Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

HKS BOV Recirc kit question

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2010 | 12:10 PM

HKS BOV Recirc kit question

I have a question I cant seem to find an answer to easily. I bought the hks ssqv recirculate kit but the hose that came with it doesnt match up with what I need. I am currently out in Germany and the auto stores here cant seem to help me at all. I have been to a few to include a mitsubishi dealership here. I was just wondering if someone can give me a point in the right direction to somewhere i can get a hose that will fit what I need to install the recirc kit. Thanks
Old Aug 20, 2010 | 09:11 PM

just dont recirc it! much easier then finding a correct kit! its prob just a different version of the hks then the kit you got!
Old Aug 21, 2010 | 10:10 AM

I would consider that except that every time i shift at a high rpm i get a stutter in boost at 10 psi. It hits 10 psi and then hesitates for a second (kinda feels like hitting a rev limiter) then goes back to normal. Been told and found a few post saying that its most likely due to the vta bov since the maf is expecting air that isnt there. Guess I will have to call the place back on monday and see if I get someone else who can help
Old Aug 21, 2010 | 11:07 AM

Yeah maf is looking for all that air
Old Aug 22, 2010 | 10:29 AM

anyone able to point me in the right direction for the size of the hose I need? Thanks
Old Aug 24, 2010 | 11:01 AM
Evolved Member

I had the same hesitation while running the HKS BOV to atmoshpere. It would stutter then regain compsure. I ended up recirculating it and the problem minimized though I could feel it when going up hills at part throttle.

The inner hose diameter I used to recirc was 25mm. Here is a pic of my setup on my old Evo 8.

Last edited by EVOla_VIRUS; May 15, 2012 at 05:23 PM.
Old Aug 26, 2010 | 10:03 AM

Thanks, thats what I needed. Now my last question is after recirculating the bov will I need to get a retune done or will it just be happier now that the air that is expected is actually there. Thanks again
Old Aug 26, 2010 | 02:50 PM
Evolving Member

you definitely need to recirculate it. dont even thin twice about it. our mafs suck enough already.

i recently swapped to a recirculated ssqv. i cut a piece of hosing that fit the recirc fitting, and slipped the larger piece of hosing that went to the intake over that, and clamped it down. no leaking, even under 28psi on a 30r. simple solution. i also used heater hose
Old Aug 26, 2010 | 05:20 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by hitman28
you definitely need to recirculate it. dont even thin twice about it. our mafs suck enough already.

i recently swapped to a recirculated ssqv. i cut a piece of hosing that fit the recirc fitting, and slipped the larger piece of hosing that went to the intake over that, and clamped it down. no leaking, even under 28psi on a 30r. simple solution. i also used heater hose

Basically did the same thing on my GST. I just used another peice of hose, cut it a little, placed it on the recirculating part of the BOV and then use the regular hose over it. Clamped her down and shes been holding for 2 years now!
Old Aug 29, 2010 | 08:46 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by usernameinuse
Thanks, thats what I needed. Now my last question is after recirculating the bov will I need to get a retune done or will it just be happier now that the air that is expected is actually there. Thanks again
I dont believe you need to retune it. The system should be happier now that the expected air is being ingested.