Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Is IT WORTH PORTING THE STOCK MANIFOLD AND THROTTLE BODY???

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2010, 08:29 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Buschur Ported Stock Manifold & 65mm TB good for 900whp and 8 second passes..

World's Quickest / Fastest Stock Ecu - 8.99@163mph
World's Quickest / Fastest Drag Radial Evo 8/9- 9.05@160mph
World's Quickest / Fastest Mivec Evo - 8.99@163mph
World's Quickest Stock Frame FP Black - 9.33@146mph
Old Aug 31, 2010, 09:23 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ChrisCarey
Can you define a "real" manifold? lol The answer is simple, if you are looking for the absolute most peak horsepower, go with a larger plenum like the Magnus v5. If you're looking to increase performance across the board and improve spool characteristics there is no better option than a ported stock manifold, and in my opinion no better option that our Rev3
Chris...I am having some work done to my exhaust and hot side that will be done by you guys...I considered doing a ported intake manifold and tb...however I am running a stock 9 turbo and I don't know of the real potential gains of your units on a stock turbo...do you have any data comparing a stock intake Manifold to your ported unit rev2 and rev3? On a stock turbo? I could see the benefits on a larger turbo but how about stock...? Thanks...I need the hot side and exhaust Manifold fast...APM will be contacting you guys...
Old Sep 1, 2010, 02:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hi Guys,
currently im rebuilding my Evo 5 engine and i just wonder can i get extra torque & hp if i just change to a slightly bigger T/B (70mm) while maintaining my stock standard intake?
My set-up :
1) Walbro 255
2) Tomei FPR
3) 600mm x 300mm x 75mm IC with 2.5" IC piping around.
4) GSC S2 Camshaft
5) Used 85.5mm JE Pistons
6) Used BC I-Beam rods
7) PFC Ecu
8) Stock 560cc Injectors
9) Stock TD05HR 16G turbo

Can my 560cc injectors able to coupe?
Lastly, will it be very lag once i changed to a 70mm T/B?

Thanks
Old Sep 1, 2010, 05:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
get them ported of course it make a differnce, not to mention it is some much cheaper then buying per say an ams f1 and a sheer manifold they are like 1200 each
Old Sep 1, 2010, 06:16 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by naplesevo
get them ported of course it make a differnce, not to mention it is some much cheaper then buying per say an ams f1 and a sheer manifold they are like 1200 each
Ported mean the Intake? or T/B?

Thanks
Old Sep 1, 2010, 08:00 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by highbredcloud
Chris...I am having some work done to my exhaust and hot side that will be done by you guys...I considered doing a ported intake manifold and tb...however I am running a stock 9 turbo and I don't know of the real potential gains of your units on a stock turbo...do you have any data comparing a stock intake Manifold to your ported unit rev2 and rev3? On a stock turbo? I could see the benefits on a larger turbo but how about stock...? Thanks...I need the hot side and exhaust Manifold fast...APM will be contacting you guys...
We did some testing of the Rev3 with a stock turbo, a summary of the results can be found here sir.
Old Sep 1, 2010, 08:56 AM

We did some testing of the Rev3 with a stock turbo, a summary of the results can be found here sir.
You got a member discount beautiful looking intake manifold
Old Sep 1, 2010, 09:05 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by xzero
You got a member discount beautiful looking intake manifold
Thank you sir If you're truly interested shoot me a M and I'll see what I can work out
Old Sep 1, 2010, 09:42 AM
Evolved Member

Hi Guys,
come back to my question, can i get extra torque & hp if i just change to a slightly bigger T/B (70mm) while maintaining my stock standard intake manifold?

Lastly,if i used a bigger T/B will it also cause more lag?

Thanks
Old Sep 2, 2010, 05:25 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jameswwt
Hi Guys,
come back to my question, can i get extra torque & hp if i just change to a slightly bigger T/B (70mm) while maintaining my stock standard intake manifold?

Lastly,if i used a bigger T/B will it also cause more lag?

Thanks
Anyone to share???
Old Sep 2, 2010, 07:38 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 752 Likes on 578 Posts
No, if you go to a bigger TB then you'll have a step at your IM flange. You'd need to at least port that to match the larger TB opening.

Also, I don't think the TB is the main restriction here, the IM porting is where its at and that's what I'd put my money towards (Ported stock, not SMIM)
Old Sep 2, 2010, 05:56 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Dallas J
No, if you go to a bigger TB then you'll have a step at your IM flange. You'd need to at least port that to match the larger TB opening.

Also, I don't think the TB is the main restriction here, the IM porting is where its at and that's what I'd put my money towards (Ported stock, not SMIM)
Ok,let's say if i changed to a bigger IM to match the 70mm T/B will it be very laggy on a GSC S2 cams and stock evo 5 turbo?
Old Sep 2, 2010, 08:00 PM
Account Disabled

Not for nothing but don;t try to compare a stock manifold to a di or a v5 ..If im paying that price im gonna put a stacked manifold on my car not a ported stocker.
Old Sep 2, 2010, 08:04 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by 4doorstreetbike
Not for nothing but don;t try to compare a stock manifold to a di or a v5 ..If im paying that price im gonna put a stacked manifold on my car not a ported stocker.
This is what a Buschur Ported Manifold for 150.00 has proven to do.. You looking to go faster than this??

World's Quickest / Fastest Stock Ecu - 8.99@163mph
World's Quickest / Fastest Drag Radial Evo 8/9- 9.05@160mph
World's Quickest / Fastest Mivec Evo - 8.99@163mph
World's Quickest Stock Frame FP Black - 9.33@146mph
Old Sep 2, 2010, 08:06 PM
Evolving Member

Chris I read everything on your website but thanks for the link anyways...from what I gather the rev 2 manifold seems to give the best gains for the buck since it costs $250. And gives 27 hp and 36 tq vs $650 for the rev 3 which gives 35 hp and 47 tq but costs $400 more...not sure if it's cost effective to gain the extra 8 hp and 9 tq for the money...on a stock turbo...I would like to know the aggressive tune on the stock 9 since there could be many factors per the gains...was this a track tune or street tune? Boost level Psi? Fuel used? Any headwork? Etc...many shops here who have tested stock ported intake manifolds don't see more than 7hp gain peak on a mustang dyno...not saying that it's your manifold they tested keep that in mind please...if you truly let me know in time the results I will get with a ported intake manifold I can have that shipped along with the tb with the other stuff I am sending you guys tomorrow...let me know feel free to pm if needed...

Quick Reply: Is IT WORTH PORTING THE STOCK MANIFOLD AND THROTTLE BODY???