Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Mikey's LR2.4 MIVEC 10:1 Motor Build

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2010 | 03:23 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evo_TK
haha I get off work at 230 am lol , you said your car is going on the dyno around 10am?
Ya, prob between 10-11am. 7 hours of sleep is plenty! Speaking of sleep I'm seriously going to bed now...

Mikey
Old Jun 5, 2010 | 03:26 AM
Evolving Member

Ok Ill be there around 10am , oh you need to update your sig.
Old Jun 5, 2010 | 12:36 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evo_TK
Ok Ill be there around 10am , oh you need to update your sig.
Sounds good. Text me when you are on your way and I'll let you know where we are at, shop or headed to the dyno! I will once I get my car back. I don't have enough room for all my mods... I'm going to have to think of something!

Mikey
Old Jun 5, 2010 | 12:42 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by BLKCarbonEVO
Sounds good. Text me when you are on your way and I'll let you know where we are at, shop or headed to the dyno! I will once I get my car back. I don't have enough room for all my mods... I'm going to have to think of something!

Mikey
Get creative like me the little parts dont need to be there just main stuff in the sig hommie like LR2.4 built head ported parts hp # and built by etc
Old Jun 5, 2010 | 01:00 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RockmanX
Get creative like me the little parts dont need to be there just main stuff in the sig hommie like LR2.4 built head ported parts hp # and built by etc
Ya I'll think of some cool way to do it. I need to figure out how to hyperlink a thread to where it will say the name of the thread, not the damn url in the sig. I was playing with it last night and it pissed me off because I couldn't figure it out.

Mikey
Old Jun 5, 2010 | 01:40 PM
Evolved Member

Ya I'll think of some cool way to do it. I need to figure out how to hyperlink a thread to where it will say the name of the thread, not the damn url in the sig. I was playing with it last night and it pissed me off because I couldn't figure it out.

Mikey
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...-build-25.html

like that
Old Jun 5, 2010 | 04:42 PM
Evolved Member

Ya I can do that too, see https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...-build-10.html but when you put it in the sig preview it shows up as the url, not the link. I don't understand...

Mikey
Old Jun 5, 2010 | 05:01 PM
Evolved Member

Mikey -

[*URL=put ur http link here*] type whatever the eff you want here [*/URL*]

Just remove the each asterisk (*) but keep every other character and you'll be good. I had to put the * there so the html won't come through.
Old Jun 5, 2010 | 05:19 PM
Evolved Member

since this has been the "hang out thread" i went to get dynod to see what im putting down. 249 wheel on a low reading dyno dynamics dyno. apparently i was not properly tuned long ago. a/f off and boost only set at 20 psi. I am garaging the car till this work gets done and then retuning. I love it though how low it reads. I'm sure I'll damage my neck after my build. i'm looking to gain 250 wheel or more. 2.4 long rod ftw. now question about rods. does only manley make off the shelf rods that are longer? also, what is your opinion on a different piston besides wiseco? what is your luck with diff piston brands? thanks
Old Jun 5, 2010 | 05:33 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by boostedwrx
Mikey -

[*URL=put ur http link here*] type whatever the eff you want here [*/URL*]

Just remove the each asterisk (*) but keep every other character and you'll be good. I had to put the * there so the html won't come through.
Thanks buddy!

Originally Posted by Broham
since this has been the "hang out thread" i went to get dynod to see what im putting down. 249 wheel on a low reading dyno dynamics dyno. apparently i was not properly tuned long ago. a/f off and boost only set at 20 psi. I am garaging the car till this work gets done and then retuning. I love it though how low it reads. I'm sure I'll damage my neck after my build. i'm looking to gain 250 wheel or more. 2.4 long rod ftw. now question about rods. does only manley make off the shelf rods that are longer? also, what is your opinion on a different piston besides wiseco? what is your luck with diff piston brands? thanks
The hang out spot it is It feels like the evom lounge!

Nice dude. 250 more horses is really nice and I'm sure you will be happy once everything is said and done! R&R makes a std 156mm I beam and GSC makes a std 156mm I beam. I'm going to be running the GSC 156mm rods in my build. They are a lot like the turbo tuffs but a bit lighter if I remember right. I'll see if Aaron can shed some more light on them for us.

