Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Kiggly HLA Pressure regulator, worth doing?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2010, 07:00 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RSMike
are you serious?
you quoted the person that developed and designed this part...
and you question the exact thing he says?

Is this a joke? i dont get it
no joke its a simple question would there be more oil pressure . Dont need your smart *** comments just like to know be for i buy
Old Dec 23, 2010, 07:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
It should increase oil pressure a little.
Old Dec 23, 2010, 08:23 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
This is a must do mod for any built car IMO. I have had nothing great great results with this mod. I would also suggest getting the AMS oil pan so you have 1.5q of extra oil and this will help save your turbo from oil starvation. A major problem with the FP Blacks due to it "hitting" so hard. It will keep the oil from moving to the back of the pan away from the pick-up.

Also I personally saw higher oil pressure due to this mod. 10 higher accross the board. This mod along with AMS pan will help you save your bearings. Another key to saving your bearing and making them last longer is to not run high timing. I am running pump timing with E85. Also keeping tq below 500-550 with steel rods will help save your bearings as well.

Mikey
Old Dec 23, 2010, 08:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by BLKCarbonEVO
This is a must do mod for any built car IMO. I have had nothing great great results with this mod. I would also suggest getting the AMS oil pan so you have 1.5q of extra oil and this will help save your turbo from oil starvation. A major problem with the FP Blacks due to it "hitting" so hard. It will keep the oil from moving to the back of the pan away from the pick-up.

Also I personally saw higher oil pressure due to this mod. 10 higher accross the board. This mod along with AMS pan will help you save your bearings. Another key to saving your bearing and making them last longer is to not run high timing. I am running pump timing with E85. Also keeping tq below 500-550 with steel rods will help save your bearings as well.

Mikey
Mikey-

Do you like your AMS oil pan? I was going to put one on my built 2.0 - however, MAP advised against it, saying that fitment was poor and AMS's response was to use more RTV.

What is your opinion? Did you find fitment to be poor?

Thanks,

-Bink
Old Dec 23, 2010, 09:20 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by binky
Mikey-

Do you like your AMS oil pan? I was going to put one on my built 2.0 - however, MAP advised against it, saying that fitment was poor and AMS's response was to use more RTV.

What is your opinion? Did you find fitment to be poor?

Thanks,

-Bink
Bink,

I love the AMS pan... No fitment problems at all. The only thing is I had to re-route my dump becuase the dump tube was in the way. Other than that, no problem at all.

My car doesn't have RTV anywhere!!! Chris prob told you to not buy the AMS pay and send them your stock one so they can modify it for you so they can make more money off of you... idk why they would say they had fitment problems. Maybe the design of the one they had was flawed...

Mikey
Old Dec 23, 2010, 09:30 AM
Evolved Member

Bink,

I love the AMS pan... No fitment problems at all. The only thing is I had to re-route my dump becuase the dump tube was in the way. Other than that, no problem at all.

My car doesn't have RTV anywhere!!! Chris prob told you to not buy the AMS pay and send them your stock one so they can modify it for you so they can make more money off of you... idk why they would say they had fitment problems. Maybe the design of the one they had was flawed...

Mikey
Word, thanks for the response.

FWIW, Chris said just to use the stock oil pan, never mentioned anything about modifying my stock one.

-Bink
Old Dec 23, 2010, 09:37 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by binky
Word, thanks for the response.

FWIW, Chris said just to use the stock oil pan, never mentioned anything about modifying my stock one.

-Bink
I wouldn't stay with the stock pan if you track any... DD it may be okay, however sprinted driving on the road can effect your pick-up. I wouldn't chance it on a nice build. Just get the AMS! I'm sending you a pm

Mikey
Old Dec 23, 2010, 09:49 AM
Evolved Member

I wouldn't stay with the stock pan if you track any... DD it may be okay, however sprinted driving on the road can effect your pick-up. I wouldn't chance it on a nice build. Just get the AMS! I'm sending you a pm

Mikey

Back at you

-Bink
Old Dec 23, 2010, 10:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
If your on a budget, buschur mods the stock pan for $150+shipping. Looks like it will be very effective.
Old Dec 23, 2010, 10:07 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by n2oiroc
If your on a budget, buschur mods the stock pan for $150+shipping. Looks like it will be very effective.
Correct, for the price you can't go wrong and it should be just about as effective as the AMS pan minus the crank scrapper however, I like the fact of the AMS pan having a larger sump. Having more oil is always a good thing!

Mikey
Old Dec 23, 2010, 11:36 AM
Evolved Member

The AMS pan was documented to have fitment problems when it was first released (IIRC it is a moroso pan), but those issues may have been addressed / resolved by now as that was several years ago .
Old Dec 23, 2010, 11:41 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by cij911
The AMS pan was documented to have fitment problems when it was first released (IIRC it is a moroso pan), but those issues may have been addressed / resolved by now as that was several years ago .
Good to know had me worried, I've been sitting on mine for months now waiting to complete my set up. btw just ordered the kiggly hla...
Old Dec 23, 2010, 11:54 AM
Evolved Member

I have an installed pic at home. I'll be leaving for in about 30min and I'll post it when I get home for you guys.

jk found one here at work.

Kiggly HLA Pressure regulator, worth doing?-5jmhw.jpg

Mikey

Last edited by BLKCarbonEVO; Dec 23, 2010 at 12:00 PM.
Old Dec 23, 2010, 12:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts
Does this reduce the actual flow into the head ports or just under the valve cover?

Basically what I'm trying to figure out is, will this reduce the oil pressure for the turbo oil feed line from the head ?
Old Dec 24, 2010, 02:56 PM
Evolved Member

no it only reduces flow to the HLA's nothing else
http://media.photobucket.com/image/d...isc/18Loil.jpg
Name:  18Loil.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  56.3 KB

Quick Reply: Kiggly HLA Pressure regulator, worth doing?