Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

575 whp Evo spec sheet

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2003, 01:51 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would imagine a stronger launch would get you around 1.5 60' times? You appear to be capapble of low 11's easy. Then it's more impressive that you are "babying" your car off the launch and still getting those times!

Originally posted by DynoFlash
Stock tires - not much spin in 1st becuase I baby it off the line and then get on it hard in 2nd gear when it does spin real hard

Hopefully someone will post up a video at some point
Old Nov 17, 2003, 02:49 PM
Account Disabled

Originally posted by GetterDragun
I would imagine a stronger launch would get you around 1.5 60' times? You appear to be capapble of low 11's easy. Then it's more impressive that you are "babying" your car off the launch and still getting those times!

I had lots of practice R & R 'ing blown transmissions in my WRX - my days of hard launching are over

I prefer to make MORE HP and launch easy

I once saw a DSM which rolled out a 1.9 60' and reached 135 mph - that is the way I am looking to go !!!

IF some one beat my time - then I might be tempted to take a few chances
Old Nov 17, 2003, 03:29 PM
Account Disabled

Maybe I missed something but where you on the 575whp "tune"? The trap speed is about 13-14mph off what I would expect for that kind of power. Maybe I missed something?
Old Nov 17, 2003, 03:49 PM
Account Disabled

Originally posted by Geovannie
Maybe I missed something but where you on the 575whp "tune"? The trap speed is about 13-14mph off what I would expect for that kind of power. Maybe I missed something?
You didnt miss anything - I de-tuned the car to 490 - 500 whp for the race - I am not looking to break any driveline parts - it was enough power to stay #1
Old Nov 17, 2003, 06:32 PM
Evolving Member

So Al, why is it that if you were going to use race gas, (and spray for that matter) you would de-tune your ride? I mean, you have already put the drive train parts through a lot of stress, and you have stressed them on the dyno probably more then they would be in a drag race where the center diff didn't have to work so hard. Not to mention that this was a big deal, you knew that you were going to get kicked out of the track after you made a run.

Did you detune your first run with spray? I don;t understand why you would still sue the spray and NX cooler which you said added 50+ hp to your car and still have it de tuned? If the 35 shot was working, and the 50+ hp you got from using the NX cooler, how was it that the two runs were so close? I guess I am just draying a blank...
Old Nov 17, 2003, 07:28 PM
Account Disabled

Originally posted by Mean TT
So Al, why is it that if you were going to use race gas, (and spray for that matter) you would de-tune your ride? I mean, you have already put the drive train parts through a lot of stress, and you have stressed them on the dyno probably more then they would be in a drag race where the center diff didn't have to work so hard. Not to mention that this was a big deal, you knew that you were going to get kicked out of the track after you made a run.

Did you detune your first run with spray? I don;t understand why you would still sue the spray and NX cooler which you said added 50+ hp to your car and still have it de tuned? If the 35 shot was working, and the 50+ hp you got from using the NX cooler, how was it that the two runs were so close? I guess I am just draying a blank...
- B/c the car was running almost no timing and pig rich on nos - I wanted to take no chance to blow up the motor and did not trust my new stand alone to be accurate enough to go to the edge

I am very nervous with nitrous after seeing some recent cases of serious engine failure from running it too lean and with too much advance

I may be nervous and I may play it safe - but I am still #1 and my car is still running !

The all turbo pass was almost as fast becuase I did not hit the nos till after 1st gear and 4th gear was breaking up

The all turbo pass also had much mor ign timing as was running a lot leaner