Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Mikey's LR2.4 MIVEC 10:1 Motor Build

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2010 | 10:06 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by BLKCarbonEVO
I agree, we both need more motor pics. I'll have mine on Tuesday when I take my thumb drive to ER. Ya our threads are rather larger and the funny thing is that there are not even results yet. Wait till we start getting results and watch them grow

fyi Aaron's LR2.2 thread is larger than ours I believe. It def has more views! Screw Aaron for being awesome! lol jk Aaron, about the screw you part... You are awesome though

I'll show you some wrist action That looks like me when I'm racing someone! I'll get 18x9.5s 265 just to make everyone on here happy! Deal? I'm sure my car would be happier!

Mikey
i say yes to the 9.5 and 265. it will help a great deal.

--------

ya Aaron's thread is big also, and has very good information hidden inside it as well.
Old Jun 3, 2010 | 10:07 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RockmanX
I dont have any remote cars but im thinking about buying one of those d1 DRIFT CARS. my friend has one the ****
Those are bad ***! I agree with you for once

Originally Posted by tscompusa
I still cant even believe a fp black is equiv to a 35r..... there is literally NO lag.... i swear it feels like a 16g as far as spoolup goes.. its a turbo ahead of its time compared to some of these other heavy hitters.
The crazy thing is the Black is better than a std 35r, its the mack daddy HTA3582! 700hp 16g here we come!

Mikey
Old Jun 3, 2010 | 10:09 PM
Evolved Member

Your car is BAD, dude Do you still have your old 2.0 longblock, or did you sell it? I want to build a 2.3L.

EDIT: I guess that I mean shortblock as you probably used your old head onto your new 2.4 mill.

Last edited by sparky; Jun 3, 2010 at 10:13 PM.
Evolved Member

AMS = BMW. paying for that name not everything is expensive they sell to be honest my 4g64 HG was priced well
Only because it didn't have a huge *** AMS stamp on it! Anything that is visible and says AMS is like paying for a ******* in Hollywood!

Mikey
Former Sponsor

I dont have any remote cars but im thinking about buying one of those d1 DRIFT CARS. my friend has one the ****

yea MONDAY MY DUDE. thats when the rod comes in then its show time. then i ordered the gt spec as well today. im deciding if im going to do the fortune auto dress up kit in purple. Yea thats was my whole intention have a large thread so far its going good time to compete with the voltex thread yea right haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
remember the discussion we had about the oil pan stuff? just get the kiggly pressure regulator and it will help keep the oil in the pan, thats what i did..... its a good investment to have. I think the oil pan mod is overkill, we dont have 8 second cars.

for RC car get something like a traxxas t-maxx those things kick ***.
Old Jun 3, 2010 | 10:11 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by sparky
Your car is BAD, dude Do you still have your old 2.0 longblock, or did you sell it? I want to build a 2.3L.
i sold it back in winter time. they sell quick man, so many people are looking for short blocks. why dont you do a 2.4? you can find 2.4 blocks cheap and youll beable to rev a little higher with safety. when i got my 2.3 these 2.4 builds were not so popular in Evo's ...... now they seem to be everywhere and very popular.
Old Jun 3, 2010 | 10:12 PM
Evolved Member

kiggly pressure regulator price??
Old Jun 3, 2010 | 10:14 PM
Evolved Member

i say yes to the 9.5 and 265. it will help a great deal.

--------

ya Aaron's thread is big also, and has very good information hidden inside it as well.
Hidden info/pics of my cams

Originally Posted by sparky
Who is the question for Me or Rock? lol I don't have mine. ER gave me $2.00 for it. I needed the money to help fund my beast *** build! I think you should still do a 2.4L. The cores are cheaper than the 4G63!

remember the discussion we had about the oil pan stuff? just get the kiggly pressure regulator and it will help keep the oil in the pan, thats what i did..... its a good investment to have. I think the oil pan mod is overkill, we dont have 8 second cars.
I agree! I have the kiggly pressure regulator too! Not a bad way to spend $200. I'll take all the extra insurance I can, you know? All 8 sec cars should already have the AMS pan

Mikey
Old Jun 3, 2010 | 10:14 PM
Evolved Member

i sold it back in winter time. they sell quick man, so many people are looking for short blocks. why dont you do a 2.4? you can find 2.4 blocks cheap and youll beable to rev a little higher with safety. when i got my 2.3 these 2.4 builds were not so popular in Evo's ...... now they seem to be everywhere and very popular.
any chance of you switching to 2.4??
Old Jun 3, 2010 | 10:15 PM
Former Sponsor

priced a bit rediculous but i expect that in a part where no one else competes with it.

http://www.extremepsi.com/store/cust...at=1081&page=1
Old Jun 3, 2010 | 10:15 PM
Evolved Member

$175.00 http://www.kigglyracing.com/parts/HL...Regulator2.htm

$1.00 discount if you get it from exstreme psi...

Mikey
Old Jun 3, 2010 | 10:16 PM
Former Sponsor

mine wins by $1 lol. if you're not local its cheaper then kigglys store. I still got it from extreme tho cause the owners a cool dude.
Old Jun 3, 2010 | 10:17 PM
Former Sponsor

any chance of you switching to 2.4??
maybe when i put a rod through my block....
Old Jun 3, 2010 | 10:20 PM
Evolved Member

maybe when i put a rod through my block....
geez, lets not hope for that!

Mikey
Old Jun 3, 2010 | 10:21 PM
Former Sponsor

I suspect eventually it will happen down the road... i hope its a long time from now tho. ill be happy if i get atleast 20,000 miles from current setup.

Quick Reply: Mikey's LR2.4 MIVEC 10:1 Motor Build