Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Looking at thick (long lasting) clutches for 300-350 wtq.

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2010, 09:04 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ahh too expensive =) i think the twins i have seen are over a grand..
Old May 17, 2010, 09:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Xearo
ahh too expensive =) i think the twins i have seen are over a grand..
It sounds like a lot but it comes with a flywheel. Price out any single disk kit worth buying and you're looking at $500 or more without a flywheel. Add a nice flywheel and you're getting darn near the twin price.
Old May 19, 2010, 07:59 AM
Evolving Member

yeah im looking at about 720 shipped with a fly wheel. Im also scared to install a twin disk haha. Are twin disks supposed to last a while? I read a post about the excedy twin disk having a really short life span?.
Old May 19, 2010, 08:04 AM

look into competition clutchs,
Old May 19, 2010, 12:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
How many miles did your stock clutch last? Maybe all you need is slight upgrade from stock something like the exedy stage 1.

As far as a recommendation.... I hate ACT clutches. I bet I could find hundreds of people that have had lock out and engagment issues. That being said I have a couple evo owning friends that did go with the ACT HDSS clutch and haven't had a single issue. They autox, drag, and road race and the car feels and drives like stock. I think they were lucky. You may want to PM TTP Engineering as they offer a "special" act clutch that is claimed to be issue free.

Again .... I would rather try an ebay clutch than purchase another ACT product but I try to somewhat fair from time to time.
Old May 19, 2010, 12:38 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jeff_Jeske
How many miles did your stock clutch last? Maybe all you need is slight upgrade from stock something like the exedy stage 1.

As far as a recommendation.... I hate ACT clutches. I bet I could find hundreds of people that have had lock out and engagment issues. That being said I have a couple evo owning friends that did go with the ACT HDSS clutch and haven't had a single issue. They autox, drag, and road race and the car feels and drives like stock. I think they were lucky. You may want to PM TTP Engineering as they offer a "special" act clutch that is claimed to be issue free.

Again .... I would rather try an ebay clutch than purchase another ACT product but I try to somewhat fair from time to time.
Just don't buy anything from Gripforce or "F1" clutches. Those are ebay garbage. There are a bunch of shops that won't even install them due to complaints down the road.

I am using the HDTTP singledisc ACT clutch with no problems. 551whp on HTA86 and HFS-1 Aquamist meth injection.
Old May 19, 2010, 06:22 PM
Evolving Member

hmm... i would like to go with an excedy cuz excedy actually manufactures the clutch them selves. But the deals from MAP and Gruppe S have act clutches in there clutch/flywheel combos. I dont want my **** to break.
Old May 19, 2010, 06:35 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 129 Likes on 97 Posts
Originally Posted by Xearo
hmm... i would like to go with an excedy cuz excedy actually manufactures the clutch them selves. But the deals from MAP and Gruppe S have act clutches in there clutch/flywheel combos. I dont want my **** to break.
Get the Exedy. I've seen deals on them.
Old May 19, 2010, 07:08 PM
Evolving Member

Sheesh - i have never had so much indecision in my self over buying something!! But then again this is pretty important.