Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

best exhaust manifold???

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2010, 05:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
best exhaust manifold???

i wanna know what the best exhaust manifold is for the stock turbo????

i look for this but all i found was a thread from like 5 years ago so i wanna know whats in 2010. lol
Old Jul 11, 2010, 06:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
ported stocker,full-race,shearer... choose one
Old Jul 11, 2010, 06:42 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
jm fabrications makes a nice exhaust manifold
Old Jul 11, 2010, 06:50 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DsmSpeed
jm fabrications makes a nice exhaust manifold
What he said, or even better imo would be the 4ws "mons lisa" or the new toxic fab piece is beautiful. BTW how do you like your s1's?(in your Sig)
Old Jul 11, 2010, 07:24 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Tizart69
i wanna know what the best exhaust manifold is for the stock turbo????

i look for this but all i found was a thread from like 5 years ago so i wanna know whats in 2010. lol

"best" is subjective. What are you hoping to get out of an exhaust manifold? If you drag race you might need something different than autox as well.
Old Jul 11, 2010, 07:49 PM
Evolved Member

Full Race you can never go wrong, but their prices just went up again, so id say the Mona Lisa
Old Jul 11, 2010, 07:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
The Mona Lisa. Here a lot of good things about it. Full lifetime warranty also
Old Jul 12, 2010, 12:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by EvolutinIX
What he said, or even better imo would be the 4ws "mons lisa" or the new toxic fab piece is beautiful. BTW how do you like your s1's?(in your Sig)

Originally Posted by wizzo 8
The Mona Lisa. Here a lot of good things about it. Full lifetime warranty also
yes sir!!!!!!. WOW I DID NOT KNOW FULL RACE WENT BACK UP TO 1049. lol used to be 827. shearers is also nice. Mona lisa hands down .
Old Jul 12, 2010, 01:19 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RockmanX
yes sir!!!!!!. WOW I DID NOT KNOW FULL RACE WENT BACK UP TO 1049. lol used to be 827. shearers is also nice. Mona lisa hands down .

The one RockmanX has coated in his build thread is just down right stupid perfect imo! MAPerformance has it at a KILLER price.......
Old Jul 12, 2010, 07:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Depends on what you want to do. Longer runners are made for squeezing out hp, as shorter runners are made to keep the torque up.
Old Jul 12, 2010, 07:14 AM

Well im running stock turbo and dont wanna spend a fortune!! I would like some more hp but torque wouldnt hurt
Old Jul 12, 2010, 07:40 AM

If you are on a stock turbo the a ported and polished stock manifold will be fine, better flow will give more HP and torque, also an after market O2 housing or a ported stock one will help also.

Originally Posted by Tizart69
Well im running stock turbo and dont wanna spend a fortune!! I would like some more hp but torque wouldnt hurt
Old Jul 12, 2010, 08:06 AM
Evolved Member

Mona lisa seems to be popular on the forums. I went with the Full-Race coated due to a good price and I believe 4WS was out of the Mona's. I hadn't heard back so I switched it up. Full-Race has a vendors account on here and they check it regularly, so PM them for the best price. I got a good bit off of the sticker price on their site by going through PMs on the forums.

You have to shop around. Anything tubular made with quality steel and welds is a lot better than the garbage Megan or Invidia pieces. Those welds are just going to keep cracking no matter what you do...
Old Jul 12, 2010, 08:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Kirbyryu
If you are on a stock turbo the a ported and polished stock manifold will be fine, better flow will give more HP and torque, also an after market O2 housing or a ported stock one will help also.
the way you worded that statement is incorrect. the ported stocker is good but will not give you better flow then a tubular nor will it net power even close to a tubular manifold. yes it will keep your low and somewhat mid range. tubular will give you midrange and top end. So really depends on what the op is looking for exactly out his setup . the ported 02 housing or aftermarket o2 housing or getting a o2 dump is a great ideal as well. Might as well port your hotside of the turbo while your at it.

Originally Posted by buchnerj
Mona lisa seems to be popular on the forums. I went with the Full-Race coated due to a good price and I believe 4WS was out of the Mona's. I hadn't heard back so I switched it up. Full-Race has a vendors account on here and they check it regularly, so PM them for the best price. I got a good bit off of the sticker price on their site by going through PMs on the forums.

You have to shop around. Anything tubular made with quality steel and welds is a lot better than the garbage Megan or Invidia pieces. Those welds are just going to keep cracking no matter what you do...
Fullrace would have never beat my price as i offered you a stupid deal on one and you never got back to me on it. Mona lisas are ready to rock and roll had one with your name on it and you never pmed after I tried to hook my boy up

Last edited by RockmanX; Jul 12, 2010 at 08:53 AM.
Old Jul 12, 2010, 08:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 50 Likes on 46 Posts
Ported and coated stock from Buschur Racing. Add their fabricated O2 ftw.

Quick Reply: best exhaust manifold???