Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Mikey's LR2.4 MIVEC 10:1 Motor Build

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2010 | 06:05 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by NickieBlaine
About time! Im glad the cams are coming through for you
Me too, I just hope they make it when they are suppose to now. We have been told about 4 different dates over the past month and I hope that it is for real now. Greg has been very busy, which is a good thing!

Originally Posted by Erik@MIL.SPEC
Erik "likes" this status update.
Mikey "likes" the status update too...

Originally Posted by PATRICK B.
Woohoo new #'s coming soon.......can't wait to see what she puts down
Greg has no clue what the car will do with these cams over the HKS. All Greg said is, "It will be very interesting at the least"!

Hope that spool won't change much but make a fock ton more peak and out the top.

Mikey

Last edited by BLKCarbonEVO; Jun 21, 2010 at 10:10 PM.
Old Jun 21, 2010 | 08:13 PM
Evolved Member

Its not turbo lag, its foreplay.
Old Jun 21, 2010 | 08:15 PM
Evolved Member

Lag is only half a fender or one downshift. Either way when the power is there its all over
Old Jun 21, 2010 | 10:12 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by project_skyline
Its not turbo lag, its foreplay.

Originally Posted by JohnBradley
Lag is only half a fender or one downshift. Either way when the power is there its all over
We all know god created lag to give my friend's KB Cobra a chance.

Mikey
Old Jun 21, 2010 | 10:32 PM
Evolved Member

Got the gaskets mikey. They look good!
Old Jun 21, 2010 | 10:35 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by R/TErnie
Got the gaskets mikey. They look good!
Sweet deal dude Glad to hear things are moving forward. I can't wait to get to the testing! I'm ready to see what this Black can really do!

Thanks for all your hard work Eric

Mikey
Old Jun 21, 2010 | 10:53 PM
Evolved Member

Since I didnt get a chance to post after reading 155 posts in the other thread, I would like to say I ported into the waterjackets. Next I would like to comment on what people think my backpressure ratio is at 23psi (MRFred is excluded from this competition) and 588whp. I will not tolerate (as MRTurco did not) Honda vs Mitsu battles, but I would like to say that the devil is in the details and while I am not sure what Mikey's car will do on large cams, it will be interesting.

It's late, I just got done working, I am going to have a shower and 2 beers....most likely at the same time.

aaron
Old Jun 21, 2010 | 11:03 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by JohnBradley
Since I didnt get a chance to post after reading 155 posts in the other thread, I would like to say I ported into the waterjackets. Next I would like to comment on what people think my backpressure ratio is at 23psi (MRFred is excluded from this competition) and 588whp. I will not tolerate (as MRTurco did not) Honda vs Mitsu battles, but I would like to say that the devil is in the details and while I am not sure what Mikey's car will do on large cams, it will be interesting.

It's late, I just got done working, I am going to have a shower and 2 beers....most likely at the same time.

aaron
I wouldn't even know where to begin, however I'm sure it is fairly good. Unlike the mad backpressure I will be fighting with the Black. But thanks to Eric, I think that will change and looks like we will find out how much change on Tuesday or Wed. Prob do cams on Tues and housing on Wed.

I am very excited about the cams and how much it will really open my car up. Everyone seems to say "interesting" so I'll assume it will be... Only time will tell.

Have fun drinking! I have drank in the shower more than once!

Mikey
Old Jun 21, 2010 | 11:05 PM
Evolved Member

Be sure to test my super special turbine housing and turbo manifold before swapping cams!
Old Jun 21, 2010 | 11:08 PM
Evolved Member

Be sure to test my super special turbine housing and turbo manifold before swapping cams!
Not before... Before and after on the cams at 30psi, then do a 37psi pull and see what it base lines with the cams. Should be plenty of backpressure and high EGTs above the 650hp level with the stock housing... Then swap the "super special turbine housing" on at 37psi doing a back to back. I want the high EGTs and backpressure before swapping out

Mikey
Old Jun 21, 2010 | 11:09 PM
Evolved Member

btw how did the manifold come out?

Mikey
Old Jun 22, 2010 | 07:29 PM
Evolving Member

Mikey,

Your 4 inch ER intake with the FP Black... I'm looking to go with a 4 inch intake when I upgrade to the FP Black.

Three questions if you have time:

Is this a one-off or is ER selling these?

Does it use a reducer hose to connect up with FP Black's 3.25"? Vibrant or something else...

Could you post a photo of your engine bay?

Thanks,

J. Church

P.S. Decided to go with the ER MIVEC modified cams with my next installment Can't wait to see your post break in dyno chart.
Old Jun 22, 2010 | 08:13 PM
Evolved Member

They do sell the 4" intake if I'm not mistaken. I'm not sure how much it is, you would have to contact Aaron about that. They use a 4" 45* elbow that connects to the turbo and a rubber ring that goes between the elbow and the turbo inlet so the pipe fits nice and snug. It looks much better this way instead of having a reducer. I'll post some pics for you. These are phone pics because my fiance has my camera

Attachment 339320

Mikey's LR2.4 MIVEC 10:1 Motor Build-3fmcm.jpg

Let me know if you have anymore questions.

Mikey
Old Jun 26, 2010 | 05:24 AM
Evolved Member

Eric coming through! Very nice! That guy is a magician, I tell ya! Can't wait to hear how it goes next week! I'd be there if I could, brother. If you were there just a day I might try to squeeze it.

*edit - send me some pics, Eric!
Old Jun 26, 2010 | 08:58 AM
Evolved Member

Mike do you want me to post pics here when I finish the housing?

Quick Reply: Mikey's LR2.4 MIVEC 10:1 Motor Build