Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Mikey's LR2.4 MIVEC 10:1 Motor Build

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2010 | 10:22 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by JohnBradley
hmmm...I'd have to look at the tune to see whats going on.

Mikey never say never. I am saving and planning a trip to hit pretty much everyone who has moved away. Free hotel for me and midget exposure for them
If you can check this out possibly with Mikeys car and figure out something let me know. Id appreciate it greatly. I tried playing with the settings and it made it worse.
Old Jun 4, 2010 | 10:25 PM
Evolved Member

Mikey's car is because of the map switching. I finally said F it and make one work perfect and screw the other (well not totally, but I am not as worried about the gas tune right now).

My 2150s are primo on either fuel. What were you adjusting? Generally you only need to worry about 9v latency. Cranking stuff can be left alone, some of the SD stuff can be the hair that broke the camels back but it all depends on basic settings sometimes.

aaron
Old Jun 4, 2010 | 10:32 PM
Former Sponsor

I believe i was playing with the ipw's - it was about 1 month ago so i kind of forget what exact table i was playing with. I only focused on mid trim to get the injectors scaled, i didn't touch latencies i just copy and pasted the settings you posted for those. so there might be my prob, need to tweak the latency. thanks i will def put my attention to that next time i bring car out to play again.
Old Jun 4, 2010 | 10:35 PM
Evolved Member

hmmm...I'd have to look at the tune to see whats going on.

Mikey never say never. I am saving and planning a trip to hit pretty much everyone who has moved away. Free hotel for me and midget exposure for them
Dude, you would totally be welcome at my house! I'll be living at Virginia Beach so we can kick it and stare at the chicks on the beach and drink a few! I think It would be great to do something like that. I'm sure Fred would love to see you too.

Originally Posted by wreckless969
Yeah whats the point of spending 20k on a car if you just have someone hack it together.

Well you'll be close to Buschur lol, but I'm a firm believer in if you had your car built by someone to keep taking it to that person.
Totally agree! I like things to be perfect on my car... Not everything is, mostly my gay roof that I still need to get fixed. I don't care about being close to BR. But no one will touch my built motor other than ER, even if I have to pay to ship my car from the East coast to the West coast and back. That is what I will do!

I'm totally sitting at my computer drinking and evoming it up! What a night!

Mikey
Old Jun 4, 2010 | 10:40 PM
Evolved Member

Me too...girl is furious...I am enjoying the Black Butte in my hand right now though. She'll be there when I am done.....lol
Old Jun 4, 2010 | 10:40 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by BLKCarbonEVO
Totally agree! I like things to be perfect on my car... Not everything is, mostly my gay roof that I still need to get fixed. I don't care about being close to BR. But no one will touch my built motor other than ER, even if I have to pay to ship my car from the East coast to the West coast and back. That is what I will do!

I'm totally sitting at my computer drinking and evoming it up! What a night!

Mikey
I know the feeling I got rear ended on post a little before I deployed, its not bad bumper cover is a bit scratched up and the exhaust got a little bent but it drives me ****in nuts. I'm gonna replace the bumper with the JDM one and the exhaust with a BR one to fit the JDM rear.

Also there are a few things from the last retard that owned it that I still need to take care off. I don't know what he did but he managed to knock a mounting bracket off one of the sides of the intercooler that I noticed when I put the Evo IX SE front end on my car. Luckily I'm getting a new fmic so that doesn't matter but there are a few other odds and ends.
Old Jun 4, 2010 | 11:04 PM
Evolved Member

When are we getting some videos, I wanna hear this thing idle
Old Jun 4, 2010 | 11:34 PM
Evolved Member

think he said he is going down there tuesday or something like that
Old Jun 4, 2010 | 11:37 PM
Evolved Member

Yeah I'm pretty excited about this build. Curious to see the end results.
Old Jun 4, 2010 | 11:40 PM
Evolved Member

im about to go look up another site online that sells weapon r parts i want the coolant tank and powersteering tank and im not buying from lancershop thats for sure.
Old Jun 4, 2010 | 11:46 PM
Evolved Member

I like their engine damper and catch can I haven't seen the power steering or coolant tanks yet though.
Old Jun 5, 2010 | 12:04 AM
Evolved Member

Me too...girl is furious...I am enjoying the Black Butte in my hand right now though. She'll be there when I am done.....lol

Mikey
Old Jun 5, 2010 | 12:12 AM
Evolved Member

I know the feeling I got rear ended on post a little before I deployed, its not bad bumper cover is a bit scratched up and the exhaust got a little bent but it drives me ****in nuts. I'm gonna replace the bumper with the JDM one and the exhaust with a BR one to fit the JDM rear.

Also there are a few things from the last retard that owned it that I still need to take care off. I don't know what he did but he managed to knock a mounting bracket off one of the sides of the intercooler that I noticed when I put the Evo IX SE front end on my car. Luckily I'm getting a new fmic so that doesn't matter but there are a few other odds and ends.
Ya I have a scrape on the back of my JDM bumper where some ***** at my friend Eric's house hit me. She was drunk and on drugs and I asked her to give me 400 and I wouldn't call the cops. She told me to **** off, so what did I do, called the cops on her ***. When they showed up they arrested her for a DUI and turned out she didn't have insurance either... fml... Well now she has to pay like 2k dollars. Not very smart of her since all she would have had to do was pay me the 400 to get it fixed and I wouldn't have called the cop. Dumb *****!

What FMIC are you getting. You should get the ETS 3.8" Garrett core! I have that one and LOVE IT

Originally Posted by Svendiesel
When are we getting some videos, I wanna hear this thing idle
I'll get some vids and dyno sheets up after Tuesday. Since my cams have not showed up yet, I'm still running the pos HKS cams which are entirely to small for a 2.4L. New cams should be in mid June and Ill get the installed and retuned towards the end of the month. Aaron said right now with the HKS cams it sounds bone stock! Kinda nice for the few weeks I'll have it. I'll see if I can trick people into thinking it is stock since the Black also looks stock. If it looks and sounds bone stock then it must be stock!

Yeah I'm pretty excited about this build. Curious to see the end results.
I am excited too! We have really put a lot of time into it. I just hope everything works the way we are hoping it will and we don't have any surprises on Tuesday.

Mikey
Old Jun 5, 2010 | 12:15 AM
Evolved Member

Yeah surprises are bad unless its like "Oh surprise we made 100mp hp then we though" but those surprises are rare

I'm getting the Buschur Race core duh lol. I have this OCD thing where I don't like it if my parts don't match. So its a good thing I have to Replaced my AMS TBE so now I can get a BR one and it'll match.
Old Jun 5, 2010 | 12:42 AM
Evolved Member

Yeah surprises are bad unless its like "Oh surprise we made 100mp hp then we though" but those surprises are rare

I'm getting the Buschur Race core duh lol. I have this OCD thing where I don't like it if my parts don't match. So its a good thing I have to Replaced my AMS TBE so now I can get a BR one and it'll match.
WOW becoming a freak i see lol. just dont be crazy like some ill leave it at that. you should think about repainting your car too many black evos roaming around and i thought silver was bad. LOL i commented earlier i dont see evos i left just now and went to walmart and cops everywhere im driving my del sol and coming home going on base was a silver evo i was like man have not seen one in 3 months and reminded me of mine sad times

Quick Reply: Mikey's LR2.4 MIVEC 10:1 Motor Build