Personally I favor in this order: Wiseco, JE, and CP. For my hondas I stick with CP. Aaron uses JE in his personal builds but was extremely impressed with the design of my Wiseco HDs. I'll talk him into using Wiseco on his next build! lol He said the valve reliefs were much larger on Wiseco HDs than his JEs which he liked. Pistons become a bit of a preference more so than which is better. I think the Wiseco and JE are neck to neck imo but I favor Wiseco. When getting your pistons, just make sure they have a ch of 1.13. Let me know what you decide to get.

Mikey
Old Jun 5, 2010 | 06:38 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks buddy!

The hang out spot it is It feels like the evom lounge!

Nice dude. 250 more horses is really nice and I'm sure you will be happy once everything is said and done! R&R makes a std 156mm I beam and GSC makes a std 156mm I beam. I'm going to be running the GSC 156mm rods in my build. They are a lot like the turbo tuffs but a bit lighter if I remember right. I'll see if Aaron can shed some more light on them for us.

Personally I favor in this order: Wiseco, JE, and CP. For my hondas I stick with CP. Aaron uses JE in his personal builds but was extremely impressed with the design of my Wiseco HDs. I'll talk him into using Wiseco on his next build! lol He said the valve reliefs were much larger on Wiseco HDs than his JEs which he liked. Pistons become a bit of a preference more so than which is better. I think the Wiseco and JE are neck to neck imo but I favor Wiseco. When getting your pistons, just make sure they have a ch of 1.13. Let me know what you decide to get.

Mikey
Wiseco yes sir!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Jun 5, 2010 | 07:54 PM
Evolved Member

EvoM lounge thread is money Go play with ur sig Mikey heh
Old Jun 5, 2010 | 08:01 PM
Evolved Member

Wiseco are heads above because of the piston design. Material science might be the same but a strutted skirt vs a non strutted skirt is GIANT. JE is finally starting to make some strutted skirt pistons for our applications
Old Jun 5, 2010 | 09:03 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by JohnBradley
Wiseco are heads above because of the piston design. Material science might be the same but a strutted skirt vs a non strutted skirt is GIANT. JE is finally starting to make some strutted skirt pistons for our applications
Glad to hear that Wiseco makes a great piston. They are priced very fairly I think also. ANother build related question to stay on topic. What are your reasons for going 2.4 Long rod over 2.3 stroked? I know that the long rod stays at tdc longer to maintain the rpm and keep pulling, but what kind of other improvements do you see? what about a long rod 2.3? I am going to do the 2.4 because it is less than a few hundreds more than going to keep my 4g63 to do it. both builds would require engine removal, machine, balance, etc. the block was only 250 bucks since i had the crank. and it allows to keep your 4g63 as a spare in case the other blows.

thanks, tryin to keep this thread going
Old Jun 5, 2010 | 09:31 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Broham
Glad to hear that Wiseco makes a great piston. They are priced very fairly I think also. ANother build related question to stay on topic. What are your reasons for going 2.4 Long rod over 2.3 stroked? I know that the long rod stays at tdc longer to maintain the rpm and keep pulling, but what kind of other improvements do you see? what about a long rod 2.3? I am going to do the 2.4 because it is less than a few hundreds more than going to keep my 4g63 to do it. both builds would require engine removal, machine, balance, etc. the block was only 250 bucks since i had the crank. and it allows to keep your 4g63 as a spare in case the other blows.

thanks, tryin to keep this thread going
Thats stupid thinking. sell the damn 4g63 to get money to buy parts or your piston rods etc. you can get another block later. you should not be worrying about blowing your new motor so soon if you are you need to find another builder asap. I told you to get wiseco pistons like awhile ago. good stuff there. lol you seem to pick and choose what info you want to retain lol just pull the trigger on the parts and lets get your build together. if your getting pistons like this month lets get those first then rods and so forth nobody is going anywhere im positive everybody that wants to be in the 2.4 black gang is proud to assist.

btw here is manleys chart on rods long std etc

http://www.manleyperformance.com/sc/...g63_rods.shtml

Quick Reply: Mikey's LR2.4 MIVEC 10:1 Motor Build