Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Mikey's LR2.4 MIVEC 10:1 Motor Build

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2010 | 09:45 PM
Evolved Member

This was a safe tune, right? As it should be able to take more than 33# at 14* on E-85 with the Black....or not? Sorry for threadjacking, Mikey!
Old Jun 3, 2010 | 09:47 PM
Evolved Member

lol me and mikey are the same love for thread to go off topic new information can be learned that way besides no updates to his whip anywho Sparky you never said anything in my thread you take alook
Old Jun 3, 2010 | 09:50 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by sparky
I like your self tuned numbers tscompusa. What RPM was the peak DLL torque achieved at?
ill just post the graph cause the pull was started at 3k, the graph shows how fast it spools tho. a 2.4 will be even faster then this if you can imagine that. thats why i laughed when mikey said he was using 225 tires, its going to be like FWD with e85 spool with a 2.4.

the torque curve will flatten out more once i fix timing and prob about 80whp more uptop with more timing.
Old Jun 3, 2010 | 09:52 PM
Evolved Member

I like this thread, but, I have to find a brew with a higher alc. %. 5.0% is a dilute blend.
Here you are being an alky again. I'm going to send you an AA pamphlet!

Originally Posted by tscompusa
chances are its right dude. you cant change the setup and not tune it and expect it to make more power. just go do another 3rd gear pull and report the graph back. The OP dont give a ****, im sure hes interested in what it does at 25lbs.
I don't give a ****! I am interested it what the car is truly making. I have not seen very many 750r powered cars. I agree, you need to go do a 3rd gear run and post your graph. You should also send tscomp your logs if he doesn't mind looking over them for you. It is very possible for you to make less hp if your car in not tuned. Tuning is the difference between night and day!

This was a safe tune, right? As it should be able to take more than 33# at 14* on E-85 with the Black....or not? Sorry for threadjacking, Mikey!
no jacking here! Yes, he could do more and will be shortly. I'll sure he will explains so I won't take his cookies from him. btw my car will be on the dyno on Tuesday! I am beyond excited! How is your Red coming?

Mikey
Old Jun 3, 2010 | 09:52 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RockmanX
should have just got a 2.4 from jump street . how much power are you shooting for? there is a guy selling a hta green now. i was wondering what if you could net 550/550 i know the power will not hang long but thats some chest hurting tq right there. might be a thrill ride
Looking for about 500/500, I based my build of Project white since I want a car that's a great DD but can throw down a good time on the 1/4mi and I want to be able to AutoX with it in the SCCA events around my area when I get back to the states.
Old Jun 3, 2010 | 09:54 PM
Evolved Member

i debated between the ams kits a lot. they are great just out of my price point. so what will really give ur neck and stomach problems during a pool? the black in 3rd roll to redline? the hta3586 once it hits? that is too much lag i think.
Old Jun 3, 2010 | 09:54 PM
Evolved Member

lol me and mikey are the same love for thread to go off topic new information can be learned that way besides no updates to his whip anywho Sparky you never said anything in my thread you take alook
Hey, there are updates! I'm sure sparky doesn't give a rats *** about your closet remote control car!

Mikey
Old Jun 3, 2010 | 09:55 PM
Former Sponsor

lol ya. i posted one of my sheets in your thread also. your thread about died... im waiting for more pics to show up on your thread from JMS and then i will post again there. between you 2, you will have the biggest ****in build threads on this forum
Old Jun 3, 2010 | 09:57 PM
Evolved Member

Yeah that is nice and hairy. But, Mikey has been working on the FWD wrist strength simulator. But, he does need to get rid of those Falken 225's first.

Last edited by sparky; Jun 3, 2010 at 10:04 PM.
Old Jun 3, 2010 | 09:59 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Broham
i debated between the ams kits a lot. they are great just out of my price point. so what will really give ur neck and stomach problems during a pool? the black in 3rd roll to redline? the hta3586 once it hits? that is too much lag i think.
I don't like the AMS kits to be honest. I think they are over priced and you are paying for the name! Besides I'm not a fan of PTE turbos. Some people love them and some hate them. Honestly I think the 2.4 Black is one of the best street combos available right now. I obviously don't have my car yet but from talking with John and a few other, there is nothing better! It will hit harder than a 3586, just a bit less power!

Mikey
Old Jun 3, 2010 | 10:01 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by BLKCarbonEVO
Hey, there are updates! I'm sure sparky doesn't give a rats *** about your closet remote control car!

Mikey
I dont have any remote cars but im thinking about buying one of those d1 DRIFT CARS. my friend has one the ****

lol ya. i posted one of my sheets in your thread also. your thread about died... im waiting for more pics to show up on your thread from JMS and then i will post again there. between you 2, you will have the biggest ****in build threads on this forum
yea MONDAY MY DUDE. thats when the rod comes in then its show time. then i ordered the gt spec as well today. im deciding if im going to do the fortune auto dress up kit in purple. Yea thats was my whole intention have a large thread so far its going good time to compete with the voltex thread yea right haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Last edited by RockmanX; Jun 3, 2010 at 10:03 PM.
Old Jun 3, 2010 | 10:02 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Broham
what are your power goals? that will determine what turbo you want next.
Old Jun 3, 2010 | 10:03 PM
Former Sponsor

I still cant even believe a fp black is equiv to a 35r..... there is literally NO lag.... i swear it feels like a 16g as far as spoolup goes.. its a turbo ahead of its time compared to some of these other heavy hitters.
Old Jun 3, 2010 | 10:03 PM
Evolved Member

I agree, we both need more motor pics. I'll have mine on Tuesday when I take my thumb drive to ER. Ya our threads are rather larger and the funny thing is that there are not even results yet. Wait till we start getting results and watch them grow

fyi Aaron's LR2.2 thread is larger than ours I believe. It def has more views! Screw Aaron for being awesome! lol jk Aaron, about the screw you part... You are awesome though

Yeah that is nice and hairy. But, Mikey has been working on the FWD wrist strength simulator. But, he does need to get rid of those 225's first.
I'll show you some wrist action That looks like me when I'm racing someone! I'll get 18x9.5s 265 just to make everyone on here happy! Deal? I'm sure my car would be happier!

Mikey
Old Jun 3, 2010 | 10:05 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by BLKCarbonEVO
I don't like the AMS kits to be honest. I think they are over priced and you are paying for the name! Besides I'm not a fan of PTE turbos. Some people love them and some hate them. Honestly I think the 2.4 Black is one of the best street combos available right now. I obviously don't have my car yet but from talking with John and a few other, there is nothing better! It will hit harder than a 3586, just a bit less power!

Mikey
AMS = BMW. paying for that name not everything is expensive they sell to be honest my 4g64 HG was priced well

Quick Reply: Mikey's LR2.4 MIVEC 10:1 Motor Build