Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Buschur exhausts, a comparison...

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2003, 09:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by 4G63>OOOO
The magnaflow option is just them sending you a magnaflow muffler welded in place of their own.
Yes, 3" turboback, no cat. The car might be too quiet with a cat, and I kinda dig the stink.
Jarrod went over the pricing above, and I don't know if I'd go with anything else. From my experience, the Magnaflow is the best out there for someone looking for gains without a lot of attention. There are TONS of mufflers out there, pick one that fits you. (Sorry to sound like a Sobe radio ad)

If you're considering something, want something that won't put a huge dent in your wallet, fits well, but doesn't perk the ears up of every cop when you cruise by, the BR magnaflow's the way to go.

No affiliation, just a very happy customer, albeit one that had to do battle with a poor fitting Stromung on my last car that broke something every other week.
The system that you try from BR with their exhaust was with a delete cat pipe ? So im sure if you would use a highflow cat that BR has available with the system it would be a lot more quiet .
Also i have a question for Buschur , the clip that you have of the BR exhaust system with your BR muffler , is that with a delete pipe also or thats with a highflow cat ???

Also anyone has a dyno sheet of what gains are expect it for this system ? either the BR exhaust or magnaflow with a highflow cat 3' or delete pipe (which IMO i wouldnt purchase i prefer the highflow cat )
Im current in the market for an exhaust system and im comparing the BR exhaust toi the AVO , the only thing with the AVO system is that its a 3' that tapers to a 2.5' to be able to use with a stock cat . Also gains of 20whp have been seen on the dyno and midrange up to 38whp .
Any info would be great since im debating with this 2 systems thanks ...
Old Nov 13, 2003, 12:40 AM
Evolved Member

i have rase this question before and also have PM buschur about it , but i get no response .....
Old Nov 13, 2003, 01:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
someone will respond one day...
Old Nov 13, 2003, 03:08 AM
Evolving Member

Re: Buschur exhausts, a comparison...

Originally posted by 4G63>OOOO
Hey all,
Just to add to the confusion here over which of the dozens of exhausts to choose from, I'll offer my two oxidized pennies:
I needed an exhaust and from cruising this forum, it seemed that the Buschur was a GREAT deal, considering he'll put any muffler on it and the laminar flow that you get from itlooks amazing in addition to making tons of power on the dyno. So I knew who I was getting it from, but I'm a low profile type of guy, so I'm not really into loud glasspacks letting all the cops know where I am. But the Evo kind of fits with that image, so I had internal conflicts. I couldn't decide, so I just got em both.
First, I put the BR can on when I initially installed the turboback. Very easy install, or so it seemed at the time. Put all the slipjoints as tight as they can go and started her up.
Damn, she's loud!
The buschur can sounds AMAZING at WOT, is quite loud, but amazingly, doesn't drone enough to give me a headache (YMMV). I loved the sound of it, but I kind of screwed up the fitment on it, so I had to get under the car anyway, and I can't just have a classy "MAGNAFLOW" paperweight, so I decided to swap em out.

Now, about the fitment, if you put the slip joints together tight, it'll rub. What I did was bolt in the downpipe to the 02 housing, take off the lower tiebars, slip the system together, but didn't clamp it until I had fitment of the rear section perfect. By perfect, I mean the last round hanger on the catback goes behind the rubber hanger that bolts to the subframe. Make sure muffler tip comes out of bumper at least 1/2 inch and doesn't come close enough to burn the bumper. Then, slip everything together equally and clamp her down tight. No exhaust paste needed, no leaks to speak of and more importantly, NO RUBBING OR VIBRATION IN THE CABIN.

Now, about the Magnaflow.
When I started her up this time, I was kind of dejected cause I was used to the angry rumble of the buschur can. While the BR sounds amazing in its own right, the Magnaflow is for a different type of person. I know there are a lot of ex-S4 guys out here, this system would be perfect for them. Sounds almost stock at idle, but when you want it to make sound, it's there. At WOT, it has the same sound as the buschur, if only at a slightly lower volume. Perfect daily driver muffler and you can hold conversations all day long in the car and no drone to speak of.

Bottom line, if you like something loud, stick with David's standard system.
If you're like me and have to talk to clients in the car and require something that doesn't permeate your soul, go with David's Magnaflow. It's a solidly built system either way, great welds (I love that ****) and great fitment if you take your time with it. I'm very happy that I got both, just so that I can make my neighbors run when I want to.

Once it's aligned right, you can swap out mufflers in about 20 minutes, 10 of which is getting tools and jackstands in place.

Joe
Did you notice a big weight difference with the magnaflow pan compared to the buschur.
Old Nov 13, 2003, 05:18 AM
Evolved Member

Yes, I got the system with no cat.
The Magnaflow is heavier.
Old Nov 13, 2003, 08:43 AM
Evolved Member

the only negative thing that i see on the system is the clamps instead of a flange at the end IMO . Everything else seems fine, isnt also the Vinshu (not starting an argument , since it has been discuss before) using the same magnaflow muffler on there cat back or turbo system ???
Old Nov 13, 2003, 08:58 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by GokuSSj4
the only negative thing that i see on the system is the clamps instead of a flange at the end ...
I believe the clamps are a positive thing. It makes the system lighter and provides a tighter seal. David or Jarod may want to chime in...
Old Nov 13, 2003, 09:17 AM
Evolved Member

I've worked with systems with clamps and with flanges and while slip fits are a pain sometimes, for clearance issues, I'd rather have a slip fit with clamps. There just isn't adequate room underneath for a good 3 bolt flange and you get zero adjustments with a flange system. Plus, you don't need to go hunting around for gaskets every time you change something or have to play with the exhaust for some reason. Finding gaskets for a 3" pipe is a PITA, btdt.
Old Nov 13, 2003, 10:37 AM
Evolved Member

i see , gaskets can be a pain sometimes . Whats the weight difference between the vinshu which is a nice set up also compare to the BR with magnaflow . I know that BR has a very light system ..
Old Nov 14, 2003, 01:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
We don't have any dyno sheets on our muffler VS the Magnaflow. I also don't know which particular muffler Vishnu is using on their systems. Magnaflow offers a ton of different mufflers. This is the only Magnaflow that fit in the dimensions we had to work with, that is why it was chosen. The only differences in the two systems in my opinion are going to be the Magnaflow being quieter and heavier. The performance should be the same.

Also the highflow cat flows more than stock and made more power on the dyno. It also quiets the systems down a ton.

Someone asked about the exhaust sound clip we have up. We don't personally have one up, so I'm not sure which one you are referring to.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old Nov 14, 2003, 02:54 PM
Evolved Member

I think they're talking about the vid someone posted of Tym blasting off the line at Norwalk.
Old Nov 14, 2003, 03:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Anyone have a pic of what the Buschur system looks like with the magnaflow muffler in place?
Old Nov 17, 2003, 06:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
The video of Tym blasting off the line at Norwalk is with our full BR 3" system. No cat and our lightweight muffler on the car.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old Nov 17, 2003, 07:27 AM

Originally posted by Creamo3
Anyone have a pic of what the Buschur system looks like with the magnaflow muffler in place?
check out www.machevo.com for the sound clip and a snap shot of it in the exhaust section =)

//chris