Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

coolant temp goes from 192 to 206....why?

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2010, 12:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My apologies. I was going off your info on your other thread in which you stated that you smelled coolant coming from your exhaust. It appears to be just a tuning issue. Good luck.
Old May 25, 2010, 07:14 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
idk if i smelled coolant haha...i was just freaking out and probably put it in my head....i need a professional to look at the car because i suck at diagnosing things
Old May 25, 2010, 08:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by evo4life400
idk if i smelled coolant haha...i was just freaking out and probably put it in my head....i need a professional to look at the car because i suck at diagnosing things
Wait, i thought your tuner was looking at it? I stopped trying to help when you told me the tuner was looking at it.

I will go on the record and say, i never believed it was your head gasket. The symptoms you're giving me point to a bad tune. Your Datalogs also point to a bad tune, but we can't be much help if your tuner didn't datalog the needed points and there was no wideband o2s. So, go get it checked out by a professional or install a WBo2s(preferably a Innovate LC-1) and get a tactrix cable(download ECUFlash and EvoScan) so i can help you.
Old May 25, 2010, 12:30 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by iTune
Wait, i thought your tuner was looking at it? I stopped trying to help when you told me the tuner was looking at it.

I will go on the record and say, i never believed it was your head gasket. The symptoms you're giving me point to a bad tune. Your Datalogs also point to a bad tune, but we can't be much help if your tuner didn't datalog the needed points and there was no wideband o2s. So, go get it checked out by a professional or install a WBo2s(preferably a Innovate LC-1) and get a tactrix cable(download ECUFlash and EvoScan) so i can help you.
im dropping it off tomorrow night to have it all looked at and get a retune...i have a feeling the knock is from me fixing the throttle body to be honest...when he was tuning it, we didnt know the throttle body shaft seals were bad until i started driving around and the car would stall when i push the clutch in and out fast at lights

i do have some logs i found that i can email you ITune...i have boost, air fuel, knock, timing etc....evom wont let me upload the file because its too big

thanks a lot for your help
Old May 25, 2010, 05:21 PM
Evolving Member

dropping the car off tomorrow night!! hopefully i can get closer to 400whp once the problem is solved....say byebye clutch