Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Mikey's LR2.4 MIVEC 10:1 Motor Build

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2010, 07:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Mikey I'm excited to see my babbies come to life. Your 2.4 and Black turbo is gonna make most men scream like lil girls. Like always when I build motors at ER I put a special **** spit in her for extra lube, you just got more than most. Jeff
Old May 9, 2010, 07:51 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by eclipsed4speed
Hey Mikey I'm excited to see my babbies come to life. Your 2.4 and Black turbo is gonna make most men scream like lil girls. Like always when I build motors at ER I put a special **** spit in her for extra lube, you just got more than most. Jeff
Jeff, thank you for your extra lube

I'm excited to see how my motor comes together and what she does on the dyno! Thank you for taking care of her and giving me more than most!

Mikey
Old May 9, 2010, 08:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Jeff I could have seriously gone with out the visual of your ****/spit/lube all over Mikeys 2.4... it is early in the morning and I now have no appetite...
Old May 9, 2010, 08:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Thanks Jeff! I was wondering what to get for breakfast... you fixed that

I guess its more disturbing because we can actually visualize Jeff doing this...for the people who don't know him... it sounds like an idle threat. We know better.
Old May 9, 2010, 09:13 AM
Former Sponsor

Damnit Jeff, now I want a ER motor!
Old May 9, 2010, 12:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 70 Likes on 52 Posts
He isnt lying. He goes through one bottle of assembly lube a motor it seems. Mine started on the third crank though. The only reason it took that long was it had to build fuel pressure I think. It idled and purred instantly and never died (like they always seem to as they break in) while it warmed up. His method works
Old May 9, 2010, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by Fathouse
Damnit Jeff, now I want a ER motor!
LOL We are just a phone call away. Since you helped me in Jersey last year I have something real special for you.
Old May 9, 2010, 03:24 PM
Evolved Member

^LMAO! In for **** lube from the man, the myth, the legend.

Originally Posted by BLKCarbonEVO
As Aaron would tell someone that wanted to rev to 9k... "Sure, and I can stick my dick in a pencil sharpener too, but who the **** would want to." Great line at 0800 in the morning when I first get out of working a 24 hour shift. Thanks for making my day Aaron!

That was prob a huge jumble **** but whatever....

Mikey
I really didn't think he could fit it in a pencil sharpener. People refer to him as small but I thought something else entirely! You'd need an industrial meat grinder for some of us!

Originally Posted by whitepwr
Fast, Reliable, Cheap.... pick 2.. pretty common basis when building a car.

I think this looks like a pretty promising build though. Nice to see some different stuff every now and then. Should be a fun ride regardless.. you'll make ridiculous torque and be able to rap out your car fairly high in the RPMs compared to a traditional 2.3 or 2.4 motor. Only thing that turns me off to the idea of running a stock frame turbo is the boost drop off up top.. The one thing I HATED about the stock turbo was how it just seemed to "die" up top and anything past like 120-125mph.. you can forget about it. Good luck to you though, this thing will be a beast!
Cue Eric to wake the Black up top! I'll likely be needing one when Mikey's is done! (even though I know you don't want to take on more projects!) Please, please, please?!

Originally Posted by Fast_Freddie
If you actually met him, it is less enthusiastic and more so GHEY
Couldn't agree more - the only guy that likes to play the "Engine" when running a train!

Originally Posted by Acree
Damage control.

I certainly didn't meant to derail the thread or publicly attack ER in any way. I've spoken with Aaron on the phone more than once and he has been nothing short of polite and informative.

I was trying to express my concern and obvious reluctance to go back to the same shop that worked on the vehicle that I currently have sitting in the garage with a hole in the block. I am almost positive that the failure was due to the abuse of the previous owner and not attributed to poor workmanship from ER. Every single thing I've ever heard/read about those guys has been nothing short of stellar and I certainly did not mean to attack, bash, or trash talk their shop or reputation. I was simply trying to display caution returning to the original shop to purchase a new shortblock.

I understand you pay what you get for. Trust me, I do. I also understand that you guys deal with top quality parts and that is why you don't run built engines out the door like a welfare family pumps out kids. Your work is nothing short of top notch and that is obvious to anyone who sees the work. The other side of the fence is if I buy an engine from you guys, that's another 2 months my car will be done while I save up the money, so it's a very tough decision on my part.

To Mikey, again, sorry for derailing your thread man. Honestly, I can not wait to see the outcome and results. Cheers.

-Acree
While I don't think you meant ill will, you continue contradicting yourself. You have just as much claim toward for being the cause of your modded, used car having issues as you do toward English, who haven't had your car for a year. I'm at least glad you are trying to clean it up so I won't take it further.

Mikey, now I know what the fugg your text message meant the other night. I didn't realize you made this thread, but finally stumbled on it. I hope I get to make it out for the final events. That would be fuggin' awesome! Your car is going to be buh-dass!
Old May 9, 2010, 09:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by BLKCarbonEVO
I'm on my way out the door in a few to go to the ship for 3 weeks. Time for me to go MIA. Take care guys and I'll see you when I get back!....Mikey
I'll try to have my Red strapped on by the time you get back, buddy! Keep the shiny side up
Old May 9, 2010, 09:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by sparky
I'll try to have my Red strapped on by the time you get back, buddy! Keep the shiny side up
Just got settled into my rack and decided to check my thread only to realize that Jeff's "spit" has been the topic today!

Yahu, you need to try and make it when I get back. Should be a fun day!

Mikey
Old May 11, 2010, 12:05 AM
Evolved Member

^I'll do what I can. Just make sure to give me enough head's up and I'll see if it works out.
Old May 11, 2010, 10:09 PM
Evolving Member

Finally... Good Luck BLKCarbonEVO. My 2.4 build isn't far behind.
Old May 11, 2010, 11:17 PM
Evolved Member

mine might not be either, after today.
Old May 11, 2010, 11:18 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by yahu
mine might not be either, after today.

Say what?
Old May 11, 2010, 11:22 PM
Evolved Member

Getting a tap dance under my valve-cover. Hopefully it is up top and not down below. I gotta tear into it when I can (hopefully the weekend). Waaaaah!

Quick Reply: Mikey's LR2.4 MIVEC 10:1 Motor Build