Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Mikey's LR2.4 MIVEC 10:1 Motor Build

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2010 | 10:01 AM
Evolved Member

See the problem with Mikeys setup is that he's gonna make Rock and I look like fools when our cars are done..."Well I made 675...but I still dont have all my parts yet!"

Old Jul 1, 2010 | 10:12 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Svendiesel
See the problem with Mikeys setup is that he's gonna make Rock and I look like fools when our cars are done..."Well I made 675...but I still dont have all my parts yet!"

lol he may embarrass you but not me first of all not even a fair comparison

1. custom cams
2. 10:1 compression
3. Custom ported housing
4. the biggest one yet E85!!!!!!!!!!!!!

me

1. fp cams
2. 9:1
3. ported housing as well
4. NO E85 in sight so only 93 oct lol

we are on different levels the e85 alone insures there is no comparison for now now you two are closer to compare

You

1. GSC S2
3. ported housing
4 93+meth and you have access to e85 if you drive alittle bit

only true difference with you two is 2.3 to 2.4
Old Jul 1, 2010 | 10:21 AM
Evolved Member

I think i have the most to lose.... haha
Old Jul 1, 2010 | 10:21 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by JohnBradley
They seem to be (while working the math off Johnny's motor) about 26whp boost to boost.

This is taking into account-

675 / 4% (10.3:1 vs 9:1) = 648 @ 36psi vs Johnny making 622 at the same boost.

It doesnt take into account though power at 7800 where Mikey is up 80whp, not just 50whp peak. This is where it gets touchy since we also have a ported head thrown in for good measure.

The sim that I refused to believe was saying 40whp on average....and on average that might be correct, but certainly not peak if everything else was equal. For purposes of this discussion I do not believe the LR2.4 makes more power because of the rods, they are there for high rpm stability.

aaron

*IMPORTANT TO NOTE*

To save some trouble for Greg, anyone interested in these cams can save the phone call to GSC for the time being. They dont have a name so they dont exist.

They are not going to be widely available, they will only be available through EnglishRacing, and they are not drop in friendly. There are definite requirements to make these cams work properly, headflow, springs, turbo size, compression, etc.

thanks

Aaron
I would love clarification on the above statements. Are you saying that there is no difference between the LR2.4 and the std2.4 just you can rev even higher with the LR version? Power output is the same? The custom cams how do we know if they will work. I have a built 2.4 and a built head by mike@awd dual springs overzied valved but i thought you had to have custom pistons to use theses cams?? how do i know if i qualify? How much are these?
Old Jul 1, 2010 | 10:23 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by NickieBlaine
I think i have the most to lose.... haha
why you say that your stuff is getting done by ER no worries only issue you have is the installing shop ER is going to build the motor right no worries there for sure
Old Jul 1, 2010 | 10:26 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RockmanX
why you say that your stuff is getting done by ER no worries only issue you have is the installing shop ER is going to build the motor right no worries there for sure
Im saying in power comparisons... haha

Although i still have stock ported im/em, megan o2, and for right now no sd
So im missing out on some power...
Old Jul 1, 2010 | 10:26 AM
Former Sponsor

Mike could you send me over a couple good pictures of your car with our front mount on it. I want to use it for our site.

Thanks man!

Michael

Michael@extremeturbosystems.com
Old Jul 1, 2010 | 10:27 AM
Evolved Member

I would love clarification on the above statements. Are you saying that there is no difference between the LR2.4 and the std2.4 just you can rev even higher with the LR version? Power output is the same? The custom cams how do we know if they will work. I have a built 2.4 and a built head by mike@awd dual springs overzied valved but i thought you had to have custom pistons to use theses cams?? how do i know if i qualify? How much are these?
In mikeys other thread, he said the pistons needed to have extra large reliefs, and they dont have any pricing yet because they dont know of supply/demand, etc.
Old Jul 1, 2010 | 10:36 AM
Evolved Member

haha yes true, Mikeys and mine are pretty comparable with the major differences being fuel, the cams, and Ernies custom parts.

Im long rod 2.4 also, not 2.3 silly! And I didnt know you were only doing 93.

lol he may embarrass you but not me first of all not even a fair comparison

1. custom cams
3. Custom ported housing
4. the biggest one yet E85!!!!!!!!!!!!!

me

1. fp cams
2. 9:1
3. ported housing as well
4. NO E85 in sight so only 93 oct lol

we are on different levels the e85 alone insures there is no comparison for now now you two are closer to compare

You

1. GSC S2
3. ported housing
4 93+meth and you have access to e85 if you drive alittle bit

only true difference with you two is 2.3 to 2.4
Old Jul 1, 2010 | 01:55 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Svendiesel
haha yes true, Mikeys and mine are pretty comparable with the major differences being fuel, the cams, and Ernies custom parts.

Im long rod 2.4 also, not 2.3 silly! And I didnt know you were only doing 93.
sorry sorry sorry you and wreckless are so much alike got your builds confused you both are going to BR to have the builds done got it twisted I HAVE NO E85. therefore i dont worry about what i dont have and never used. If i move to tx it will be on until then all 93 POWER!!!!

Last edited by RockmanX; Jul 1, 2010 at 01:57 PM.
Old Jul 1, 2010 | 06:16 PM
Evolved Member

I dont think rod ratio makes a difference in power. I have never stated that, its high rpm stability. If anything rod ratio should be dictated by headflow since peak VE will occur differently at different R/s values and this is dependent on what the head is doing.

F1 motors dont make 800whp because they have a 4:1 R/s. Its because they spin 19,000 rpm which they couldnt do if they werent a long rod and didnt have cylinder heads that are optimised for peak VE at high rpm.

Nick covered the cams. These new cams will only be available for MIVEC motors to start. I have a feeling they might be really tough to make idle correctly. At least on the level of JUN's but maybe more fun in an VIII.

aaron
Old Jul 2, 2010 | 01:07 AM
Evolved Member

Well if you need an VIII to test them on.....
Old Jul 2, 2010 | 08:18 AM
Former Sponsor

Wwjbd!
Old Jul 3, 2010 | 03:35 AM
Evolved Member

^you owe me a nickel!
Old Jul 3, 2010 | 05:29 PM

I dont think rod ratio makes a difference in power. I have never stated that, its high rpm stability. If anything rod ratio should be dictated by headflow since peak VE will occur differently at different R/s values and this is dependent on what the head is doing.
I thought R/S not only reduce cylinder wall stress plus slow down the piston speed to allow the cylinder to be fill with more air at higher RPM.

Quick Reply: Mikey's LR2.4 MIVEC 10:1 Motor Build