Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Anyone making power on stock cams and 93octane gas without meth???ect.

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2010, 09:58 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by blkmkIII
well its $500 for cams + the install time.... an fp green hta is not much more then that.+ the car will idle like stock, drive like stock(out of boost), and i can warm the car up in the morning.
Honestly, the cam lope is nothing to worry about with S1's. Cost is another issue, but a good tuner can basically tune out the cam lope on those cams completely.
Old Aug 1, 2010, 10:57 AM
Evolved Member

fp green stock engine 25psi 93 gas with 80mm inlet... intake... tbe... licp.... stock intercooler(maybe not) is what i am looking to do... if i can gain 40wheel from the cams on pump... it would be a worthy mod.
Old Aug 1, 2010, 11:05 AM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Evo IX stock cams always make good power, i have seen plenty locals run reds and 30r turbo's with the stock cam make great power,,, i am not saying you dont need them,, you need to analyze your set up and what will you be doing with the car and then decide if you need them.

if you are DD the car and stockish to 8K rpms then stock cams wil do great,,,, the evo 8 is the engine that always needed cams to wake it up evo IX has a more aggresive cam than the 8's

Originally Posted by blkmkIII
Seems like every thread i look at for fp green hta/red/ all have aftermarket camshafts. I am looking to see if anyone has done this and actually made a difference in power at a semi normal boost level(sub 26psi) that is worth recording. i know the power up top is without question a mod in itself, but i would rather not do cams if i do not have to, i like letting my car warm up @7am when i goto work with out blaa blaa blaa blaaa(cam lump). ive been looking at alot of fp dyno threads and have yet to see one on stock cams w.o meth on 93 gas, more interested in the green hta.

also stock manifoldw/ ported or aftermarket o2... pretty much a evo9 with an exhaust, lower intercooler pipe and an intake + an fp green hta +injectors ... worth my time???
Old Aug 1, 2010, 06:51 PM
Evolved Member

^pumped^