Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

does buschur v-band tbe fit well?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2010, 06:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
does buschur v-band tbe fit well?

Right now i have a hks carbon ti and it rubs with the driveshaft. Im really looking for a new exhaust that will fit well and not rub on the driveshaft or hit the tie bars. Im looking to get the Buschur v-band tbe with the bullet muffler. If anyone has this on thier car it would be awesome if you could let me know if it has any fitment issues. thanks in advance for the help
Old Aug 5, 2010, 06:26 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There are no fitment issues with this system. No rubbing, hitting, etc...

There would be only one area that would hit but like our standard turboback we resolved that. That is the lower tie-bars. We include 5 stainless spacers for the 5 bolts that hold them on that drop them down slightly for proper clearance of our downpipe. Nothing big. The system includes everything you need for installation.

I know you wont be disappointed with your purchase.

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns. Ill be glad to help you out.
Old Aug 5, 2010, 06:30 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jrod@Buschur
There are no fitment issues with this system. No rubbing, hitting, etc...

There would be only one area that would hit but like our standard turboback we resolved that. That is the lower tie-bars. We include 5 stainless spacers for the 5 bolts that hold them on that drop them down slightly for proper clearance of our downpipe. Nothing big. The system includes everything you need for installation.

I know you wont be disappointed with your purchase.

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns. Ill be glad to help you out.
what he said ^^ I've had both versions for a stock turbo car and now a larger turbo... LOVED them both and no fitment issues whatsoever nor any rubbing
Old Aug 5, 2010, 06:31 AM
Evolved Member

It is by far the best exhaust you can get! The v-band makes it so much easier when working on the car! Also, get the bullet in the middle and the SD muffler in the rear. It quiets it down and the SD muffler gives it a deeper tone instead of the raspy sound.
Old Aug 5, 2010, 09:44 AM

ok so now i think i have a problem. I took my hks exhaust of an hour ago, and put my stock one back on because i couldnt stand it hitting my driveshaft. Now even with the stock exhaust on it still sounds like something is rubbing on it, sometimes it even squeaks. I know that there is nothing hitting it, and i have no clue what the noise is.
Old Aug 5, 2010, 10:09 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
could it be your Cat is hitting the metal heat shield that's attached to the chassis right above the Cat ?

It happened to me.
Old Aug 5, 2010, 10:56 AM

its more of a thumping sound that happens loudesnt when i let of the gas or if i'm coasting in neutral. Also if i'm coasting in neutral it squeaks a little too. to me it sounds like something in the driveline but i have no clue where to start.
Old Aug 5, 2010, 10:59 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by letMeIn
could it be your Cat is hitting the metal heat shield that's attached to the chassis right above the Cat ?

It happened to me.
Thats a good possibilty..if the shiedling came loose somehow it could be that
Old Aug 5, 2010, 11:00 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by racr00089
its more of a thumping sound that happens loudesnt when i let of the gas or if i'm coasting in neutral. Also if i'm coasting in neutral it squeaks a little too. to me it sounds like something in the driveline but i have no clue where to start.
Hmm try pushing the car when its in neutral and listen for it that way.. see if you can isolate the sound without the car on.
Old Aug 5, 2010, 11:32 AM

do you guys think that maybe it could be driveshaft bushings? If i hold a steady speed i dont hear any noise but as soon as i let off the gas or give it gas is when i hear the noise. Maybe the drive shaft ising being held in place by the bushings? what do you guys think.
Old Aug 5, 2010, 11:33 AM

i didnt hear anything when i pushed it in my driveway. maybe i couldnt get it going fast enought to hear the noise or something.
Old Aug 5, 2010, 12:11 PM
Evolved Member

i've got the buschur v-band TBE, only exhaust i'd ever put on my evo. fits great and the v-bands are SO nice
Old Aug 5, 2010, 12:22 PM

I'm just trying to think of more things that might help diagnose my problem but the vibrations become more severe as i go higher in rmp's, but not in speed. so if im at 3500 in 1st gear its worse than if i was in 5th gear at only 2000 rpms even though i'm going faster. i thought at first that i might have a out of balance driveshaft but the fact that it doesnt get worse as speed increases leads me to believe otherwise.
Old Aug 5, 2010, 12:52 PM
Evolving Member

Did you put the doughnut gasket back on?
Old Aug 5, 2010, 01:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Yes It Does.

Quick Reply: does buschur v-band tbe fit well?