Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Mikey's LR2.4 MIVEC 10:1 Motor Build

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2010 | 01:53 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evo_TK
yours is a se too lol, were did you buy yours?
In bellingham, WA. There is a story behind me buy it. I always wanted a TB 2006 EVO IX MR SE. I swore if I ever saw one I would buy it... Well I use to have a 2004 GTS and the day before I saw the evo on the lot/purchased it, I had spent 6k supercharging my GTS. lol I trading it in and lost all 6k that I spent the day before I got the evo. I would have taken the **** off the car and sold it but I needed to buy the evo that day because there was someone that had it on hold for 24 hours but I ended up getting the dealership to sell it to me out from under the other guy, so I had no choice but to trade it in. That is how bad I wanted my car!

Mikey
Old Jun 5, 2010 | 01:56 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RockmanX
mikey your car is a evo 9mr se or just a reg mr
It is indeed an EVO IX MR SE... I have only seen 3 others like it and none were TB. I'm not sure how rare the TB IX MR SEs are but they must be since I have not seen any others in person. I know of 2 but they are on the east coast.

Mikey
Old Jun 5, 2010 | 02:26 AM
Evolving Member

haha when did you buy it? I got mine from OC South Coast dealership mines just IX SE I wanted the 5 speed
Old Jun 5, 2010 | 02:28 AM
Evolved Member

haha when did you buy it? I got mine from OC South Coast dealership mines just IX SE I wanted the 5 speed
Feb 2007. I wish I knew about the worthless 6speed. If I did I would have never got the MR because the ****ing 6speed costed me 3k to replace twice and to swap to the 5speed!

Mikey
Old Jun 5, 2010 | 02:32 AM
Evolved Member

Yeah I was the same way I wanted an 05 or 06 But it had to be black with the black leather interior. My son was like 2 at the time and I knew leather was a smart choice.

I saw my car at Carmax of all places and was like **** it, I'm buying it. I had dropped a pretty penny on my GTI also that I bought brand new and traded in after a year. So I took a hit a few different ways...but live and learn and get and then get an Evo
Old Jun 5, 2010 | 02:38 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by wreckless969
Yeah I was the same way I wanted an 05 or 06 But it had to be black with the black leather interior. My son was like 2 at the time and I knew leather was a smart choice.

I saw my car at Carmax of all places and was like **** it, I'm buying it. I had dropped a pretty penny on my GTI also that I bought brand new and traded in after a year. So I took a hit a few different ways...but live and learn and get and then get an Evo
Yep, I don't plan on getting a different car anytime soon, unless I get a beater for a DD. I need to pay of my 40k evo... I hate negative roll over!

Mikey
Old Jun 5, 2010 | 02:46 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by BLKCarbonEVO
Yep, I don't plan on getting a different car anytime soon, unless I get a beater for a DD. I need to pay of my 40k evo... I hate negative roll over!

Mikey
Yeah I'm thinkin about a GVR-4 as a part time DD to keep miles down and mod lightly but Ill have the Evo till it erodes away from time lol
Old Jun 5, 2010 | 02:48 AM
Evolving Member

Ok I got mine in June of 07 but i was calling all the dearships
Old Jun 5, 2010 | 02:57 AM
Evolved Member

i wanted bby thats all i cared about for sure. Straight Gangster looking at night period
Old Jun 5, 2010 | 03:03 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by wreckless969
Yeah I'm thinkin about a GVR-4 as a part time DD to keep miles down and mod lightly but Ill have the Evo till it erodes away from time lol
Ya I'm thinking about getting back into drifting! I might pick up a 240 hatch and drop a RB25 in it. Not a bad 6k dollar car. Loads of fun too

Mikey
Old Jun 5, 2010 | 03:04 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RockmanX
i wanted bby thats all i cared about for sure. Straight Gangster looking at night period
What's gangster at night is a TB evo that's all blacked out

Okay I'm off to bed guys. Have a good night and catch you tomorrow!

Mikey
Old Jun 5, 2010 | 03:07 AM
Evolved Member

What's gangster at night is a TB evo that's all blacked out

Okay I'm off to bed guys. Have a good night and catch you tomorrow!

Mikey
lol Alright bro its 1pm here but Night
Old Jun 5, 2010 | 03:09 AM
Evolving Member

Ya I'm thinking about getting back into drifting! I might pick up a 240 hatch and drop a RB25 in it. Not a bad 6k dollar car. Loads of fun too

Mikey
haha I thought about sell my honda (DD) and do that

X2 TB evo are gangster, Mike when are cars done we should make some videos with our two 02 dumps
Old Jun 5, 2010 | 03:15 AM
Evolved Member

haha I thought about sell my honda (DD) and do that

X2 TB evo are gangster, Mike when are cars done we should make some videos with our two 02 dumps
Ya I did the Honda scene for years and the drifting thing for a few month in a 89 240 hatch SR20 black top... Out of all the cars I have owned, I miss the 240 the most.

Ya we should def make some vids. Would be sick as ****! We can get Aaron too. See if we can catch him on video blowing our doors off

btw you better be at ER on Tuesday. I have been there like 4 times trying to get you to cross the river so we can meet. It is about that time!

Mikey
Old Jun 5, 2010 | 03:17 AM
Evolving Member

haha I get off work at 230 am lol , you said your car is going on the dyno around 10am?

Quick Reply: Mikey's LR2.4 MIVEC 10:1 Motor Build