Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Broken boost control solenoid

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2010, 12:03 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Broken boost control solenoid

Was getting a random Cel P0243 (wastegate solenoid malfunction) and when I checked the solenoid had broken in half where it mounts to the gold bracket under the airbox. I have a Elec boost controller already installed and even though it bybasses the bcs, I know this still needs to be connected to not get that Cel. My question is, when the random times the cel comes on, is the ecu trying to mess with any boost or afr's to compensate and since I'm having a hard time obtaining a new one, since its pretty much to just avoid the cel, if I place maybe a 2.2k ohm resistor in place of the bcs could that possibly complete the circuit. Any help is appreciated.
Old Aug 2, 2010, 12:06 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Sinbig
Was getting a random Cel P0243 (wastegate solenoid malfunction) and when I checked the solenoid had broken in half where it mounts to the gold bracket under the airbox. I have a Elec boost controller already installed and even though it bybasses the bcs, I know this still needs to be connected to not get that Cel. My question is, when the random times the cel comes on, is the ecu trying to mess with any boost or afr's to compensate and since I'm having a hard time obtaining a new one, since its pretty much to just avoid the cel, if I place maybe a 2.2k ohm resistor in place of the bcs could that possibly complete the circuit. Any help is appreciated.

Actually you can turn that CEL off by rewritting some of the code. PM me and I can point you in the right direction.

Josh
Old Aug 2, 2010, 12:13 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Jmelocik@Spec-Ops
Actually you can turn that CEL off by rewritting some of the code. PM me and I can point you in the right direction.

Josh
Wonderful, untill then do you think the ecu may and try to change any boost or afr values with this Cel?
Old Aug 3, 2010, 01:24 PM
Former Sponsor

If you are running an aftermarket boost controller it won't alter boost, as far as afr values I would just continue to monitor your wideband to ensure safe levels are not exceeded.

Josh
Old Aug 3, 2010, 02:38 PM
Evolving Member

Thank you.