Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Intake heat shield

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2010, 03:56 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by avo3vom
Both are very nice, any templates, measurments?
I've had a lot of requests for a how-to, so I've made full size templates. The side which faces the MAF is larger than 8 1/2 x 14 so it will not load into my scanner unless I can get it reduced to scale. But I'm working on it. A measurements and materials list is no problem; however, they would be useless without drawings or templates. I would like to post it all at once,so I've held off. Until then, if there is a specific question, I'll try to answer it. Thanks.
Old Aug 27, 2010, 02:10 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by lcwjr
I've had a lot of requests for a how-to, so I've made full size templates. The side which faces the MAF is larger than 8 1/2 x 14 so it will not load into my scanner unless I can get it reduced to scale. But I'm working on it. A measurements and materials list is no problem; however, they would be useless without drawings or templates. I would like to post it all at once,so I've held off. Until then, if there is a specific question, I'll try to answer it. Thanks.
I believe I will need to extend the sides for mine, my filter mounts directly to the MAF. Is the opening for the box the same dimesions as the stock MAF? Definetly looking forward to the parts list and template.
Old Aug 28, 2010, 06:41 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by avo3vom
I believe I will need to extend the sides for mine, my filter mounts directly to the MAF. Is the opening for the box the same dimesions as the stock MAF? Definetly looking forward to the parts list and template.
Sure, the box could be extended to the MAF. I decided not to do that because that would require that the box would have to have an exact hole cut out to match the MAF pattern (which could certainly be done). It would also limit my access to the UICP coupler hose clamps, and a few other reasons. Really, its a personal choice kind of decision. On mine, I used the HKS MAF air filter adapter which just reaches the side of the air box. The silicon hose goes from the adapter through a round 4 1/4 inch hole in the box, and connects to the HKS air filter.

I felt that it was easier to extend the MAF by using a new intake pipe to MAF coupler, and adjusting (cutting) that length
to match the new air box position.. I did the same thing with the
HKS MAF adapter to air filter coupler in order to position the air filter inside the air box. Again, its just a matter of personal taste. Maybe these pics will help.
Attached Thumbnails Intake heat shield-air-box-.jpg   Intake heat shield-photo0015.jpg