Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Any 600+ Evos run a Turbosmart E-Boost2?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2010, 08:36 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any 600+ Evos run a Turbosmart E-Boost2?

Im curious about the turbosmart e-boost to ebc. I like the boost by gear options
really only needing it in 1st gear , but would be more convienent than flipping a switch or retuning the car on a solenoid through AEM.
I know Im just being lazy but am still curious as to any high hp evos usuing them
especially the boost by gear option. Any feedback pos or neg is appreciated. Thanks
Old Jul 5, 2010, 08:25 AM
Evolved Member

Id be interested to hear as well. I have a boost solenoid running through my aem but its a pain to change boost. I'd like over-boost protection and boost by gear or vehicle speed too.

I'm narrowed down to e-boost2 or hks evc VI
Old Jul 5, 2010, 12:35 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by HyboostN
Im curious about the turbosmart e-boost to ebc. I like the boost by gear options
really only needing it in 1st gear , but would be more convienent than flipping a switch or retuning the car on a solenoid through AEM.
I know Im just being lazy but am still curious as to any high hp evos usuing them
especially the boost by gear option. Any feedback pos or neg is appreciated. Thanks

in order to run the eboost-2 for boost by gear, you need to set up microswitches at the steeringwheel or the shifter gate and change them manually (@the wheel) or through shifting ( w/ a fabbed up bracket to hold the switcches at the shifter gate).

already talked to turbosmart's tech about it as i looked into the same thing, and this was my only choice(s) of making the boost by gear work.

y not just do a dual stage, and set the switch as a push-button on your steering wheel, or through a micro-switched shifter ball? easiest method imo as you really only need lower boost in 1st on higher hp cars.
Old Jul 5, 2010, 03:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
im not really sure of the average cost for a turbosmart e-boost but for $850 you can get the best boost controler on the market fwd guys love it and its used on a **** ton of high hp prostar ama bikes
http://www.turboelements.com/index.p...d&productId=74
Old Jul 5, 2010, 05:24 PM
Evolving Member

Yea I have a few honda friends running the NLR ebc, Theres no way in hell is it really neccessary for a awd car to need that.For that price too lol.But it is a badass product I do totally agree with you there. A solenoid through AEM will control boost by gear and everything in between. I was just looking for something quick and easy, that said the basic dual stage mbc will work too. Only the launch [1st gear] needs less boost, after that its game over.
Buschur just came out with a revised dual stage mbc and Ive used turbosmart's dual stage mbc that works great also.
Old Jul 5, 2010, 08:28 PM
Evolved Member

I used a TurboXS DTEC on my old STI and I was pretty impressed with the gear dependent boost control feature it had. Just took a little time to setup to work properly.

I also have the Buschur dual stage MBC and I had it wired into the AEM and at like 40MPH, it switched from low boost to high boost. I used this for a little while, but didn't see any difference in ET/MPH and just opted to leave it on high boost for the whole run.
Old Jul 6, 2010, 04:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yea I have a few honda friends running the NLR ebc, Theres no way in hell is it really neccessary for a awd car to need that.For that price too lol.But it is a badass product I do totally agree with you there. A solenoid through AEM will control boost by gear and everything in between. I was just looking for something quick and easy, that said the basic dual stage mbc will work too. Only the launch [1st gear] needs less boost, after that its game over.
Buschur just came out with a revised dual stage mbc and Ive used turbosmart's dual stage mbc that works great also.
yea i guess its not really neccessary if you only need it for (first) i think 9sec9 or one of those guys had used it on there evo.Im not sure how good the solenoid worked for you on aem but i had so much truble with mine on my honda the thing would hit boost cut all the time it was to twitchy

Last edited by mrboost05; Jul 6, 2010 at 04:49 PM.
Old Jul 6, 2010, 10:16 PM
Evolving Member

why not ecu controlled boost with tephra v7?
Old Jul 6, 2010, 10:29 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by [I.R.A.]_FBi
why not ecu controlled boost with tephra v7?
Car has AEM .
Old Jul 7, 2010, 12:22 AM
Evolving Member

easiest way imo just do wat slorice said, and have the aem input trigger a microswitch at an inputted mph (whatever is the mph at redline in 1st/begining of 2nd after shifting) on a dual stage mbc.

Last edited by norcalSRTrida; Jul 7, 2010 at 12:24 AM.
Old Jul 7, 2010, 12:24 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 332 Likes on 132 Posts
AEM doesn't do boost per gear?
or boost vs vehicle speed?
Old Jul 7, 2010, 08:55 AM
Evolved Member

I have the BR dual stage but I haven't launched the car with my high boost setup so I don't know how it feels nor have i tried to launch with it on low boost and than hit the switch like we discussed previously.
Old Jul 7, 2010, 04:03 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by RSMike
AEM doesn't do boost per gear?
or boost vs vehicle speed?
Of course it does. Im not ready to convert fully to that yet. Just checking all my options first. I may go with a dual stg mbc and go from there.
Old Jul 7, 2010, 04:56 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 332 Likes on 132 Posts
Of course it does. Im not ready to convert fully to that yet. Just checking all my options first. I may go with a dual stg mbc and go from there.
wouldn't the solenoid required to run the computer controlled boost be cheaper than a dual MBC setup?
and then it can be controlled and adjusted in car.
Old Jul 7, 2010, 06:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 70 Likes on 52 Posts
Not to impressed with the Turbosmart. Too much to setup and more than we need for most evos honestly. I would just setup the tables in the AEM. They are there, require no rewire, and are duty cycle based (or can be) so you can ramp vs vehicle speed fairly easy.

Aaron

Quick Reply: Any 600+ Evos run a Turbosmart E-Boost2?