Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Clutch master cylinder leaking.

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2010, 09:40 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Question Clutch master cylinder leaking.

I dont own an evo but i figured you guys may have run into the same kind of problem. Our clutch master cylinders are a little different but im out of ideas and im frustrated. I have pulled this thing out and reinstalled around 15 times (not exaggerating) in the last 6 months. Here is the lowdown.

I put in an aftermarket ACT stage 3 clutch in my car about 2 years ago when i installed my turbo. At the time i didnt have a replacement throw out bearing so i used the OEM one. Car drove fine for over a year and a half. After this time the master cylinder started leaking out of the side access plate. I replaced it. The new one lasted about a month then did the same thing. I replaced it as well. It leaked after a month. I did this 2 more times with the same results. Finally i started thinking outside the box and sealed it myself. used heavy duty gasket sealant ect. It lasted about a month and a half then my clutch fork snapped. Thinking the pressure plate was just to much for the hydraulic system i downgraded.(even though i know multiple people with the same clutch and car an they have no issues). I then installed a new stage one ACT clutch,throw out bearing,clutch fork,slave,and master. This lasted a good month then it started leaking.So then i threw in the beefy one i made and it started leaking. The lines look fine and im out of ideas. It cant be the clutch because i know multiple people with the same car with aftermarket clutches an they have no issues. Any ideas would be appreciated.
Old Jun 30, 2010, 10:54 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Nothing? lol
Old Jun 30, 2010, 01:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Put the stock clutch back in and try it. Only advice I got.
Old Jun 30, 2010, 05:49 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Cant do the stock clutch. Car is boosted now. It fries it pretty quick.