Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

gsc s2 or fp4r with bbk full

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2010, 08:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
both cams are great choices, the only thing i have heard about the FP4R's is that they are a pain to tune the idle. not sure if tuners have found a way to tune it without to many hassles. but either cam you chose will be a great choice. the lope on the FP4R's is prety aggressive at least from what i have heard/seen (videos) the S2's are a very popular choice as well.
Old Aug 9, 2010, 01:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by vmrevo9
both cams are great choices, the only thing i have heard about the FP4R's is that they are a pain to tune the idle. not sure if tuners have found a way to tune it without to many hassles. but either cam you chose will be a great choice. the lope on the FP4R's is prety aggressive at least from what i have heard/seen (videos) the S2's are a very popular choice as well.
I have heard the same thing about tuning the fp4rs. I know they are a great cam but for a daily driver it might not be the best idea. They are a great choice so don't be confused lol
Old Aug 9, 2010, 02:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by shuttlegoose
I have heard the same thing about tuning the fp4rs. I know they are a great cam but for a daily driver it might not be the best idea. They are a great choice so don't be confused lol
lol i dont know where this hard to tune thing came form Jorge at JMS tuned my fp 4rs with no issues he did not send me a complaint once and you can see from the video my idle is great
Old Aug 9, 2010, 02:19 PM
Evolving Member

You prefer your FP4rs? You havnt even seen your car since they have been installed...much less driven it. Your not comparing anything here...just posting to tell people you have the FP4r.

Anyways, onto some real feedback. A local switched the GSCs2 cams and picked up some really good power uptop on his 33r. I have s1, and if i ever upgrade, it will most likely be to s2.

Originally Posted by RockmanX
not going to lie both cams are good but i prefer fp 4rs all day. now some CUSTOM GSC cams would be nice as well
Old Aug 11, 2010, 12:18 PM

I have heard that the fp4rs are hard to tune with the idle. I am leaning more towards s2s since thats what chad uses with his turbo.
Old Aug 11, 2010, 02:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Turbo01s2k
You prefer your FP4rs? You havnt even seen your car since they have been installed...much less driven it. Your not comparing anything here...just posting to tell people you have the FP4r.

Anyways, onto some real feedback. A local switched the GSCs2 cams and picked up some really good power uptop on his 33r. I have s1, and if i ever upgrade, it will most likely be to s2.
haa your to funny so the shop has tuned my idle on the car and they have driven it and given me all feedback. Huh no difference think next time please. whether im behind the wheel or not i know everything thats going on down there. Also asked about the tuning the idle etc on top of that also i researched both fp cams and s2 cams before i made my selection . s2 are great cams as well pending your application as i have stated either cam will get the job done will good results
Old Aug 11, 2010, 03:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
just get the gsc s2's with the bee hive valve springs. you will love them
Old Aug 11, 2010, 03:50 PM
Evolved Member

S2's all the way. They idle close to stock and spool is just as good as stock. I gained 46whp going S2's with speed density over stock cams on the BBK turbo.
Old Aug 11, 2010, 06:59 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by boostedwrx
S2's all the way. They idle close to stock and spool is just as good as stock. I gained 46whp going S2's with speed density over stock cams on the BBK turbo.
Mine do not idle like stock lol. Lopey town usa lol
Old Aug 12, 2010, 06:49 AM
Account Disabled

Same here toxic but I like the slight lope to them they make some great mid power and tq.As far as the fp cams go for tuning your have to degree them a bit different then the s2's if you have a good shop installing them and tuner then you have no worries either way both great cams also note there a bit more pricey for the money I personally think it's not worth just my 2 cent.
Old Aug 12, 2010, 07:20 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 4doorstreetbike
Same here toxic but I like the slight lope to them they make some great mid power and tq.As far as the fp cams go for tuning your have to degree them a bit different then the s2's if you have a good shop installing them and tuner then you have no worries either way both great cams also note there a bit more pricey for the money I personally think it's not worth just my 2 cent.

i know you can tune out the lope but i like it, my car idles around 14.8-15.2 af and its outa control. lol
Old Aug 12, 2010, 07:28 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ToxicFab
Mine do not idle like stock lol. Lopey town usa lol
Aaron has mine idling pretty damn close to stock. It's all in the tune it seems.
Old Aug 12, 2010, 10:08 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by boostedwrx
Aaron has mine idling pretty damn close to stock. It's all in the tune it seems.

whats your af at idle?
Old Aug 12, 2010, 10:36 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ToxicFab
whats your af at idle?
On E98 about where yours does