Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

BR billet rear diff supports, improved.

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2010, 11:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
BR billet rear diff supports, improved.

A few years ago we built our billet aluminum side differential supports. This part was designed to hold the rear diff in place and completely eliminate any movement all while saving 5 pounds over the stock supports. It has worked flawlessly but.............

The vibrations in some EVO's is just not tolerable after installing the side diff supports, mustache bar and solid engine mounts, my RS is one of those cars. If you are building a full race car it makes no difference, mount everthing as solid as possible and go race. While my car was tolerable to me in the past that has changed and I could no longer stand the noise and vibration.

My first step to try to get rid of some of the noise and vibration was to machine our side diff supports to accept a set of urethane bushings. I did this two weeks ago and installed them in the car. The difference is absolutely night and day, I'd say 90% of the noise/vibration I was not happy with is done. I am still running a front and rear "solid" engine mount and our mustache bar in the back, the car has NO soundening in it at all, so to say it's a major improvement means quite a bit.

If you currently have our side diff supports and want to send them in to have them machined to have bushings pressed in we can do it, the price for the machine work is the killer but we can do it, the cost is $245 for the machinging and the bushings etc. This will include stock mustache bar urethane bushings too, useless if you are running our mustache bar or AMS delete kit.

In the future we will be having our side diff supports CNC'd to begin with to accept the urethane bushings and the price of the kits will be reasonable. Right now it's a PITA to machine existing mounts to accept the bushings but I do want to put the option out there.

Here are some pictures of the mounts with the bushings in them:

Old Jun 28, 2010, 12:20 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ever innovating, never imitating and good is never good enough. This is why I like Buschur Racing parts.
Old Jun 28, 2010, 12:29 PM
Evolving Member

lol all i could think of while reading this was...."ok, BR old-man mod #1."

good stuff dave.
Old Jun 28, 2010, 12:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Awesome...I need to pick these up soon!! DB is the man! haha...
Old Jun 28, 2010, 12:43 PM
Evolving Member

Any idea when it would be available for purchase w/ the polyurethane ?
Old Jun 28, 2010, 02:16 PM
Evolved Member

We can build them now with the urethane in them from new sets on the shelves but they have to be machined, so it makes the pricing on a new set $520. To be dead honest, $520 makes the mod not worth it to most people, it's a 5 pounds weight savings and more rigid mounting but you have to weight the cost. When we get them machined from the start to accept the urethane bushings the cost will be under $350. I won't have them available like that though until we go through the 15 sets we just received, which could be a few months.

BTW, this wasn't my FIRST OLD MAN mod! haha Running TWO mufflers on a car that runs 9.0's was my first OLD MAN MOD! haha

44 years old in a few weeks, been modifying/racing/building 4g63's for 22 years, half my life now............where does time go?!
Old Jun 28, 2010, 02:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by davidbuschur
We can build them now with the urethane in them from new sets on the shelves but they have to be machined, so it makes the pricing on a new set $520. To be dead honest, $520 makes the mod not worth it to most people, it's a 5 pounds weight savings and more rigid mounting but you have to weight the cost. When we get them machined from the start to accept the urethane bushings the cost will be under $350. I won't have them available like that though until we go through the 15 sets we just received, which could be a few months.

BTW, this wasn't my FIRST OLD MAN mod! haha Running TWO mufflers on a car that runs 9.0's was my first OLD MAN MOD! haha

44 years old in a few weeks, been modifying/racing/building 4g63's for 22 years, half my life now............where does time go?!
im stupid. so bare with me.

if we have the solid mounts its 245.00 to have them machined for the new bushings.

if we buy them new there 520.00 with bushings.

are these stock or BR bushings? ''maybe stiffer then stock but not solid''

if i am correct with that my last 2 questions are, are the ones that are new the same bushings as if i sent mine in to be machined?

how long will it take once i send mine in?
Old Jun 28, 2010, 02:37 PM
Evolving Member

Good to know someone older than me still playing w/ evos. You don't know how many times I say I'm to old to be playing w/ these cars. Any ways I'll pick up a set regardless. Thanks
Old Jun 28, 2010, 02:43 PM
Account Disabled

nice!
dave you did the mod, see my bugging you thread worked :P

now to buy the mustache bar, poly bushings for it then wait a few to get the price cheaper on this and BAM! 18 pounds lost hehe
Old Jun 28, 2010, 03:00 PM
Evolved Member

It's really not that confusing. $245 to send in existing mounts to be machined and sent back with urethane bushings in them. $520 for our billet mounts machined and fitted with the bushings. They are poly urethane bushings, not a BR part.
Old Jul 1, 2010, 02:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Just recieved and installed these. Time to install: ten minutes on the ground, easier than an oil change. Noise: Zero extra noise and most of my car is solid bushings, coilovers, ect. Gained some drivetrain response and eliminated the clunk on a hard 1-2 shift I was having, very happy!
Old Jul 1, 2010, 06:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
dave i want to send mine out. whats the turn around time?
Old Jul 1, 2010, 07:40 PM
Evolved Member

Very cool Curt, glad you didn't gain a bunch of noise!! Did the washers I shipped work out good? We had to machine those too.

Turn around time will be about a week Dan.
Old Jul 2, 2010, 02:51 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by davidbuschur
Very cool Curt, glad you didn't gain a bunch of noise!! Did the washers I shipped work out good? We had to machine those too.

Turn around time will be about a week Dan.

Washers were dead on. Took the car for a 20 mile hard drive, zero noise and much nicer feel in the back of the car, thanks again.
Old Jul 2, 2010, 06:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by CBRE
Just recieved and installed these. Time to install: ten minutes on the ground, easier than an oil change. Noise: Zero extra noise and most of my car is solid bushings, coilovers, ect. Gained some drivetrain response and eliminated the clunk on a hard 1-2 shift I was having, very happy!
Eliminated the clunk on the 1-2 upshift huh? Mine does that was well, scared the hell out of wife the other night "what the hell was that" while grabbing gears.

Quick Reply: BR billet rear diff supports, improved.