Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Is IT WORTH PORTING THE STOCK MANIFOLD AND THROTTLE BODY???

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2010, 12:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
to be fair if your going to test all 3 you might as well include everybody then if you going to do it right. buschur Map Magnus(obvious winners should not be a part of this test) PPI extreme, Milspec v3 just the stocker ported. If you want to test them you should buy them all or if the respective companies are willing to send you a test subject more power to you but it needs to be a extremely controlled environment with plenty of people there to see this or video proof or something. When people take it upon themseleves to do TESTING most of the time things are left out or its not a controlled enivorment rendering the test results crap. not to mention correction factor the list goes on
Old Sep 3, 2010, 12:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 65 Likes on 49 Posts
It needs to be done a Dynojet by someone that doesnt have any agenda (I.e. dealer for all parties involved). That being said...OUT.
Old Sep 3, 2010, 01:02 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by JohnBradley
It needs to be done a Dynojet by someone that doesnt have any agenda (I.e. dealer for all parties involved). That being said...JB OUT.
I fixed that for you.
Old Sep 3, 2010, 01:23 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
It needs to be done a Dynojet by someone that doesnt have any agenda (I.e. dealer for all parties involved). That being said...OUT.
Come on sir, I would definitely pitch in if you were on board
Old Sep 3, 2010, 01:35 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chris I talked to Justin at forced fed perofrmance and he said hes down for the testing but lets do all 3 of them to be fair..I ensure that the dyno will stay uncorrected numbers let me know if your down for the challange cause I am.

Last edited by 4doorstreetbike; Sep 3, 2010 at 02:32 PM.
Old Sep 3, 2010, 01:54 PM
Evolved Member

I'll think about it.

I need to find a stock manifold UICP to use (that shouldnt be too hard). The main thing is the time investment and the fact that I already have an opinion. Yes I would be unbiased but its a known fact I think there are basically 2 options. I can make the tune match (i.e. timing stays constant, air/fuel gets corrected to match, boost, etc.) on all 3 of them but I can pretty much tell you how it will go down.

My opinion of the test is the same as Mike.
Originally Posted by AWD Motorsports
IM testing FML.. This topic has been beaten to death as bad as which oil to use.. LOL
Old Sep 3, 2010, 02:31 PM
Account Disabled

Aron me too I know the outcome.
Old Sep 3, 2010, 03:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
this is going to get ugly
Old Sep 3, 2010, 03:06 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I need to find a stock manifold UICP to use (that shouldnt be too hard). The main thing is the time investment and the fact that I already have an opinion. Yes I would be unbiased but its a known fact I think there are basically 2 options. I can make the tune match (i.e. timing stays constant, air/fuel gets corrected to match, boost, etc.) on all 3 of them but I can pretty much tell you how it will go down.
Please do share your opinion sir, and we're talking about on a stock turbo right? Are we talking about my Rev2 or my Rev3?
Old Sep 3, 2010, 03:54 PM
Evolved Member

I would be testing on my car, I dont know who's stock style would make more power. I am firmly convinced that the v5 will make the most power. This is why I dont want to get involved, no one will like my results since it will be tested with a 3586 on 23psi and gas or e85. I will stick with my current feeling and bow out of offering to test. Someone with a DJ should do the testing though in my opinion.

aaron

Last edited by JohnBradley; Sep 3, 2010 at 04:35 PM.
Old Sep 3, 2010, 05:39 PM

Anyone tried the S90 Throttle Body.
S90-Racing Throttle Bodies are made from CNC Billet Aluminum AL6061 and are a direct replacement for the OEM Cast Throttle Body.
Attached Thumbnails Is IT WORTH PORTING THE STOCK MANIFOLD AND THROTTLE BODY???-picture-20evo-203-20072.jpg  
Attached Images   

Last edited by Rogevo25; Sep 3, 2010 at 05:47 PM.
Old Sep 3, 2010, 06:02 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Rogevo25
Anyone tried the S90 Throttle Body.
S90-Racing Throttle Bodies are made from CNC Billet Aluminum AL6061 and are a direct replacement for the OEM Cast Throttle Body.
Looks good but don;t know anyone with it looks like it made in china or some sort..Also the pics are to small to view the way it sits on the manifold.Is it 90 mm in size??
Old Sep 3, 2010, 08:45 PM

I think it's made in Malaysia..
Designed by S90, These series of direct bolt-on throttle body are precicion CNC - machined from AL6061 - T6 billet aluminium and hard anodized for increased durability. The throttle shaft and blade assembly are made from AL7075-T6 seprately to increase horsepower and torque by optimizing airflow to your engine
Attached Thumbnails Is IT WORTH PORTING THE STOCK MANIFOLD AND THROTTLE BODY???-11a.jpg  
Old Sep 3, 2010, 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by 4doorstreetbike
Looks good but don;t know anyone with it looks like it made in china or some sort..Also the pics are to small to view the way it sits on the manifold.Is it 90 mm in size??
More Info on the Throttle Body...70mm Bore

The S90-Racing Throttle Body is the Breathing Point of your engine. With a Larger Oversized Throttle Body, you can supply as much Air as the Intake Manifold demands. Whether you have a set of Aftermarket Cams, Supercharger, Nitrous or Turbo, Oversize Throttle Bodies will deliver More Horsepower! Oversize Throttle Bodies work well with Fuel and Air Upgrades. Use of a High Flow Air Intake is required, as the opening is larger than the Stock Intake Piping. Match Porting your Intake Manifold will help Maximum the Larger Throttle Body Diameter.
Most companies simply bore out the stock throttle body and change the Butterfly. Not S90-Racing! S90-Racing Throttle Bodies are made from CNC Billet Aluminum AL6061 and are a direct replacement for the OEM Cast Throttle Body. A Special Billet Throttle Blade & Shaft made from AL7075-T6 is included to increase Full Throttle Response and Acceleration, especially installed at Force Induction engine. AL7075 material can stand for highest boost pressure to 3 Bar we tested , Both side of the shaft was comprise of Branded Ball Bearing to put out the best respond. You will need to reuse your stock Map Sensor and TPS. These can be reused from your stock throttle body. We have our own Design & never copy from any other’s Manufacturer.
Old Sep 3, 2010, 09:13 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Rogevo25
More Info on the Throttle Body...70mm Bore

The S90-Racing Throttle Body is the Breathing Point of your engine. With a Larger Oversized Throttle Body, you can supply as much Air as the Intake Manifold demands. Whether you have a set of Aftermarket Cams, Supercharger, Nitrous or Turbo, Oversize Throttle Bodies will deliver More Horsepower! Oversize Throttle Bodies work well with Fuel and Air Upgrades. Use of a High Flow Air Intake is required, as the opening is larger than the Stock Intake Piping. Match Porting your Intake Manifold will help Maximum the Larger Throttle Body Diameter.
Most companies simply bore out the stock throttle body and change the Butterfly. Not S90-Racing! S90-Racing Throttle Bodies are made from CNC Billet Aluminum AL6061 and are a direct replacement for the OEM Cast Throttle Body. A Special Billet Throttle Blade & Shaft made from AL7075-T6 is included to increase Full Throttle Response and Acceleration, especially installed at Force Induction engine. AL7075 material can stand for highest boost pressure to 3 Bar we tested , Both side of the shaft was comprise of Branded Ball Bearing to put out the best respond. You will need to reuse your stock Map Sensor and TPS. These can be reused from your stock throttle body. We have our own Design & never copy from any other’s Manufacturer.

boomba china knockoff

Quick Reply: Is IT WORTH PORTING THE STOCK MANIFOLD AND THROTTLE BODY???