Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Jinu0808 and Dynoflash

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2003, 08:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jinu0808 and Dynoflash

KK closed the thread "Dynoflash REFUND PLEASE", therefore I have to start another thread in response to it. I personally know both of the parties.

Jinu0808 (Joe), personally I think you are over reacting by posting on EVO M and trying to tranish Dynoflash's image. As KK advised, this matter couldve been handled more professionally. You could have seeked Willie or myself to try to resolve the issue.

1. Al, offered to retune your car for better results, however you declined. Give him another chance, since no tuners are perfect. He will not allow your car to run dangerous AFRs jsut for a greater HP#. All Dynoflashed cars are "special tuned" since they are all customized.

2. Paul, who has a lil more mods then you (264 cams, SAFC2, and fuel pump), only gained around 13 more hp from baseline. Yet his ignition timing is improved and teh turbo spools quicker.

3. Your current mods are TB, Intake and EBC. After teh reflash, alot of these cars are in teh range of 270 -290 hp. Your car is within that range. Maybe you shouldve installed a feul pump to richen teh top end since your mods tend to lean it out. Im sure your car was alot smoother prior to the dynoflash.

4. Dont blame AL or tuners for not setting your E-01 correctly. Not all tuners are expereinced with every aftermarket parts. Even till now CityHugo is having problems with his NEW E-01, thats why Al advises yoou get teh EVC. He is more experienced with that unit. Based on personal experiecne, teh EVC is moer reliable.

5. Did you change your oil prior to teh flash? Also, you could have filled your car with a bad batch of gas. These factors further hinder the perofrmance of your EVO. Having bad gas can be the cause of the detonation. Post teh Dyno sheet for all to view.

6. Al advised to increase boost, however you declined to do so. Therefore, your results are not waht you expected.

Joe, I think you expected too much, while limiting them how they should tune you car. Al advises that all EVOS with similar mods to get a fuel pump. Also, give him chances to redeem himself (at least one more), and if that fails, then request for your refund. As a businessman, he is trying to satisfy you at all cost before he refunds you that money. Now thats good CS.

Joe, my advice to you, get a fuel pump, allow AL to turn up the boost a tad ( you can always turn it down yourself), and the results with speak for it self. At the end I think an apology is owed.
Old Nov 11, 2003, 08:10 AM
Evolved Member

i have a feeling this is gonna end up where it did last time.
Old Nov 11, 2003, 08:18 AM
In Timeout

As much **** as I give Al I think he is right on this one. ****bag would get a spanking I bet if daddy knew what he did to the new car he bought his punk *** son. Or he is flat *** broke and if he gets a flat he will be driving around on the spare for months.
Old Nov 11, 2003, 08:28 AM
MP5
In Timeout

Al was right but lets not make this another mysterious gas issue. The car looks to still be pig rich so the det and fuel arent the cause of less power it was the customer. I dont think this or any guy who specifies they want something and get what they asked for is entitled to free dyno time- especially after coming on here and hurting reps- negative customers cant undo what they said.
Old Nov 11, 2003, 08:31 AM
Evolved Member

i have a feeling this is gonna end up where it did last time
I hope not. This thread is not to flame Joe, but to educate him. I really wished Joe couldve called me and tell me about this problem before posting it on the forums.
Old Nov 11, 2003, 08:45 AM
Evolving Member

Jim you dont understand what kind of STUFF he said to me to **** ME OFF to do this. When I told him I want a full refund
He tells me I DIDNT GET DYNOFLASH I GOT SPECIAL TUNE FLASH
so no refund. And he was cursing disrespecting me how do you expect me TO trust him again to TUNE my car ??
This whole point was HIM NOT GIVING ME REFUND when I asked him nicely thats why it ended up ugly, I must have spent good 2 3 hours talking listening to his insult to me.
Old Nov 11, 2003, 08:49 AM
Evolving Member

If he was nice to me and did not disrespect me Why do you think I WOULDNT let him tune my car ?? ? I am so serious you may not beleive me but its ok, my Point was WHEN HE TRYS TO SCHEME me out of this and gave me BS I just had it man.
Old Nov 11, 2003, 08:52 AM
Evolving Member

The only reason WHY I OFFER HIM 200 dollars and keep the FLASH was because he wouldnt refund me the first place so I try to cut a deal with him by saying GIVE ME BACK Just 200 dollar.
Old Nov 11, 2003, 08:59 AM
Evolving Member

Honestly I even said ITS NOT HIS PRODUCT THATS bad its his ATTITUDE and DIRTY personality that pissed me off so badly.
Think about someone pulls some dirty **** on you and then OFFER to retune your car, now what kind of IMAGE does he give you already why would you go back. Everyone On this Board KNOWS and EXPECTS dynoflashed to be at least a good safe 20 to 25 HP thats why we got it ?? If i know a safe tune means 13whp I would not even bother with 400 dollar.
Old Nov 11, 2003, 09:02 AM
Evolving Member

