Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Vivid Racing's review Exedy stage 1 clutch and flywheel, Agency Power bushings

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2010, 02:29 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vivid Racing's review Exedy stage 1 clutch and flywheel, Agency Power bushings

Vivid Racing has just installed an Exedy stage 1 clutch, Exedy lightened flywheel, Agency Power stainless steel upper clutch line, Agency Power "under hood" shifter bushings and MOTUL GEAR 300 FULL SYNTHETIC 75-90 on my 2004 RS and this is my review for these products.

Clutch, Flywheel and SS Line:
My RS is stock for now and my stock clutch, that has 81k on it, just started to slip. I decided to go with the Exedy stage 1 clutch and the lightened flywheel. After putting about 900 miles on the the clutch and flywheel, I would have to say that the combo is exactly what I expected. The clutch pedal feels VERY aggressive the first 100 miles until the clutch starts to break in. After the break in period you can really feel a difference. The pedal feels almost like stock, just a little bit heavier. Grabbing each gear is also much nicer. It is more aggressive than stock but not by much. The needle drops faster than it would with the stock flywheel but again not by much. After installing the clutch and flywheel not only did I get a better feeling clutch but I also got clutch chatter. I had a little before with the stock clutch but it is much more apparent now. It doesn't bother me at all because the evo is a noisy car. This is my second evo and I know how noisy evos can be AND me having an RS with even less noise deadening material in the car makes all the noises louder. I didn't buy a luxury car, I bought a "road going rally car"! Back to the review, I would recommend the combo if you were going to do very light mods to your evo and noises DON'T bother you then the Exedy stage 1 clutch and the lightened flywheel is for you.

Shifter bushing and Gear fluid:
I would suggest this for everyone! I don't know if it is the new fluid or the bushings but everything feels a lot tighter and smoother. After getting both of these done shifting is noticeably tighter, more precise and smoother. The first day or two is very tight but after everything is broken in it will become slightly more loose and more comfortable. I would lean more towards the bushings for the night and day difference. It is definitely worth the money.

Here are the parts and part #'s for what was installed on the car:

Exedy
Clutch: 05803
Flywheel: MF04

Agency Power
SS Clutch Line: AP-CT9A-400 (red)
Shifter Bushings: AP-CT9A-305

MOTUL GEAR 300 FULL SYNTHETIC 75-90

Thanks for reading!
Phil
Old Jul 14, 2010, 04:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Does the lightened flywheel make any noticable difference in acceleration?
Old Jul 14, 2010, 05:00 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by xmaciek82x
Does the lightened flywheel make any noticable difference in acceleration?
The rpms rise and drop with a slight difference, nothing major.
Old Jul 16, 2010, 05:53 PM
Former Sponsor

The next review will be on the Agency Power intake filter and Dyno tune! Coming soon!
Old Sep 11, 2010, 02:34 PM
Evolved Member

i bought these bushing and the hole is slightly to small to fit.. arg.. has anyone has this problem?
Old Sep 11, 2010, 03:45 PM
Evolved Member

I wonder how much power you can make on this.
Old Sep 13, 2010, 11:49 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by EVO8STI
i bought these bushing and the hole is slightly to small to fit.. arg.. has anyone has this problem?
Yes I forgot to mention it is a snug fit.

Originally Posted by igo4bmx
I wonder how much power you can make on this.
Its pretty much a small step up from stock, I don't suggest going over 350whp but I do know a few evo owners running 400+whp and still on their stock clutch.