Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Aps twin vent and car wash

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2010, 01:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aps twin vent and car wash

It's been two years since I've owned my evo and I just thought of something today after I washed my car. I have the aps twin vent bov in my car and it just clicked in my head that the vent port on the bov is facing straight up right under the vent in my hood. Has anyone with this or similar BOVs run into problems with water getting in the vent on the BOV? Or am I just being overly paranoid and ****? Because if there is a problem, then there would be a problem while driving in pouring rain also, right? Thanks for looking!
Old Aug 10, 2010, 02:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by sleepy_rps13
It's been two years since I've owned my evo and I just thought of something today after I washed my car. I have the aps twin vent bov in my car and it just clicked in my head that the vent port on the bov is facing straight up right under the vent in my hood. Has anyone with this or similar BOVs run into problems with water getting in the vent on the BOV? Or am I just being overly paranoid and ****? Because if there is a problem, then there would be a problem while driving in pouring rain also, right? Thanks for looking!
i have aps twin vent Never a issue you being paraniod for real mine is mounted kind of away from the vent via injen pipping

see where its at and i never had a issue since day one and i wash alot to keep it looking GOOD
Old Aug 10, 2010, 02:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Loving that engine bay
Old Aug 10, 2010, 02:25 PM
Former Sponsor

We have seen a couple of these get stuck from having them mounted like you are describing. Actually two come into mind right off the back as they had water collecting in the port causing the valve to stick pretty badly.
Old Aug 10, 2010, 02:32 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Force-Fed Performance
We have seen a couple of these get stuck from having them mounted like you are describing. Actually two come into mind right off the back as they had water collecting in the port causing the valve to stick pretty badly.
mine sitting up like this chilling

old enginebay shots but closer

Now a pic for humor lol when i first got it I was not sure which way it went LOL

Originally Posted by s.e.a.n.
Loving that engine bay
thanks buddy for real i try lol not even done yet more goodies coming to the scene
Old Aug 10, 2010, 02:51 PM
Former Sponsor

looks good rock.

Im not saying APS valve isnt good or all of them do this, but we have seen a couple stick due to water.
Old Aug 10, 2010, 02:58 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Force-Fed Performance
looks good rock.

Im not saying APS valve isnt good or all of them do this, but we have seen a couple stick due to water.
well its like anything in life some people buy seibon garbage and hood fits like god and some people dont have yellowing. LIKE MY Fenders for my Z my seibon hood fit GREAT but came preyellow from the box seriously lol but my fenders came A1 and nice and clear but i dont know how they fit yet
Old Aug 10, 2010, 02:58 PM
Former Sponsor

yup you are right man. Funny how that works lol