I have been reading posts for a couple of weeks now trying to decide about what tuner to go with for Evo upgrades. I have no doubt that Al has produced quality work for many customers but I can't help but notice that he is very unprofessional. I don't doubt at all from reading some of his posts that he disrespected that angry customer. I would not go with Dynoflash for that reason. It may not bother some people to have a little cussing and trash talking from their mechanic but to a new customer or somebody that they don't know very well??? That is disrespectful and says alot about a person's character!
Old Nov 11, 2003, 09:03 AM
Evolved Member

Joe, maybe he insulted you because of your constant complaining. Give people a chance to let them do waht you paid them to do. If you have questions, confront him with them before and after the process, not in between. I kno it very annoying to be interrrupted constantly while I work on peoples car. I hope you can resolve this and be a happy dynoflashed customer. Call me if you need me to talk to AL.
Old Nov 11, 2003, 09:08 AM
Evolving Member

Jim U want to beleive Al then go ahead, I am not going to stop you but U dont even know the truth and U WANT ME to APOLOGIZE to him for what ??? Just cuz I told everyone the truth about his character ?? LoL must be a joke apparantly
hes doing a good job covering up his ****
Old Nov 11, 2003, 09:14 AM
Evolved Member

Joe, I am trying to avoid taking sides, rather I want to mediate this whole situation. I am fimilar with his personality. On the dynoflash day, he went above and beyond while tuning everyones car. He even took 3 hours tuning Pauls car.

And I didnt say I didnt believe you. Plus, disregard my suggestion for an apology.

Last edited by EvoJimbo; Nov 11, 2003 at 09:18 AM.
Old Nov 11, 2003, 09:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think we went through all of this in the previous posts - but here we go again just to set the record straight with the true facts

Joe was offered the special Evo NY member discount which means after I pay 200 for the dyno time - I make 200 for my reflash. I accomidated his request for a Monday appointment and spent a lot of time answering his questions over the past few weeks

His car has the HKS suction kit which causes the cars to read lean

He was having about 12.8 a/f's at 4500 rpms falling staight down to 10.00 at 6500

We normally run two or three base line runs on each car to make sure we get a good starting point - the knock meter was flashing contsant red warning detonation ! So the car was unsafe to even operate at full load - the car had only 19.5 psi of boost

The base line was 271 whp

I gave him my HKS suction base line and the car made 280 whp

Thereafter I tweaked the a/f curves and ign timing on the map and after two passes I had 297 whp on the screen

Thats when Joe started to whine like a little sissy

"I am scared, thats too much power, please don't make any more power. This is a daily driver, I need to log many miles each day. I can not afford to have this car break."

I told him there was nothing to worry about, that his car could easily break 300 whp just like JIM's car did and it would be very safe

Joe would have NONE of this and insisted that we NOT raise his boost to 21 psi as I wanted to and also insisted that I stay under 300 whp

THIS is the reason why I told him his tune was NOT a standard Dyno Flash - it was a customer directed custom tune at his request

It took me a total of two hours on the dyno to produce a nearly flast power band at 287 whp that had zero knock and a really conservative a/f ratio.

At the conclusion of his tune - to verify TOTAL safety - we ran his car in 4th gear all the way up to 110 mph and did an immediate back to back run and the tune was perfect under those heat soak conditions

We went for a test drive and Joe drove his car and he was telling us all how much smoother it was and how much faster it was

Then - exhibiting some significant mental health issues - he starts IM'ing me - calling me pn the phone and emailing me asking WHY he didn't make more HP ??????

Well JOE - as I said on the phone - if you hadn't acted like a SISSY girly boy whinning non stop for two hours about how scared you were of making too much whp - then you would be over 300 whp !

Its totally irrational that this jerk argues with me at the dyno shop when I try and convince him it would be safe to go to 300 whp then after a lot of discussion I DO WHAT HE TELLS ME TO DO - I run a safe - SUPER SAFE - tune

How could any MAN with honor tell someone to detune his car an then try and use it as an excuse to ask for a partial refund

As for nasty talk with this clown - I was very diplimatic with him - spending well over an hour asnwering his questions and discussing this subject until I started to get IM's and phone calls from other people asking me if it was true that this guy's dyno flash only made 7 whp?

I was very upset he would lie - flat out misrepresent his results to others and started to confront him with the facts.

Thats when I was alerted to his POST of this forum bad mouthing us and not telling the truth.

In spite of his mental insantity, LIES and threats to ruin my business by saying bad things about me - I still offered him the following options:

1 - FULL refund $400.00 - If he came back to get a flash back to stock

2 - A free re-tune to get him the 300 whp

Instead this guy has invented his own option - GIVE him a $200.00 refund and let him keep the flash - meaning I make nothing for my time and efforts dealing with this nut job

I am sorry - you can't have your cake and eat it also in this lifetime

You can't get your money back and keep the goods!!!!!

At this point - all options are OFF the table with this guy. I will NOT touch his car and he is on his own.

Last edited by Alfriedesq; Nov 11, 2003 at 09:32 AM.
Old Nov 11, 2003, 09:21 AM
Evolved Member

Thats when Joe started to whine like a little sissy
What was he whinning about??? I dont get it based on your statements, he made 26whp from his original baseline.

Quick Reply: Jinu0808 and Dynoflash