Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

The HKS T51R SPL is in...

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2003, 12:04 AM
In Timeout

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So you think this turbo is going to suck with this car?

Originally posted by slowTsi

HORSE ****! Without nos spool up is going to be close to 7000, depending on the ar. Not to mention it would surge like crazy nut sack if it spooled that quickly.
On an rb26det, The t51 KIA (smaller than the SPL) spools around 5500 prms. Now figure you have a larger turbo with 30% less displacement......

neat toy though
Old Nov 21, 2003, 12:07 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
On a 2L
Old Nov 21, 2003, 12:08 AM
In Timeout

I think BS Solutions is just tring to do the biggest of everything with NO idea if it will work or not. Not to smart.
Old Nov 21, 2003, 12:12 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeh I call it the SUV theroy. Bigger is always better.
Old Nov 21, 2003, 12:25 AM
Evolved Member

Nice setup
I've seen an EVO III drag car with the HKS T51-R SPL. The turbo kicks in around 7K rpm, but it had a nitrous setup to help the low end. That car ran high 9's, but it's totally stripped.
Old Nov 21, 2003, 07:36 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by BPUKiller

2.2 Bar, with 19-20 PSI it ran about 500 to the wheels.

Sam
Something had to be wrong with that Supra, if you are getting only 100rwhp for 13 psi. Tuning?
Old Nov 21, 2003, 07:37 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by IS2000
Nice setup
I've seen an EVO III drag car with the HKS T51-R SPL. The turbo kicks in around 7K rpm, but it had a nitrous setup to help the low end. That car ran high 9's, but it's totally stripped.
That is what I have been trying to tell people
Old Nov 21, 2003, 07:48 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by 2fast2Furious
I think BS Solutions is just tring to do the biggest of everything with NO idea if it will work or not. Not to smart.
This is called research and development, Ryan. And yes, we HAVE SEEN evos with big turbos. The problem with a lot of the people here is that they DO NOT BELIEVE IN THE CAPABILITY of their cars. Look at Japan, they are not afraid to slap t51R SPl on the Evo3, twin 3540s on the 2.7 liter GTR, twin T78s and a suprecharger on a GT-R. They do not run STOCK intercoolers, and on top of that, they are not spraying.
Lag is overrated. If you want a proof of that, you can come by and get a ride in the Supra( that has never ran in the last year , whop told you that, Balanced?) it has not been running because their tuner tuned it. Now we took that in our hands, and the car it fine. Also, who drives a T88H Supra daily?
About the 300zx, I will email you a movie of the car running

So when are you coming by? The drive from Kennesaw is not that bad, Ryan. We are just right next to Balanced...
Old Nov 21, 2003, 07:49 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by 2fast2Furious
So you think this turbo is going to suck with this car?

Yes, it will suck enough air to be a highway monster
Old Nov 21, 2003, 07:54 AM
In Timeout

Parts should be shipped today. Also I want to see that turbo running on that evo, I am just saying it seems that the turbo is too big for that car, hell it's still a 2.0l 4 banger and I don't think it will spool that well unless you run it to 9k rpm but who knows I am new to this motor and I guess we will see.

Originally posted by Boost Solutions

This is called research and development, Ryan. And yes, we HAVE SEEN evos with big turbos. The problem with a lot of the people here is that they DO NOT BELIEVE IN THE CAPABILITY of their cars. Look at Japan, they are not afraid to slap t51R SPl on the Evo3, twin 3540s on the 2.7 liter GTR, twin T78s and a suprecharger on a GT-R. They do not run STOCK intercoolers, and on top of that, they are not spraying.
Lag is overrated. If you want a proof of that, you can come by and get a ride in the Supra( that has never ran in the last year , whop told you that, Balanced?) it has not been running because their tuner tuned it. Now we took that in our hands, and the car it fine. Also, who drives a T88H Supra daily?

So when are you coming by? The drive from Kennesaw is not that bad, Ryan. We are just right next to Balanced...
Old Nov 21, 2003, 07:55 AM

For what it is worth HKS of japan makes a t51r kit for the sw20 mr2 turbo. It is also a 2.0 engine so the idea is not too far fetched.

Lots of lag, yes. We are also talking about a 1000hp turbo though.

Way too much lag for my blood but I can appreciate it for the drag strip.

good luck
Old Nov 21, 2003, 07:56 AM
In Timeout

Also I will say this, Balanced tuned a friends AEM supercharged NSX to over 600 WHP so I think he knows what he is doing, but again I am not going to get in a pissing match. Lets see that evo when it's done. If it does run right it will be pretty unreal. Also what are you going to do about emissions?

Old Nov 21, 2003, 07:58 AM
Evolving Member

The problem with a lot of the people here is that they DO NOT BELIEVE IN THE CAPABILITY of their cars. Look at Japan, they are not afraid to slap t51R SPl on the Evo3, twin 3540s on the 2.7 liter GTR, twin T78s and a suprecharger on a GT-R. They do not run STOCK intercoolers, and on top of that, they are not spraying.
I have seen a pic of twin 3037s's on a frinkin silvia w/ an sr20det!!!!! By the way boostsolutions.......that set up looks siiickk!!! dont let these punks talk sh*t prove them wrong build the beast!!
Old Nov 21, 2003, 07:59 AM
Evolved Member

Sweet! I love it.

Go big or go home.
Old Nov 21, 2003, 08:00 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by drmosh
If I remember correctly, the T51R is only at 90% spool rate at 8000 RPM.

How many psi is that?
90% at 8000rpms on what car? On a 3liter stock engine Supra, it makes 2 bar(29psi) at 5500rpms , with good tuning. On a Civic, it might do that. But on a fully built Evo, 7000rpms should do the job. And that is 2 bar of boost at 7000rpms.

See, there are many factors that influence how the turbo spools and ho wmuch power it makes. You cannot just slap that turbo and go. It will require a lot of carefully tuning to make that power, and to make it safely. Also, the car will be running NOS all the time on the high boost setting.

Have you seen the dyno of Bryce Dana's Supra, with T51R SPL and a NOS spoolup shot? 874rwhp at 2 bar boost.

George

Quick Reply: The HKS T51R SPL is in...