Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Please help! P0201 Injector circuit - Cylinder 1

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2010, 06:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Please help! P0201 Injector circuit - Cylinder 1

Last friday night I was headed home and decided to stop for gas. When I got off the highway I noticed my car was missing, bad. I got gas and limped it to my parents house which was nearby. Checked the code and found it is "P0201 Injector circuit - Cylinder 1"

Thinking one of my injectors was bad I swapped injector 1 and 4 thinking it would throw a "P0204 Injector circuit - Cylinder 4" however this did not happen. I've since moved this injector to cylinder 2 and it still shows the same "P0201 Injector circuit - Cylinder 1".

I've listened to the injectors with a screwdriver and can hear all of them clicking, however cylinder 1 sounds different.

I checked resistance between the ECU harness and the injector plug and found resistance for the wire to injectors 1 and 4 to be identical.

I've checked resistance on all of the injectors and they all read about the same.

I swapped ECU's thinking that maybe something got fried there, but it's still missing and throwing the same code.

As far as I can tell, I have ruled out the injectors, the wiring, and ECU as being the problem. I don't believe it is a spark problem, but I plan on swapping coils just to be sure. I also plan on swapping over to a set of stock injectors if I can find someone willing to lend me a set.

My car is tuned and is running on FIC 850 injectors. I haven't had any other issues and nothing has been changed or added in months. I'm at a complete loss as to what the issue is.What else should I be checking?

I appreciate anyone who's able to help!