Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

What would you do next?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2010, 10:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well as soon as I can sell my cobb AP, I'm hoping to pick up some i/c piping. I suppose I can put the 9 turbo on, but what kind of power can i expect to make over the 8 turbo w/10.5 hotside? If its only gonna get me like 10-15 whp, then Id rather pick up a forge wga to try and hold more boost and sell the turbo for like $500 or so and put it towards something else.
Old Jun 4, 2010, 10:48 AM
Evolved Member

Alright well lets try this route

for the round 1 mods
- buschur racing ported intake manifold
- buchur racing ported manifold
- boomba 75mm throttle body
- injectors and a retune

probably around $1200 after all said and done. assuming you can install those items yourself.
Old Jun 4, 2010, 10:52 AM

What kind of gains would that produce? 25-30 whp? If I'm gonna spend 1200ish, might as well pick up a used fpgreen or send my 9 turbo in to get upgraded to a green or bbk
Old Jun 4, 2010, 11:12 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by screwdgie
What kind of gains would that produce? 25-30 whp? If I'm gonna spend 1200ish, might as well pick up a used fpgreen or send my 9 turbo in to get upgraded to a green or bbk
Thats exactly what I would do for that kind of money, send that thing to Fp for a HTA green or too CBRD for a BBK Full. You'll be sittin pretty then...
Old Jun 4, 2010, 11:16 AM

Yea hp/$ wise, thats definitely the best option for me. Don't have the cash for it at the moment though, so maybe next spring. I suppose for now I might just do the intercooler piping, tweak the tune, and start saving for something bigger and better
Old Jun 4, 2010, 11:34 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
If I were you I would look into getting a FP Black. Call up Robert at Forced Performance and get your IX turbo converted over. The Black is an amazing turbo and you will be very happy with the large improvement over the stock turbo. It would be an easy 550-575hp car with just mild bolt on mods. The upgrade to the black is only 1200 bucks. They don't advertise the upgrade on their website but they do it. Here is the link http://store.forcedperformance.net/m...ode=NTEVOBlack

Mikey
Old Jun 4, 2010, 11:37 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by BLKCarbonEVO
If I were you I would look into getting a FP Black. Call up Robert at Forced Performance and get your IX turbo converted over. The Black is an amazing turbo and you will be very happy with the large improvement over the stock turbo. It would be an easy 550-575hp car with just mild bolt on mods. The upgrade to the black is only 1200 bucks. They don't advertise the upgrade on their website but they do it. Here is the link http://store.forcedperformance.net/m...ode=NTEVOBlack

Mikey
Definitely a better route to go then a green if you plan to hit mid 500whp on the car. There is no sense upgrading the green and then changing it out in the future because you wanna make more power. Better to use that 1 time coupon (Evo IX Turbo) to upgrade to a black or red then to a green imo.
Old Jun 4, 2010, 11:44 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by wreckless969
Definitely a better route to go then a green if you plan to hit mid 500whp on the car. There is no sense upgrading the green and then changing it out in the future because you wanna make more power. Better to use that 1 time coupon (Evo IX Turbo) to upgrade to a black or red then to a green imo.
I totally agree! I think the OP would be more than happy with a Black. It only spools about 500 rpm slower than a stock IX turbo! The only people I tell to get the HTAGreen are the autox guys.

Mikey
Old Jun 4, 2010, 11:44 AM

Yea I suppose I'll start savin my pennies lol. I'm sure if I just throw the 9 turbo in there I will most likely be dissappointed. It's not that the car is slow right now, cuz it def. isn't, I can live with it for the next 8-10 months lol
Old Jun 4, 2010, 11:46 AM

I totally agree! I think the OP would be more than happy with a Black. It only spools about 500 rpm slower than a stock IX turbo! The only people I tell to get the HTAGreen are the autox guys.

Mikey
I probably won't even notice the difference in spool with the black, because my motor is 10.0:1 and pretty much makes instant boost right now
Old Jun 4, 2010, 11:47 AM
Evolved Member

Mikey
And whats wrong with the Red for AutoX?!

Makin over 400ft/lbs at 3500RPMs is pretty AutoX worthy in my book
Old Jun 4, 2010, 11:55 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by screwdgie
I probably won't even notice the difference in spool with the black, because my motor is 10.0:1 and pretty much makes instant boost right now
You are prob right. I'll know how the Black spool on my motor on Tuesday. I have a LR2.4 10.1 and it should cross the 200hp mark by 3500rpm is my guess.

Originally Posted by wreckless969
And whats wrong with the Red for AutoX?!

Makin over 400ft/lbs at 3500RPMs is pretty AutoX worthy in my book
The Red is a great turbo. I loved mine. I think it is just a bit lagy for a stock 2.0 if you are autox. Now if you had a built motor I would go Red instead of Green, jmo

Mikey
Old Jun 4, 2010, 11:57 AM
Evolved Member

This is what my Red looked like on my stock motor E85 on 30psi. I think that is just to lagy for autox. https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...red-535hp.html

Mikey
Old Jun 4, 2010, 11:59 AM
Evolved Member

This is what my Red looked like on my stock motor E85 on 30psi. I think that is just to lagy for autox. https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...red-535hp.html

Mikey
Yeah I'd agree with you there. I'm going with a 2.3 w/ a 10:1 CR so it should be pretty sick.
Old Jun 4, 2010, 11:59 AM
Evolving Member

get a 30or35R you paid all that money for a built engine so use it. Stock frame turbo on a built engine is like a butherface girl, in the long run you really want the whole package man, even if that means waiting longer to get it.

Quick Reply: What would you do next?