550/550 i know the power will not hang long but thats some chest hurting tq right there. might be a thrill ride.

Mikey
already giving your victory speech and dont even have the keys yet guezz slowdown a bit enjoy the moment
Old Jun 3, 2010 | 02:35 PM
Evolved Member

Enjoy what? spending money and not having my car at the moment? lol

Green would be nice on a 2.4 but the Black will give you much more tq. Hell I think Mike had 660 or something. f'ing crazy!!!

Mikey
Old Jun 3, 2010 | 02:49 PM
Evolved Member

Enjoy what? spending money and not having my car at the moment? lol

Green would be nice on a 2.4 but the Black will give you much more tq. Hell I think Mike had 660 or something. f'ing crazy!!!

Mikey
Mikey if your not spending money then i know your not happy. Yea more tq so it punishes your chest lol i just want the passager to have the oh **** feeling
Old Jun 3, 2010 | 06:30 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RockmanX
Mikey if your not spending money then i know your not happy. Yea more tq so it punishes your chest lol i just want the passager to have the oh **** feeling
You are right... I do like to spend money, mainly because I like to have nice things!

Mikey
Old Jun 3, 2010 | 06:57 PM
Former Sponsor

and Rock likes spending $ cause hes a show off.. his final outcome will back that up for me LOL. but id be doing what he is also if i was building a show car.
Old Jun 3, 2010 | 06:59 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by tscompusa
and Rock likes spending $ cause hes a show off.. his final outcome will back that up for me LOL. but id be doing what he is also if i was building a show car.
Hey I can't remember if I ever saw your dyno or not. Could you send it to me? Thanks bud.

Mikey
Old Jun 3, 2010 | 07:06 PM
Former Sponsor

I have vdr stuff i can send via pm. im gonna tweak it more on the street then head over to cbrd with Kreionic and we are gonna finish it up there.
Old Jun 3, 2010 | 07:14 PM
Evolved Member

660 tq would break my neck and back. im aiming for 550 on pump 29 psi mustang dyno. but itll take some time before i can complete this build. probably early fall. all this for 1 feeling. the feeling of pulling next to some fool in a sti or mazda 3 and as i just drive 40 mph he tries to race, i simply down shift and go to 65. thats it. that 1 moment of pulling away with ease. my dream is to do it to a gtr or sti owner/ new m3 owner etc. will the back 2.4 pump do this or do i have to go hta3586 twinscroll to ensure success? this is not "street racing" but more of just "pulling away" just 30 - 70 even on a highway legal speed. and to turn my stomach like a roller coaster ride. 500tq should do that easily.
Old Jun 3, 2010 | 07:20 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Broham
660 tq would break my neck and back. im aiming for 550 on pump 29 psi mustang dyno. but itll take some time before i can complete this build. probably early fall. all this for 1 feeling. the feeling of pulling next to some fool in a sti or mazda 3 and as i just drive 40 mph he tries to race, i simply down shift and go to 65. thats it. that 1 moment of pulling away with ease. my dream is to do it to a gtr or sti owner/ new m3 owner etc. will the back 2.4 pump do this or do i have to go hta3586 twinscroll to ensure success? this is not "street racing" but more of just "pulling away" just 30 - 70 even on a highway legal speed. and to turn my stomach like a roller coaster ride. 500tq should do that easily.
500tq feels good, but you would be surprised how fast your body adjust to it... it doesnt feel all that fast after about 50 pulls. the best feeling i experienced so far was on the interstate, just riding like 4th gear out alittle really lets you respect and appreciate the capabilities of your car.. the bigger turbos really pull forever and never give up, its a great feeling. not to say im a fan of speeding though, its just where i had the most fun in my car. spinning tires gets old quick.

Quick Reply: Mikey's LR2.4 MIVEC 10:1 Motor Build