Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Ralliart ECU

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2003, 06:39 PM
bme

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ralliart ECU

Just bought an Evo VIII and thinking of installing a Ralliart Sports ECU. Can anybody tell me what the power gains might be and if I would need to upgrade other parts of the engine to accomodate the increase in power

Thanks
Old Nov 13, 2003, 06:59 PM
Evolved Member

Who are you going to buy a "Ralliart Sports ECU" from? I have not heard of this.
Old Nov 13, 2003, 07:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Do you live in the US? If so, there is not one available yet for it.
Old Nov 13, 2003, 07:03 PM
Evolving Member

If it is the JDM ECU it will not work, it is programed to work with AYC and ACD.
Old Nov 13, 2003, 07:04 PM
Evolved Member

If you live in the US, and get your hands on a Ralliart ECU from somewhere outside the US, it won't work on your car. The US Evo VIII has a different plug set up on the ECU than the rest of the world.

SC~
Old Nov 13, 2003, 07:11 PM
bme

Sourced the Ralliart ECU from the Japanese and German Ralliart sites. Can be bought in most Asian and European countries. Also, just spoke to my mechanic on the phone, he mentioned a power increase of around 10 - 20 horses. Wanted to varify these figures...

BTW, what other performance ECU's are out there for the EVO VIII that's worth exploring?
Old Nov 13, 2003, 07:14 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
dynoflash is a reflash, xede is a piggy back of sort, works rally reflash, upcoming x-flash, upcoming utec piggy back of sort, many options, many satisfied customers.
Old Nov 13, 2003, 07:18 PM
bme

Bought a Jap spec EVO VIII and I live in Malaysia. BTW, when installing aftermarket ECU's, do the ECU's set-up the car accordingly (i.e. fuel intake, air, etc) or does one need to modify other parts of the engine to accomodate for the increase in bhp
Old Nov 13, 2003, 07:32 PM
Evolved Member

I'm not saying that this isn't a good site, but you might be better off checking with the guys on the MLR boards since they would have cars with the same or similar specs to yours.

Old Nov 13, 2003, 07:33 PM
Evolving Member

The ECU and ACD are 2 seperate black box in the JDM EVO 7/8. There are a few aftermarket ECU and ACD, Ralliart, Tomei, Mines... the ECUs suppose to increase power, remove the 180 km/h speed limit, raise the rev limited.
I tried Ralliart and Tomei on my Evo 7. The Tomei is more powerful and more responsive but poorer fuel economy.
I wonder a ECU reflash can do the same.
Old Nov 14, 2003, 01:45 AM
Evolving Member

I have the Ralliart Sports ECU installed in my 7. Based on the dyno, it gained about 10-15 hp at the wheels compared to the stock ECU. I think it is mapped for 100 octane gas that's why it is not producing much gains.

You can hardly feel any improvement in power, except that the engine runs smoother.

I suggest you get a programmable ECU like HKS F-Con V Pro or Motec or Autronics. There are a lot of those in Malaysia. Here in the Philippines, no one knows how to bypass the immobilizer in the ECU so I was forced to get the Ralliart ECU which also has the immobilizer like the stock. To make it programmable, what I intend to do is get a piggy-back ECU like Greddy E-Manage and adapt it to the Ralliart ECU. But if you don't want a programmable one, the best I think is Mines. It will work well with your evo since it's RHD (same specs as those in Japan).
Old Nov 14, 2003, 02:10 AM
bme

Thanks Tanders, appreciate the feedback.
Old Jan 27, 2009, 03:59 AM

Re-openning a 6year old thread....

I was wondering whether the Ralliart ECU can be reflashed? I heard that it has more parameters to be set?

Appreciate if someone can shed some light on this.
Old Jan 27, 2009, 06:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
maybe.. but why spend money to get a ralliart ecu when you can reflash your stock ecu and make it gain much more than what the ralliart ecu can give.
Old Jan 27, 2009, 07:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
OpenECU/ECUFlash; its free and has a lot of potential and flexibility. No reason to pay for some expensive ECU when you stock one is just as capable in the hands of a competent tuner!

Quick Reply: Ralliart ECU