Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Transmission/Clutch issue

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2010, 01:35 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Transmission/Clutch issue

Hey hows it going? So ive been noticing this problem lately, and its starting to worry me more. I have an Exedy twin clutch with a fresh rebuild kit(about 6k miles) and a Buschur Stage 1 trans. When i first got the trans, everything was fine. I change the fluid often, and it never seems to help this problem either. The problem is when i am driving, 1st to second is clean, crisp, smooth. 2nd to third will something give me a little notch/click when i go into it. Not exactly a grind, just not smooth and clean. The strange part, is it will only do it sometimes. I tried adjusting my clutch further out...no help. I tried doing all solid bushings, no help. I feel like it does it ONLY when i push the clutch all the way to the floor to shift. If i push the clutch half way(still fully disengaged as i have my pedal pretty far up) it will not do it. If im downshifting...never does it.

Also noticed if i lay into it in second, after the wastegate opens push the clutch in to shift to 3rd, its very notchy.

-Is it possible that my slave is going bad, and cant keep fluid pressure up?
-Do i have an issue with my 3rd gear? The trans has 20k on it prior to buschur working on it. It had all new sycnros installed, double 2nd. It has about 6k on it now, fluid changed every 2k.
-Do i have a clutch issue? I have 6k on the twin...it cant be having issues already can it? It grabs strong still.

I dont beat the hell out of my car. Yes i do dog on it maybe once a day...or if im racing. I have flat shifted the car before, and it is smooth and crisp as can be. High RPM shifts are clean. no grinds, no notches, nothing.

Any help or ideas? Car has 93k on it, so im not in complete denial that a slave or something dealing with fluid/pressure is going bad.

Alex
Old Aug 15, 2010, 06:55 PM

what kind of fluid you running? if its royal purple thats the problem make sure to go with either redline or ams oil! otherwise sounds like your tranny to me id say its time for a rebuild but it could also be a clutch adjustment so make sure you did the adjustment correctly!
Old Aug 15, 2010, 08:01 PM
Evolved Member

Mine does the same thing. I have no Idea what it was, the clutch just feels very inconsistent, I've been wondering if its the factory cluth pill everyone takes out? I have an Exedy Twin too, stock tranny (94k) and I use the redline cocktail. I just put the new clutch in about 1k miles ago and I notice it grinds reverse occasionally, my stock clutch never did. I've tried adjusting the pedal but to no avail sorry for not helping just expressing my annoyance also!
Old Aug 16, 2010, 10:16 AM
Evolving Member

Sounds like the same issue as me. Sometime its a clean, crisp shift and sometimes i have a notch. I certainly hope its not tranny rebuild time, this is a brand new refreshed trans from buschur. If its just how its going to be, i guess ill have to live with it...i just want to know im not doing more damage to the syncros!