Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

How many quarts of oil

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2010, 04:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Amsoil SSO here. i usualy fill the filter and put in 4 quarts then start her up for a minute then shut it down wait alittle bit and then top off accordingly
Old Jul 10, 2010, 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by apagan01
thanks for mentioning my name.

But racing or DD we can hook him up with some good oils.
Is there a huge difference between mobil 1 and amsoil that you can tell?
Old Jul 10, 2010, 04:40 PM
Evolved Member

im not gonna bother reading what others all said but do not go for exact 4.7 quarts. depending on variables, there is going to be some old oil left in there. i would recommend 4 quarts only, then check dipstick and add as necessary
Old Jul 10, 2010, 06:22 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by dabizkit
Is there a huge difference between mobil 1 and amsoil that you can tell?
there is a difference, specially if the non EP Mobil 1, also depends to wich AMSOIL flavor you are comparing to, mostly compared to ATM 10W30 ASMOIL whic is the oil mostly used here on evom.

i would be glad to start a thread to compare, or pm you with details or if the OP is ok i can compare in this thread,,, thats if you need me to compare with specs i can do.

Andy
Old Jul 10, 2010, 10:08 PM

Amsoil is good stuff but I am big fan of Mobil 1 EP. I would say a hard choice between the two because most Evo owners will want to change their oil before these extended drain intervals.
Old Jul 11, 2010, 07:50 PM

I already had purcahsed mobile 1 Ep. The original owner ran that and changed it every 3k miles and I plan on doing the same unless their's something wrong with that. I read that it could last 15k? But I don't think I'd risk going that far on an oil change. Theirs strong supporters on every site that i visit about Amsoil products. I'm not bashing them but if I'm not having a problem with Mobile 1 I don't see a point in changing. I hear amsoil does make some great 2 stroke oil though.

Svendiesal I appreciate everyones comments and theirs no reason to flame anyone. Thanks for your concern but I didn't mind any of the posts prior to yours, they were all helpful.
Old Jul 11, 2010, 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by evo4sho
I already had purcahsed mobile 1 Ep. The original owner ran that and changed it every 3k miles and I plan on doing the same unless their's something wrong with that. I read that it could last 15k? But I don't think I'd risk going that far on an oil change. Theirs strong supporters on every site that i visit about Amsoil products. I'm not bashing them but if I'm not having a problem with Mobile 1 I don't see a point in changing. I hear amsoil does make some great 2 stroke oil though.

Svendiesal I appreciate everyones comments and theirs no reason to flame anyone. Thanks for your concern but I didn't mind any of the posts prior to yours, they were all helpful.
Well, if aint broke don't fix it We respect whatever decision you make. It's your car after all
Old Jul 11, 2010, 08:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Does your evo not have an oil dipstick?

Last edited by TommiM; Jul 11, 2010 at 08:09 PM.
Old Jul 11, 2010, 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by evo4sho

Mobil 1 EP is a very capable oil. You can check out BITOG to verify that

I definitely would not be pushing 15,000 as the TBN seems to be very low by that point but it meets my needs as an extended interval oil. As does Amsoil.