Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Sent my Exhaust Manifold to Buschur for Porting & Jet Coating BUT....

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2010, 03:45 PM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thanks everyone that has contributed positive comments. I'm working on getting quotes from the folks you've suggested.

I would love Buschur to just sell me a ported and coated exhaust manifold - they have great feedback and it would be allot less hassle than shipping it off again to someone else and more waiting...but this is my DD and I've had it down for weeks already.

My wife is pissed as it is...
Old Jul 7, 2010, 04:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mchristian
Thanks everyone that has contributed positive comments. I'm working on getting quotes from the folks you've suggested.

I would love Buschur to just sell me a ported and coated exhaust manifold - they have great feedback and it would be allot less hassle than shipping it off again to someone else and more waiting...but this is my DD and I've had it down for weeks already.

Talk to Nick and see if he can help you with that situation good guy
Old Jul 7, 2010, 06:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by mchristian

Youre in Florida, why not just go to AWD motorsports for a Buschur Ported/coated manifold?? Theyre Buschurs largest dealer.
Old Jul 7, 2010, 06:42 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Svendiesel
Youre in Florida, why not just go to AWD motorsports for a Buschur Ported/coated manifold?? Theyre Buschurs largest dealer.
Where the hell were you a week ago brother?!?! Geeezus!!!
I wish I would have called AWD and asked if they had any in stock...hind sight is 20-20...ya know.

The problem is I called Buschur and told them what I wanted (and sending them) got my RA #, and Jarrod didn't tell me at the time that this was an issue...he called me back when he got my parts and said, "hey sorry but we don't have any ported/coated exhaust manifolds on hand right now and need 10 of them before the coater will take another batch...if you want to wait, it might be a few weeks until we have enough".

Simple mistake...that'll cost me a few more bucks elsewhere and a week or so of downtime.
Old Jul 7, 2010, 06:59 PM
Evolving Member

I plan on having AWD motorsports handle a new tune in a few weeks.
I'm currently tuned by Sean Ivey @ Iveytune and making around 345 hp, 326 tq.

Hoping with new 65mm throttlebody, ported intake & exhaust manifolds, Buschur fab'd O2 housing, EGR delete (with EGR head pathway plugged) and Magnus IM Heat Barrier Gasket...that I can pick up a bit more powa!
Old Jul 7, 2010, 11:29 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ChrisCarey
Thanks for the referral sir
pssstt i refferd first not trying to steal your thunder micheal, just saying ya know
Old Jul 8, 2010, 08:09 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by evo<3
pssstt i refferd first not trying to steal your thunder micheal, just saying ya know
Indeed you did, thanks to everyone that had kind words for us!
Old Jul 8, 2010, 08:26 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by evo<3
THUNDER STEALER!!!
Old Jul 9, 2010, 11:06 AM
Evolving Member

CHECK THIS PLACE OUT THEY DO A GREAT JOB www.jet-hot.com
Old Jul 9, 2010, 12:16 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Like others have said, hit up AWD Motorsports. They can get your mani coated.
Old Jul 9, 2010, 08:31 PM
Account Disabled

Surprised br hasn't chimed in. I wish I could get my ex mani ported by them but this waiting for tenn to b in at the same time is wack
Old Jul 9, 2010, 10:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Just get it ported and put the heat shield back on. That coating stuff is more of an appearance mod if you ask me.
Old Jul 10, 2010, 07:38 AM

^^...Isnt the coating supposed to control temperatures for a better flow or something like that??
Old Jul 10, 2010, 09:38 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
That is the word on the street ....but.... do you really think it does? I mean its just a thin coating that tends to chip off in a year.

I'm sure that a normal heat shield provides 10x the benefit.
Old Jul 10, 2010, 12:46 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Jeff_Jeske
That is the word on the street ....but.... do you really think it does? I mean its just a thin coating that tends to chip off in a year.

I'm sure that a normal heat shield provides 10x the benefit.
Have you ever had a ceramic coated parts on your car?

If the ceramic is done properly, it wont "chip off in a year".

Also, most quality ceramic coatings work, and work well. You can test them yourself just by touching the item after the engine has be running. The ceramic coated item will always feel cooler to the touch then the non ceramic counter part.

I also still keep all heat shields installed when using ceramic coated parts. Ceramic coating is not a replacement for heat shields, its added protection.

And ceramic coating keep the heat in the manifold or DP, which it turns keeps exhaust gas velocities high.

You are kinda right though. There are companies that do ceramic coating, but use poor methods/poor quality coating, that does end up flaking off or not working as advertised. Just like with any part or service, you just got to research it and go with someone respected in the ceramic coating biz.

(DISCLAIMER - Dont go run out and touch your hot manifold, etc. Use cation if trying to test ceramic coating with your hand/skin. I take no responsibility if you hurt/burn yourself. Do at your own risk.)

Quick Reply: Sent my Exhaust Manifold to Buschur for Porting & Jet Coating BUT....